1) Riga, ruled by Archbishop Albert von Buxhoeveden - Western culture
2) Livonian Order, ruled by Master Wenno von Rohrbach - Western culture
3) Tholowa (Tālava), ruled by Prince Thalibaldus (Tālivaldis) - Baltic culture
4) Sweden, ruled by King Johan Sverkersson - Western culture
5) Denmark, ruled by King Valdemar II the Conqueror (emerging) - Western culture
19) Gotland, ruled by Jarl N/A - Western culture
6) Gercike (Jersika), ruled by Prince Wissewalde (Visvaldis) - Baltic culture
7) Pskov, ruled by Pince Vladimir Mstislavich - Russian culture
8) Polotsk, ruled by Pince Vladimir - Russian culture
9) Moscow, ruled by Grand Prince Ivan III (emerging) - Russian culture
10) Semigallia (Zemgale), ruled by High King Vesthardus (Viesturs) - Baltic culture
11) Couronia (Kursa), ruled by High King Lammechinus (Lameķis) - Baltic culture
12) Selonia (Sēlija), ruled by High King N/A - Baltic culture
13) Saccalia (Sakala), ruled by Elder Lembitu - Finnic culture
14) Osilia (Saaremaa), ruled by Elder Ylle - Finnic culture
15) Vironia (Virumaa), ruled by Elder Kyriavanus - Finnic culture
16) Lithuania (Lietuva), ruled by Duke Daugeruthe (Daugirutis) - Baltic culture
17) Samogitia (Žemaitija), ruled by Duke Vykintas - Baltic culture
20) Rotalia (Laanemaa), ruled by Elder N/A - Finnic culture
21) Haria (Harjumaa), ruled by Elder N/A - Finnic culture
Some of major events:
1219 Danes are starting their crusading campaign in Baltics (Denmark emerges at Tallin/Lyndanisse)
1220 Swedes are starting their crusading campaign in Baltics (spawns Swedish army at Lihula)
1230 Monk Balduin offers to Couronians to become christians under direct protection of Pope (Couronia have option to become Catholic)
1236 A extraordinary large crusader army from Germany arrives led by Theodor von Haseldorf and Heinrich von Dannenberg (spawns Order army composed from crusaders at Riga)
1241 Alexander Nevsky with Novgorodian army arrives to defend Western frontiers of Orthodox world (spawns Pskovian army)
1279 Semigallian uprising led by Semigallian warlord Nameise/Namejs (spawns Semigallian army)
1343 St.George’s Night Uprising led by Osilian High King Vesse (one known from many uprising High Kings) and supported by Swedish troops led by bailiff of Abo Dan Nilsson (spawns Swedish army with a lot of Finnic culture units and generals)
1501 Moscovites invades Livonia (Moscow emerges)
Credits to (sofare):
Stainless Steel mod and its community for warming up
Vorge for Mapping Essentials
alpaca for M2TW stripped down mod folder
Xerces for How to add region guide
Last edited by Osiiic; August 26, 2008 at 08:00 PM.
Sweet idea, I like your idea of a small and very detailed map size. Will there be the teutonic knights though?
The scale of this game will be 1:1 to real history - that's bonus of small map. If you are recruiting unit of 75 spearmen you are really recruiting unit of 75 spearmen - not symbolic unit that will represent 7'500 spearmen
There will be faction called Lovonian Order (2) - it will represent Livonian Brothers of the Sword (1202-1236) and after its reformation - the Livonian Order (1236-1561). Livonian Order was subject (with their own Master) of Teutonic Order.
1) Riga, ruled by Archbishop Albert von Buxhoeveden
2) Livonian Order, ruled by Master Wenno von Rohrbach
3) Tholowa (Tālava), ruled by Prince Thalibaldus (Tālivaldis)
4) Sweden, ruled by King Johan Sverkersson
5) Denmark, ruled by King Valdemar II the Conqueror (emerging)
My words become true in a battle
Member: The Frontier, The Great Conflics
As I mentioned above (#4) - there never was Teutonic Order in Liovonia. Teutonic Order was acting only in Prussia. In Livonia was Livonian Order (faction 2 on my list) - subject of Teutonic Order. But take it easy - Livonian Order had +/- the same structure and insignia as Teutonic order had.
Cool idea This level of detail will add a lot to the campaign . Also, if you're successful in creating lots of new units for the various factions, you might think of lending stuff out to other mods - this area of the map is often neglected.
You should add Novgorod faction too, maybe as emerging.
Situation with Novgorod/Pskov is the same as with Teutonic Order/Livonian Order. Novgorod Republic will be presented by its local subject – Pskov. There will be spawning army led by Alexander Nevsky though.
Originally Posted by Dansk viking
Very nice! I could help you if you need any help with the scandinavian factions...?
Thanks! I will send PM to you, when it will be necessery.