Thread: I challenge people to make an AAR!

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Default I challenge people to make an AAR!

With the new beta being somewhat playable, I challenge someone to write an AAR on Diadochi. Any faction can be chosen, while still preferring a campaign full of action and glorious battles. (Gauls, Epirus, Seleucids, Pergamum..)

So, if anyone is up for this 'promotional' AAR, go ahead and start one in the XGM AAR subforum. Good luck

Default Re: I challenge people to make an AAR!

A really deep one, a comedic, a more basic, or anything goes?

Have been wanting to do an AAR with Epirus, since I got beaten by the Romans after the independent greeks turned on me, and Macedonia chose to invade me first when I was focused in on Italy.
    Also remember I got whooped by the Illyrian rebels after totally underestimating them.

RPK: I guess everything that could happen wrong in history, really did with you Same mistakes, same failures as Pyrrhos experienced.
    Epirus is an excellent idea to make a campaign with. I recommend using a combination of comedic - deep AAR.
    Macedonians shouldn't invade you if you are playing with the ALEX exe, but with BI, those greedy bastards just can't resist. So my advice is to deal with the Romans, ask for a quick truce between you and them - then return to Thessaly by 272 BC~ and attack Macedon before they attack you.

Just don't die attacking Sparta - LOL!

What difficulty settings do you play on? VH / VH usually gives more realistic outcomes in battles and gives the AI some slack. It would be a bit wise to have Battle VH and Campaign M - so that everyone wont hate you

I usually play on M/M because I mostly don't like losing. Decided to jump straight up to the VH/VH train on the Epirus campaign and got crushed as a result.

Anyways, your plan seems good, as I'm still angry at those macedonians for stabbing my unwatched back. And I can't stand everyone attacking me because of the difficulty.

If I get some time over to do it, I will start one.

I recommend medium campaign since AI diplomacy is more stable and Hard battle difficulty. At VH game becomes unbalanced.

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Quote Originally Posted by HeroSK View Post
    I recommend medium campaign since AI diplomacy is more stable and Hard battle difficulty. At VH game becomes unbalanced.
    i just started with Thrace VH/VH. why would it become unbalanced? i use the B.I instead of alex.
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

agisilaos: In my opinion, VH/VH is the only balanced difficulty setting, so I only ever play with that and at times it seems like it needs an Ultra Hard difficulty setting..

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

i agree with you friend Redfox, even though many times i have read in the past, that there is something wrong in the programming of VH/Vh and the player gets some bonuses that he shouldn't. most guys suggested H/H, but from my experience in the mods i played, Vh/Vh is the real hard and as u said sometimes it would even need Ultra hard because it is not that tough in some occasions. the A.I. is more aggressive towards the player, the diplomacy is not really helpful and also the A.I. gets more income in this level.
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

Yeah, but everybody don't like the steamrolling kind of game. I never desire to capture to whole of Europe, it doesn't interest me. Things like waging war with long time allies against powerful nations interests me. Having a medium-sized nation, interfering in other peoples wars, taking peoples sides, betraying them, and so on and so forth. Don't know why, but world domination doesn't interest me.

I will try to lower the short campaign objectives for the next version - should provide with a nice short campaign with a victory screen.