Thread: the most annoying thing

Default the most annoying thing

when you are on a crusade, units dessert too easily I think. I had to walk from russia to Jerusalem for a crusade once. I started with full stack, by the time I get there, I had 3 units left. I just keep walking and walking. desertion did not stop.

Another time I was in a crusade against HRE. So many other fractions had armies around that one settlement that my armies could nto get close. As a result, my armies where standing there around the settlement with soldiers deserting every single turn. that was SO annoying since I had some of my most experienced units there, just disappearing one by one, nothing I could do.

I was wondering if it is possible to mod it so that desertion is not as common and that once you are inside the territory of the targeting settlement, desertion stops? because I think realistically, if there are forts in the targeted settlement, you might want to consider taken them first before attacked the actual settlement. Just like richard the lion heart did not just attack Jerusalem blindly, he attacked all the settlements along the way to create some foothold in the region. in this game, if you spend just 2 to 3 turns without getting closer to your target, you lose units REALLY fast

Default Re: the most annoying thing

I agree, crusading armies do disband a little to fast. Also I will try to increase the distance at which "armies to do not disband when near to the target".

However it is important to the crusade mechanic that armies do desert when they are not going towards the Pope's target. Otherwise it would be easy to exploit and would allow you to have armies going round without upkeep costs.

Dave