Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orcish moral V.S Gondor moral

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

Icon5 Orcish moral V.S Gondor moral

First of all this looks like it will be worth any wait you impose so long it is not killed in some way {heaven forbid such a thing]}. before i switched from R.T.W. to M2tw i used to play a mod for BI 1.6 called the fourth age total war they did a very good job but the evil beings both orcs and urik-hai although having the right stats were totally useless due to the fact that they ran as soon the enemy looked at them funny while the good guys had spartan like moral fighting to the death against Evan the scariest of enemy units and thats on easy! so just wondering will orcs or at least urik-hai have enough moral to actually make a last stand instead of a three second battle then a mass rout in this awesome mod? thanks for all replies!

Glorfindel's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Orcish moral V.S Gondor moral

First of all this looks like it will be worth any wait you impose so long it is not killed in some way {heaven forbid such a thing]}. before i switched from R.T.W. to M2tw i used to play a mod for BI 1.6 called the fourth age total war they did a very good job but the evil beings both orcs and urik-hai although having the right stats were totally useless due to the fact that they ran as soon the enemy looked at them funny while the good guys had spartan like moral fighting to the death against Evan the scariest of enemy units and thats on easy! so just wondering will orcs or at least urik-hai have enough moral to actually make a last stand instead of a three second battle then a mass rout in this awesome mod? thanks for all replies!

I agree completely with you, all Orcs should have ok morale (not Spartan though) and Uruks even better because they are born fighters

but why don't you posted this in the Mordor thread?

we have a huriccane of threads here!
    everyone makes topics with the slightest reason

it should stop already
    Glorfindel, the Lord of the House of the Golden Flower

...Glorfindel was tall and straight, his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy, his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music, on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was strength...

... the Elven-wise, lords of the Eldar from beyond the furthest seas. They do not fear the Ringwraiths, for those who have dwelt in the Blessed Realm live at once in both worlds, and against both the Seen and the Unseen they have great power...

Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post

I agree completely with you, all Orcs should have ok morale (not Spartan though) and Uruks even better because they are born fighters

but why don't you posted this in the Mordor thread?

we have a huriccane of threads here!
    everyone makes topics with the slightest reason

it should stop already
    What about the fact that half the threads are so far off topic it isn't even funny anymore.

Also, I agree with you. Uruk'Hai should have pretty decent moral, about as good as men of gondor. But I think morale should be dependent on the type of unit. Weak orcs should have poor morale, so should regular units of Gondor. Units like Swan Nights, et cetera, should have great morale.

Isengard Fan

thanks for such quick replies gents! and both of you are right but i am wondering do you think that urik-hai should have extreme stamina compared to orcs and Evan men? i remember seeing them run for miles in the movies and still being able to fight. i will rep as soon as i can

not better stamina than trained men (i don't mean men of Bree obviously)

...Glorfindel was tall and straight, his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy, his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music, on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was strength...

... the Elven-wise, lords of the Eldar from beyond the furthest seas. They do not fear the Ringwraiths, for those who have dwelt in the Blessed Realm live at once in both worlds, and against both the Seen and the Unseen they have great power...

The Big Red 1's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by knight of virtue and valor View Post

I think fourth age did a beautiful job with their orcs.
    HONEY I AM HOME

are you sure that you have played the mod?
    the guy has played it and he finds it unbalanced

are you sure that you have played the mod?
    the guy has played it and he finds it unbalanced
    I find it perfect because orcs outnumber men 4-1 yet the orcs suck. But I cans still woop the men units with a charging horde of weak units. it really plays like real orcs.

Also orcs only cost like 100 and all of them could be recruited in one turn(RTW remember)
    HONEY I AM HOME

Orcs don't suck if you remember

Orcs don't suck if you remember
    What am i suppose to remember. I never agreed with you.
    HONEY I AM HOME

with all due respect the big red one in my opinion the orcs should be at least brave enough to carry out a actual fight after all its "you shall not pass!" not "you shall not even try to pass!" cowardly orcs are one thing but urik-hai just as cowardly is very unrealistic not to mention the urik-hai are even more useless then the orcs due to their inability to recruit any faster then the medium quality mannish ones who as i said before made the orcish troops run like sissies thank for any replies to my defense brave allies !

after all its "you shall not pass!" not "you shall not even try to pass!"

+rep for making me laugh

Faramir D'Andunie's Avatar Domesticus

Perhaps the standar Mordor orc unit should have okish morale but be able to get nasty morale bonuses from fighting alongside some special units?

Ringwraiths,armored Trolls come into mind, maybe mumakils too?
    Any community that gets its laughs by pretending to be idiots will eventually be flooded by actual idiots who mistakenly believe that they are in good company.

with all due respect the big red one in my opinion the orcs should be at least brave enough to carry out a actual fight after all its "you shall not pass!" not "you shall not even try to pass!" cowardly orcs are one thing but urik-hai just as cowardly is very unrealistic not to mention the urik-hai are even more useless then the orcs due to their inability to recruit any faster then the medium quality mannish ones who as i said before made the orcish troops run like sissies thank for any replies to my defense brave allies !
    I hated how they did uruks to. they should have been stronger(besides Berserkers) But I guess between trolls and Berserkers Adunabar would have been unbalanced.
    HONEY I AM HOME

agreed with all my heart the fourth age was a good mod the orcs in it are its only real fault cheers!

The Count(er)'s Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'm sure we'll do morale right so only the most elite of anything would ever fight to the death and make sure that orcs and uruks will only start to run if say half their force is eliminated quickly they may have less morale than say a human of the same quality but won't be soo absolutely useless that they run any and every chance they get
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaigidel View Post
    everyone but me is wrong.
    Ego's are fun

The Sixth Wizard's Avatar Semisalis

Mordor units should have more morale than the wild orcs and goblins of the misty mountains!

They are driven by THE RED EYE!!
    Third Age: Total War! (!!!!)

being the bad guy i will say that we know many men throughout history that have fled when they see huge horses riding against them or be flanked or suffering many casualties

the same goes for Orcs, they will run if they see Rohirim Knights stepping on their comrades or Gondorian soldiers from everywhere attacking them

then we have the good trained troops, Gondorian Veterans or good Uruks of Mordor or Isengard

these will not flee so easily (especialy Gondorians except if they have Nazgul as the enemy Generals with the high dread))

but i think in their majority Orcs are, maybe, more likely to flee but they are not so cowards as Fourth Age or LOTR Total War shows
    Last edited by Glorfindel; June 22, 2008 at 10:10 AM.

yeah played a custom battle with a pure orc-force yesterday... i let them charge, look fôr the wargs (hidden between some trees) to charge gondors archers, scroll back to the battle... and there was no battle anymore^^
    all orcs were routing, getting slaughtered from behind after uhm.... 15 seconds of fighting^^
    gondor lost 112 / 2500 men while i lost 3500/4000 sth like that^^

you grinder glorifindal and all of you rest my case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast