Thread: Some suggestions.

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

Default Some suggestions.

I installed Rios FD with BRG yesterday, and first off, Brilliant mod! When I loaded up my first campaign I took one wide eyed look at the campaign map and uttered 'Brilliant' out loud. I particularly love Britain, its as if you took Arthurian Total war and ported it into IBFD! Great stuff, truly excellent. However there are one or two problems that I think ought to be adressed... First of which, is Why do the faction logos still look like the vanilla ones? Petty, I know, but its a little distracting... Also theres a skinning error with the Sai cavalry (sp?) as they have invisible spear shafts, and their helmets are a bit buggy. Also, why are the carpathian mountains in a swirly shape on the campaign map?

None of these are a big deal, except for the cavalry perhaps, but I jus thought I'd make my opinion known.

P.S great job with the saxons!

Default Re: Some suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle_Bombs View Post
    I installed Rios FD with BRG yesterday, and first off, Brilliant mod! When I loaded up my first campaign I took one wide eyed look at the campaign map and uttered 'Brilliant' out loud. I particularly love Britain, its as if you took Arthurian Total war and ported it into IBFD! Great stuff, truly excellent. However there are one or two problems that I think ought to be adressed... First of which, is Why do the faction logos still look like the vanilla ones? Petty, I know, but its a little distracting... Also theres a skinning error with the Sai cavalry (sp?) as they have invisible spear shafts, and their helmets are a bit buggy. Also, why are the carpathian mountains in a swirly shape on the campaign map?

None of these are a big deal, except for the cavalry perhaps, but I jus thought I'd make my opinion known.

P.S great job with the saxons!
    Thanks Jingle_Bombs,

I appreciate the feed back very much. faction logos that run across the screen after a turn I kept just for some sort of nostalgia creativity but I will most likely change it to the newer ones next time.

:hmmm: the skinning error I' m not aware of..I did check out how they appeared in battles before loading the mod but I'll check it out again and see.

ArthurianTW Agraes, and team I'm so very thankful for allowing me to use their units and portraits(Viking invasion ones) adds some exotic but very real 5th century Britain

Love this map but it does require some attention, carpathian mountains city locations and a few other areas will need further attention. One of my next tasks with any upgrades

Feel free to point out anything Jingle_Bombs because I'll need to know what to better...Thanks again

Edit: just to point out the economics is set up a bit different on the British Isles...Its to compensate for the extra provinces there, win conditions can simply mean conquering the isles islands only with most factions starting off there. Even mainland invading factions will suffer if they try to take hold of it. This was a real hoo waaah to do but I'm happy now with it.
    Last edited by Riothamus; June 11, 2008 at 12:09 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

I think the cavalry skinning glitch might only be specific to the smaller Romano British faction. But, yeah. Great mod, I'm gearing myself up to doing an AAR for it as soon as my RM one is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle_Bombs View Post
    Great mod, I'm gearing myself up to doing an AAR for it as soon as my RM one is finished.
    Honored

Hound of Ulster's Avatar Senator

A rise of Islam campaign would utterly rock (ask the Rise of Persia team if you can use thier map). A mini-campaign around the Byzantine-Persian war of 602-622 could also be really cool.
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Killing is Negotiating' A militiaman in 'Blackhawk Down'

Quote Originally Posted by Hound of Ulster View Post
    A rise of Islam campaign would utterly rock (ask the Rise of Persia team if you can use thier map). A mini-campaign around the Byzantine-Persian war of 602-622 could also be really cool.
    It would be but cant focus on something like that ...not for sometime