Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom of Kartli (Caucasian Iberia), discussion for adding in next version of RS

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

Default Re: Kingdom of Kartli (Caucasian Iberia), discussion for adding in next version of RS

but remember start date = 218BC
    ok, I will change some little info about faction leader at 218 BC.

Mulattothrasher's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Kingdom of Kartli (Caucasian Iberia), discussion for adding in next version of RS

+1 rep for you my friend!

I love the info that you have presented from an otherwise little know area of the ancient world Great stuff, and when I learn from a historical post like this its a good thing and much appreciated. Again, well done!

DR. Hobo. PHD.'s Avatar Campidoctor

plus rep from me to.
    as an eastern faction whore, id push for this in the devs of course for any eastern swap faction lol

Hello Gentlmen!
    I was pleased to know that finally Georgian Kingdom will appear in TW. It is time! the role of georgians in politics of Near and Middle East was overlooked by creators of original game.
    But there are few things that really upset me. Why I see pictures of georgian armed forces and they look anything but Georgian. Dear friends please do more reaserch. Georgian troops were very distinctive and in majority did not look like Byzantine solders. Of course there were kings units that were fasioned in Byzantine and Eastern manner. But do not forget that most of Georgian army were peoples militia,that dressed in national manner.
    They used distinctive way of fighting, armor,weapon. And please do not forget the role of Abkhazians and Swanians in 11 -13 centuries.
    Please do more reaserch, we should be true to history and our ancestors, lets not turn them into Byzantinians or Franks. I belive our culture was strong enaugh and distinctive enaugh and finally worthy of being reflected in modern computer game,
    Best to all!

Vakhtang

yeah this is a mod set a good thousand years before what you are talking about

Arnspac's Avatar Miss You Calvin

Some very thorough and interesting work .
    Cu mândrie, under the Patronage of leif_erikson

There is no disease I spit on more than treachery.

woahwoahwoah - right, Iberia as a swap faction, fine, that'll do nicely! your info on this is much appreciated!
    however, where the feck did this stuff about Georgia come from?!
    'Ecce, Roma Surrectum!' Beta Tester and Historian
    Under the proud patronage of MarcusTullius

Hey Tadz, good to see you here mate! Great info!

rory--Iberia is an early form of Georgia, take a look at the wiki. Though that post still confuses me.

vakhtang, many Medieval 2 mods have Georgia, notably Broken Cresent. Have a look and give them your input, I'm sure they'll appreciate it!

wow, someone done their homework. I'd like to play your faction ,sounds challenging being sourrounded

icydawgfish's Avatar Campidoctor

Wow, I'm impressed. I didn't have time to read it but I'll come back to it tomorrow when I'm a bit more coherent (well, it is tomorrow, but when I wake up).

"I used to eat people, but now I'm full."

Hello Gentlmen!
    I was pleased to know that finally Georgian Kingdom will appear in TW. It is time! the role of georgians in politics of Near and Middle East was overlooked by creators of original game.
    But there are few things that really upset me. Why I see pictures of georgian armed forces and they look anything but Georgian. Dear friends please do more reaserch. Georgian troops were very distinctive and in majority did not look like Byzantine solders. Of course there were kings units that were fasioned in Byzantine and Eastern manner. But do not forget that most of Georgian army were peoples militia,that dressed in national manner.
    They used distinctive way of fighting, armor,weapon. And please do not forget the role of Abkhazians and Swanians in 11 -13 centuries.
    Please do more reaserch, we should be true to history and our ancestors, lets not turn them into Byzantinians or Franks. I belive our culture was strong enaugh and distinctive enaugh and finally worthy of being reflected in modern computer game,
    Best to all!

Vakhtang

gamarjoba, dzmobilo

hi,

we suggest to add Kartli (Iberia) in mod about ancient times , not medieval. today many Georgians know this forums, but when I was alone here, I have done what I can do and nobody helped me in my work, except two Georgian historians, the members of this forum - Beka and JERUSALEM.... if you have some true informations about medieval Georgian soldiers, please post them in medieval department of this forum.

now we need informations, descriptions of ancient Iberian (Kartlian) units, can you help me ?

Takverely's Avatar Biarchus

these are ancient Georgian axes.
    Last edited by Takverely; June 15, 2008 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadzreuli View Post
    now we need informations, descriptions of ancient Iberian (Kartlian) units, can you help me ?

Gagimarjos kartvelo dzmao!

Will be my honor to help you brother!
    I know how it feels to work alone without support.Give me time. I will be back to new york in a week, and will go throug my library. I can help with manner of dress and weapon. what time period you are looking for. Greco-Persian wars or Imperial rome? And why only Iberia! what about Kolchian states? of course they became Roman clients states at later period, but yet were very strongly presented and kept Rome aware.
    By the way, recentley,in Columbia University,New York there was a international conference on researches in Vani. david Bround was there( the author of " Georgia in antiquity"), Michel Vickers and many others. impresive researhes, interesting theories and great discussions. Sakartvelos gaumargos!

P.S.
    I want to brag a bit about ancient Georgians and their martial quolities. Allow me please!
    As some of you might know, roman Cassius Dio wrote in his work about Georgian King Parsman and his men, visiting Rome (invitation by Hadrian’s successor, Emperor Antoninus Pius) and performing in Coliseum and impressing romans to the point that Romans had his equestrian statue placed in the Temple, place of Mars worshiping. Only persons of divine nature like emperors were suppose to have equestrian statues. All others, usualy - on foot.

Anything you can give us we can use.

Just remember that Roma Surrectum 2 starts in 216 BCE.
    Go Minerwars Go! A 6DOF game of space mining and shooting. SAKA Co-FC, Koinon Hellenon FC, Epeiros FC. RS Hellenistic Historian K.I.S.S.

It's an interesting idea, but I think there are several more important candidates for Swap factions that would have to be created before these guys...

[FONT='Arial Rounded MT Bold','sans-serif']Second thought Gentlmen![/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Rounded MT Bold','sans-serif']Iberian Kingdom should not be a faction in the game, that could expand like any other faction. Historically Caucasians never wanted to expand their territories and never made an attempts . They were extensively participating in wars of the regions, but only as allies or mercenaries. Expansion would not be historically correct process. On the other hand to underestimate Caucasian “wall” is not wise. No one could pass through without becoming an allies of Georgia or wasting enormous efforts and human recourses.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Rounded MT Bold','sans-serif']Could it be different kind of faction in the game?[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Rounded MT Bold','sans-serif']What are your thoughts on this matter, gentlemen? [/FONT]

I can help with manner of dress and weapon. what time period you are looking for. Greco-Persian wars or Imperial rome?
    I looking for imperial rome period , III c. BC-III c. AD...

can you give me detailed descriptions of ancient Georgian warriors and military culture? I will make some sketches of units.

P.S.

please read my PM to you...

Beka's Avatar Tiro

It would be grate if you added kartli in the mod it would add a lot of balance to it

i see.... because the mod is terminally unbalanced right now?
    'Ecce, Roma Surrectum!' Beta Tester and Historian
    Under the proud patronage of MarcusTullius

glad to see you Tadzreuli . my favor kings of Iberia are - Parnavaz I and Parsman II the Brave !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharsman_II_of_Iberia

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast