Thread: How do u turn Levy off in campaign?

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

Default How do u turn Levy off in campaign?

Every time they besiege me, or i besiege a city, the city is filled up with levy archers and spearmen, which are not disbanded after the battle. Can someone tell me how to remove that feature?

Default Re: How do u turn Levy off in campaign?

You would have to delete the garrison script section out of the campaign_script.txt.

I wouldn't advice this, as the campaign is balanced to account for the levies.

The levy spawning for the human player is intended to make up for the AOR system, which was not fully implemented in 2.5. As the human player, you will need these spawned levies in the regions where you are unable to recruit units.

The next release of SV features an AI only garrison script, and an enhanced Feudalism (AOR) building line.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

Oh i see. Well i dont have a problem, i can just recruit in my aor and send them to travel to a distant settlement. Just tell me which parts i have to delete from campaign_script.txt

Make a copy of the campaign_script.txt before you edit it, so you can switch back when it gets too easy

You should see a table of contents at the top of the file, this can be your guide.

Just delete the entire garrison script section of the script.

I believe the start and end should be clearly marked.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)

Yeah it was.....just did it.....and its not easy anymore.

The battles are much more satisfying with the script.

Hmmm...not when u have a bunch of unwanted levy units, spoil ur army composition. Still, now is harder.

Quote Originally Posted by ComnenusTheOne View Post
    Hmmm...not when u have a bunch of unwanted levy units, spoil ur army composition. Still, now is harder.
    You can just disband them, when you are done with them

Arn's Avatar Sponge worthy

oh crap, I just uninstalled the mod since I dint like that feature... gotta dl it again xD

I dont know, I seem to like this feature. Never could understand why the locals would not take up arms to to defend home and hearth in vanilla mtw2.

Quote Originally Posted by phatguy View Post
    I dont know, I seem to like this feature. Never could understand why the locals would not take up arms to to defend home and hearth in vanilla mtw2.
    Theoretically is possibly, but i feel that i wouldnt pick up arms, me, untrained 19 years old, to defend against a hardened veteran who would do short work off me.

actually, you probably would... Remember the population which was available would not be just sissy city folk but farmer types too. Not any stretch of the imagination to picture a farmer exchanging a scythe for a spear or even using scythe in combat. Even city folk would be more tough than the run of the mill city slicker from modern days.

Actually, in the real Sicilan Vespers rebellion, the Sicilian people rose up and exterminated or expelled the flower of French Chivalry

The nobility joined in soon afterwards....but the initial success shows that the lower classes could fight.