Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kingdom of Kartli (Caucasian Iberia), discussion for adding in next version of RS

Default Re: Kingdom of Kartli (Caucasian Iberia), discussion for adding in next version of RS

Just working some Caucasian Iberian units into a free peoples pseudo-faction at the moment.

We'll certainly be getting a fair few of the suggested units in although not necessarily using these exact weapons.
    Last edited by tone; July 18, 2008 at 04:15 AM.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Default Re: Kingdom of Kartli (Caucasian Iberia), discussion for adding in next version of RS

Surely if people want to really see this then it could be created as a mod for a swap faction?
    Para Todos Todo, Para Nosotros Nada. - Subcommandante Marcos
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain

Well, we've just made that a whole lot easier!

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

you have? I skipped most of this thread and with RL getting in the way i've lost track of RS and RS related developments
    Para Todos Todo, Para Nosotros Nada. - Subcommandante Marcos
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain

Just saying that quite a few Caucasian Iberian units are going to be in there as some local opposition to Armenia, Pontus and I guess the Seleucids.

Blackshamrock.'s Avatar Campidoctor

Its an intresting idea, But I can bearley keep up with rs 2 never mine rs ibera. But m8 well done hope it all works out.

Hello

Model of the horse chariot; discovered in the village Gokhebi, Dedoplistkaro district, Kakheti; Bronze; Date – 7th-6th cc. B.C.; Archaeologist K. Pitskhelauri;

Rhython with the figures of warriors;discovered in the village Gomi, Onidistrict, Racha; Silver; Date –1stc. B.C. -1stc.A.D.; G.Bochorishvili; Preserved in KutaisiState Historical Museum.

Last edited by daraca; October 16, 2010 at 11:45 AM.

Borjomi region of the Iron Age in the utilization of a wide _ B.C. VIII-VII cc

Last edited by daraca; October 16, 2010 at 11:59 AM.

Hello

You really should add this faction-Will be more interesting and historical.

Here arms from south-east Georgia IV-III B.C. Spear and Axe.

</h1>
    Last edited by daraca; October 17, 2010 at 03:56 AM.

Here are warriors images from The royal palase of the I century BC-I century AD at Dedoplis Gora.
    1.--- Horoli cavalry – medium, javelin+sword 2--- horse archers – light, with Compound bow.

Last edited by daraca; October 17, 2010 at 03:56 AM.

Little Archaeology

The fragment of standard;discovered in the village Stepantsminda, Kazbegi distrtict; Bronze; Date- 5th c. B.C.; Archaeologist E. Takaishvili; Preserved in the National Museum of Georgia.

Rython; discovered in the rich burial of Tsabla-gele, village Mtisdziri,Vani district; Silver; Date – 4thc. B.C.; Reconstruction of archaeologist
    G. Gamkrelidze; Preserved in Ot. Lordkipanidze Vani Archaeological museum (National Museum of Georgia).

Stella of Medea, discovered in Sokhumi bay, Mouth of r. Besleti; White marble; Date- 4th-5th cc. B.C.; casual underwater find; Preserved in Sokhumi Regional museum.

Ring; discovered in Vani city-site, burial № 22; Gold; Date – 4thc. B.C.;
    Archaeologist D. Kacharava; Preserved in National Museum of Georgia.

Tubular adornments; discovered in
    Vani city-site, burial № 24; Gold; Date
    – 4thc. B.C.; Archaeologist D.Kacharava; Preserved in the National Museum
    of Georgia.

Pendant with a portrait of a man; discovered in the village Kldeeti richburial №6; Zestaponi district, Imereti; Gold, Cornelian; Date - 2nd- 3rdcc. A.D.; Archaeologist G. Lomtatidze; Preserved in the National Museum of Georgia.

Aadornment-pendant `solar symbol~; discovered in the village Sadzeguri, Akhalgori district; Gold; Date- 4thc. B.C.; Archaeologist E. Takaishvili; Preserved in the National Museum of Georgia.

Figurine of Gryphon; discovered in therich burial of village Zguderi, Kareli district, Shida Kartli; Bronze; Date - 3rdc.A.D.;Archaeologist G.Nemsadze; Preserved in the National Museum of Georgia.

Pendant with a statuette of sheep’s head; discovered in Mtskheta,Armaziskhevi burial № 7; Gold, Amethyst; Date – 2ndc. A.D.; Archaeologist
    Al.Kalandadze; Preserved in the National Museum of Georgia.

Bracelet; discovered in Mtskheta, Armaziskhevi burial; Gold, Jet; Date- 3rdc.
    A.D; Archaeologist A.Apakidze; Preserved in the National Museum of Georgia.

The Statue of Ariadne; discovered in the village Sarkine, in the assemblage of structural remains of `Grdzeli mindvrebi“; Reddish – brownish terracotta; Date – 1st c. A.D.; Archaeologist Al. Bokhochadze; Preserved in the National Museum of Georgia.

The figurine of leopard; discovered in Mtskheta, Samtavro field; Bronze;Date – 1st c. A.D.; Archaeologist Al. Kalandadze; Preserved in the National Museum of Georgia.

Last edited by daraca; October 18, 2010 at 03:46 AM.

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Ehhh the mods already released doc. This will not be added and yas you can see youve bumped a two year old thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

HHH....Just for information

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Seeing as RS2 is out, I doubt there will be any more updates made to RS.

BENDELIANI's Avatar Foederatus

in that time there were several kingdoms of Georgian tribes for example Kingdom of Diauehi (tribal union of Georgians) XII-VII BC, iberia... for details see links
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diauehi
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_Iberia

Kingdom of Colchis VI-II BC.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colchis
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazica

and caucasian Kingdom of Albania
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_Albania

caucasian maps in that time
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:An...nscaucasia.jpg
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ib...-cellarius.jpg
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ge...-150BC)-en.svg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ge...-150BC)-en.svg

Kingdom of Colchis and Iberia 600-150 BC

infantry

1. eastern infantry – light spearmen
    2. hillmen - light
    3. Iberian spearmen – medium spearmen
    4. Horoli infantry – medium, javelin+sword
    5. Colchian axemen – heavy armoured infantry
    6. Armazi guard – heavy spearmen+mace

*Horoli > pillum, javelin

cavalry

1. eastern horse archers – light
    2. Iberian cavalry – medium, lancers + sword + javelin
    3. Iberian Nobles - heavy, bow+mace+lance, half barded horse
    4. Royal guard, Katafracts – heavy, mace+bow, heavy armoured horse
    5. Iberian chariots – heavy, soldiers with horoli ( javelin ) or bow + short swords and lance

missile

1. slingers - light
    2. eastern archers – light
    3. hunters of Dali – heavy, bow+axe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123