Thread: Sword missing

Default Sword missing

Some centurion models doesn't show the sword in hand during battle, do you know why?
    Tito Labieno
    - Legatum Propraetore -
    "De Labieni mira virtute victoriaque" - De Bello Gallico LIBER SEPTIMUS LXII.

Default Re: Sword missing

Check your DMB and EDU files to ensure that you haven't inadvertently given the centurion models or units an incorrect skeleton or abilities that they should not have such a spear or the ability to throw javelins/pila. This is usually the cause.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

It's actually an RTW bug, and nothing can be done about it, it has to do with how the game handles officers.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

-Aquila-'s Avatar Campidoctor

I find it funny, it makes it look like the officers are punching them to death.

YATS - Quintus Licinius Cato [31], Plebeian Senator

Thanx for the answers, but no chance at all to correct this big-bug?
    Tito Labieno
    - Legatum Propraetore -
    "De Labieni mira virtute victoriaque" - De Bello Gallico LIBER SEPTIMUS LXII.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    It's actually an RTW bug, and nothing can be done about it, it has to do with how the game handles officers.
    I repeat.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Is it something that was fixed in any subsequent patches because I have swords for centurions in my game? The below link shows a screenie. Look on the far right at the guy with the white horizontal crest.
    http://img112.imageshack.us/my.php?i...1134727fk1.jpg

I've also had compatibility problems when modding that have caused this. Notably, trying to modify a model/skin with a lorica manica (arm armour) to throw javelins. Adding this ability caused their sword to disappear. Removed it and presto! Swords returned.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Notice the op said some centurion models mainly those with a standard will not have their swords once they put their standard away. As I've said twice (now three times) this is an rtw bug and nothing we can do about it.