Thread: A few ideas regarding mercenaries...

Default A few ideas regarding mercenaries...

I was just wondering if it were possible to give diplomats the ability to recruit mercenaries in the same manner as generals... if so then that could open up some interesting possibilities.

Also is it possible to recruit generals (as in named characters) as mercenaries??

both of the above would of course have to be balanced out with a greatly inflated cost i imagine...

Senator

Default Re: A few ideas regarding mercenaries...

Quote Originally Posted by banzai_travis View Post
    I was just wondering if it were possible to give diplomats the ability to recruit mercenaries in the same manner as generals... if so then that could open up some interesting possibilities.

Also is it possible to recruit generals (as in named characters) as mercenaries??

both of the above would of course have to be balanced out with a greatly inflated cost i imagine...
    Good idea.
    Maybe regional generals could also be recruited like in EB, too... :hmmm:

suberb idea good job

I don't understand why would any diplomat recruit an army...

As for generals as mercenaries, I believe we will have better system regarding this. But I think it is possible to make general's bodyguards recruitable as mercernaries.

dosnt have to be increased cost...

Subuatai de Bodemloze's Avatar No rest for the wicked
    50 degrees, 26.2 minutes North, 119 degrees, 12.4 minutes West

I don't understand why would any diplomat recruit an army...
    Maybe a diplo recruitment would go something like this......

" Captain Marcus! Would you and your men be interested in working for the English Crown? Of course we will forget your past indescretions... What say you man?"

- Mercs will join your forces for 2500 gold.

next turn....

-Captain Marcus & his men [3 battalions of Geneses Archers] have arrived in Paris and have sworn loyalty to the Crown of England, Lord William has accepted there fealty, on your behalf.
    Last edited by Subuatai de Bodemloze; June 18, 2008 at 12:51 PM.

I realy like this idea also you could have an option for diplomates to offer Royal Pardons to rebels and they could either disband or join your faction
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If this has to do with dissatisfaction about the clumsy vanilla system of mercenary recruitment, then you don't have to worry: we are planning to change it, but not the way as proposed here. For instance, you won't have to send your general to Low Countries if you want some mercenaries from there. Secondly, mercenaries will be changed. They are not good enough right now, and besides their recruitment system is too clumsy. We are also planning to include the Great Companies.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Alkidas View Post
    If this has to do with dissatisfaction about the clumsy vanilla system of mercenary recruitment, then you don't have to worry: we are planning to change it, but not the way as proposed here. For instance, you won't have to send your general to Low Countries if you want some mercenaries from there. Secondly, mercenaries will be changed. They are not good enough right now, and besides their recruitment system is too clumsy. We are also planning to include the Great Companies.
    Woop!
    Sounds great!
    Like Roger de Flors' Cataln Company in the 14th century etc.??

Subuatai de Bodemloze's Avatar No rest for the wicked
    50 degrees, 26.2 minutes North, 119 degrees, 12.4 minutes West

With every post from one the team I feel more and more confidant in this mod becoming something I would (if I had the skill & time) make for myself...

Quote Originally Posted by Basil 11 View Post
    Woop!
    Sounds great!
    Like Roger de Flors' Cataln Company in the 14th century etc.??
    Yep. And - of course - tough English mercenaries with longbows and all - like those commanded by Sir John Hawkwood.

sounds promising

All hayle Hross, and the One True Mod!!!
    One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten the wolves.
    -Machiavelli