Thread: Any possibility for more Rebel settlements at start?

Default Any possibility for more Rebel settlements at start?

Hi

just started playing this mod and so far i like it ( always loved 0.50 years per turn) , one thing i would probably change tho is to have more rebel settlements around at the start like the original M2TW, so faction are chasing after new regions instead of already having them.

Default Re: Any possibility for more Rebel settlements at start?

ye,i hate playing with lots of regions in the start
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Default Re: Any possibility for more Rebel settlements at start?

Think of this mod more like the Kingdoms campaigns than the original grand campaign. There are a lot more settlements occupied at the start by each faction in 1180 AD. However there are still a few rebel regions in all parts of the map.

Also settlements are a lot better developed like in Kingdoms. Personally I don't see why other mods stick to the same tired formula of "most regions being rebel at the start". I find this boring and didn't want my mod to be just about trying to get more rebel settlements than the AI early on.. Also the AI cannot expand or build its settlments up as well as a human can, so this levels things out. Would you prefer for instance to have a faction like Lithuania start off with 1 region? No, most factions in this mod start off in control of an area of map which is fairly historical. Anyway I definately will not be changing the map and adding more rebel regions, sorry. But this should be quite easy for most people to mod themselves.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; June 16, 2008 at 05:07 PM.