Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ROP v2.22 patch

Default ROP v2.22 patch

ROP v2.22 Patch
    This patch for ROP v2.2 comes with many balancing improvements, especially on the battle map, an improved AutoResolve calculation, as well as many other balancing changes, bug fixes and general improvements in the mod.

Install Instructions
    -Download and install ROP v2.2 to the root of a clean, unmodded RTW 1.5 installation (for example “C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome – Total War”)
    -Download and install ROP v2.22 to the same root RTW 1.5 folder
    -If you have experienced battle CTDs just during or after entering the battle map, install the optional bugfix too
    -Play ROP through the shortcut placed on your desktop

Note: ROP is modfoldered since v2.2. Therefore no original game files will be overwritten
    Note2: The v2.22 patch is not compatible with savegames of earlier versions.
    Note3: The v2.21 hotfix is included in this patch, you don't need to install separately

Special Thanks:
    FATW team (research on balancing)
    DaVinci
    Uranos
    TW Community

ROP v2.22 Changelog
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Bug Fixes
    -Fixed a typo in the names files
    -Fixed the loading screen faction icons correctly now
    -Fixed typos and grammatical errors in traits, campaign descriptions and unit descriptions
    -Fixed possible CTD cause in character traits file. Has to be tested if this fixes all trait-related errors..
    -Fixed rebel factions in Lydia - they now spawn lydian units rather than greek ones
    -Fixed spear position in Makedonian Aspiditai and Kemet Greek Merc Hoplites

Battle map Balance
    -Reviewed all discipline and training levels
    -Reviewed 'sound when hit' tags (flesh/leather/metal)
    -Added prec+ap to most of the peltast//marine units
    -Less ammo for all missile units
    -Spear attribute replaced by light_spear attribute to overcome the absurd pushing strength of hoplites.
    -Increased mass of hoplites slightly to give them a little bit of pushing power
    -Skeleton Correction Factors filled in to correct for melee infantry skeleton ill-balance. Thanks to FATW research!
    -Rebalanced attack/defense/armour/morale/cost stats for more or less all units (especially hoplites improved significantly)

Campaign Balance and General Improvements
    -Road route improvements by changing fords and region border locations
    -Tuned down trade value of resources on campaign map significantly, to fit 4tpy mod
    -Increased the construction times of all buildings
    -Disabled the stables and archery range buildings completely
    -Disabled Paved roads for most factions, it now represents the Persian Royal Road from Susa to Sardis. Highway level completely disabled
    -Auto-Calc feature improved significantly by using the stat_health factors to our advantage. Thanks to FATW research!
    -Reviewed the mercenaries that can be hired on the map - costs make sense now
    -Took out all advice threads - only the 4tpy trigger is still there
    -New Radar Maps in campaign map mode
    Last edited by Nero666; July 23, 2008 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Installer Updated
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

decimator22's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: ROP v2.22 patch

I will download it once i finish my short campgain as the athenians.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Great, sounds good ... will dl and try it soon
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

There was a small issue with the installer - fixed it and uploaded the correct installer now: http://www.riseofpersia.com/downloads/ROP2_22b.exe

Lead developer of:

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

I just read the read-me, and they're is something funny: why do you all call your team FATW? shouldn't it be ROPTW?:hmmm:

That's in the Special Thanks for a reason - they did some awesome research on unit balancing which is posted at totalwar.org (didn't check here). On this I based lots of the changes made in patch 2.22

Lead developer of:

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

I've seen the game-it has indeed improved dramatically. thanks!

Thx for the honourary mention and the confirmation of the balance system's effectiveness. It's great to see more mods using it as well and being happy with it.

FINALLY
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

1 little question.

i played as the saba(arabians)
    if a look to the map of the arabian peninsula

i think there are two city's with the wrong names
    it is the other way around:
    see for yourself:
    click on it for enlargment:
    Last edited by al-charif; June 26, 2008 at 04:55 AM.
    MY PEOPLE, MY PRIDE, MY DESTINY:
    IMAZIGHEN - The Free Nation.
    life Free or die fighting for it.

Actually, Maka is not the same as Mecca - it is the name of a satrapy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maka_%28satrapy%29

Where the name Kana comes from I can't tell right now - will have to dig a little deeper in the sources.

Lead developer of:

o oke i just never heard of kana.

but as a muslim i can tell you that mecca was there since the time of abraham.

and that was before babylon.
    and in the beginning makkah was called ''Bakkah''.
    meaning weeping or crying.

Makkah In The Scriptures

The Qur'ân talks about Bakkah (the older name of Makkah) being the first house of worship appointed for mankind. It also addresses this place as Umm ul-Qurâ i.e., Mother of the Settlements.

Verily, the first House (of worship) appointed for mankind was that at Bakkah (Makkah), full of blessing, and a guidance for Al-'Alamin . In it are manifest signs (for example), the Maqam of Ibrahim whosoever enters it, he attains security. And Hajj to the House is a duty that mankind owes to Allah, those who can afford the expenses (for one's conveyance, provision and residence); and whoever disbelieves, then Allah stands not in need of any of the 'Alamin (mankind and jinns). [Qur'ân 3:96-97]

so if you don't care, could you tell me where i can change city names.
    please

You can change if you want - it's in the [install dir]\ROP\Data\text\imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt file.
    In that file, do NOT change the part inside the brackets {} as this will break the game - but you can change the part behind it. Just find the cities you want to rename (ctrl+f) and go ahead

Lead developer of:

Hooray!

THX

YEAH! rop rocks

2 question: 1
    Install Instructions
    -Download and install ROP v2.2 to the root of a clean, unmodded RTW 1.5 installation (for example “C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome – Total War”)
    -Download and install ROP v2.22 to the same folder u mean C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome – Total War” or rise of persia folder?

and the second the battle fix i don't know if i should istall i have never tried the rop 2.2 and then what i should do?

@1: It means the C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War folder, or whatever folder your RomeTW.exe that you use for playing ROP is inside. The patch then automatically finds the ROP subfolder inside.
    @2: If you haven't played yet then I suggest to not install the battle fix. If you do seem to experience battle crash problems later on, just reinstall the 2.22 patch but then with battle fix
    Also be sure to check out the Bug Fixes Thread in our technical help subforum (pretty new thread that is)
    Thanks for the praise btw!

Lead developer of:

Do you know if this fixed the 546 BC error?

I tried your mod a few months ago and absolutely LOVED it, but couldn't get past 546 BC without crashing to the desktop at 'End Turn.'

I stopped playing and reformatted my computer a few months ago, but I'd like to download it and try again if this problem was fixed.

If you didn't install the 2.22 patch yet, you have to do this! The game is unstable without this patch!
    If you already did and are still experiencing CTDs, I can inform you that in the current build of ROP v3 there are no CTDs and I could play until 430 BC without problems (only that my faction was wiped out in that year). Possibly I can write a small patch for ROP v2.2x that also fixes the problem there, I will have to run some tests next week for that.

Lead developer of:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast