The Human league- Travelogue 1980
Electronic/experimental
Early Human League, the best line up in my opinion their first release was different to every other thing in the music scene. This is their second album as that line up, after they split with Ian Craig Marsh and Martyn Ware leaving to form Heaven 17 and Phillip Oakey to form a new Human League.

This Album is one of their best and its sound is different to the first one if I an remember correctly. Its sound in some places sound more synthpop than the first one but still retains the experimental aspects. The synths are ahead of their time and still sound fresh and the drum machine pumps out rhythms and beats that are simple and effective. They could have built up on their two albums and make their third album Dare (#1) even different if they had stayed together as that line up. Its less darker then some that I've heard but it is definatly dark with another early version of Being Boiled better than any other apart (on par with the first version) I heard from them and the instrumental that I heard is experiemental the most and contains interesting sounds.

Overall due to it sounding a bit more synthpop I give it:
4/5.

Bonus review- Perfect Day.
This song is very good and is very experimental using only basic crash percussion and minimal instruments does very well and doesn't sound that much dated and I believe this could if heard more by people could inspire a lot.

5/5 for me.

Perfect Day (this might be the only recording but since I don't know that part of the band well there might be more)

Being Boiled 1978 version