Thread: Windows XP Clean Install

I wanted to know how to use the Windows XP installation CD, I want to perform a clean install, but I don't know how to use the CD. Can someone help me, please.
    Death Before Dishonor

No, that isn't a banana

first of all make sure everything you dont want erased is either burned to a disc, or copied to another drive. also ensure you have all of the necessary dirver discs for you mobo.
    then just pop the disc in and it should give you the option to install windows - or you may have to "boot up" from the disc. if thats the case, out the disc in and reboot. make sure to go into your BIOS to change the first boot device to your CD ROM.

once thats done, just follow the instructions. make sure you reformat the original drive that windows was on for a clean install. choose the NTFS patition and away you go.

there are webistes that offer a step by step process that may be of more detailed assistance.

You should however get an option to backup some files (ms word ones for example and others in 'my documents folders&#39, even on swapping file formats (eg from FAT32 to NTFS).

Finding these files after the installation can be fun however (by fun I mean extremely annoying).

I don't really have any important files that need to be burned to a cd. I just don't know what to do once I get into the Windows Setup screen.
    Death Before Dishonor

No, that isn't a banana

here chuck - this link should help you. let us knwo if you still ahve some problems.

click me!!

This website looks great, thanx OTZ, I'll try it out.
    Death Before Dishonor

Ok, can someone explain what I have to do to the partitions, because I am lost when I get to this point. I don't know if I should delete them or repair them or what.
    Death Before Dishonor

Ok, i think I know what I am doing now, I should delete the original NTFS partition and create a new one, and then install windows on top of the new partition, please reply if I am right. And do I use the Fat32 or NTFS file system.
    Death Before Dishonor

No, that isn't a banana

well you dont necessarily want to delete the partition - just reformat the one you had windows on before. but if you do delete the partition (it really doesnt matter) make sure its in NTFS. always remember no FAT! NTFS is te optimum choice for your average computer user.