Thread: Historical Battles?

The Count(er)'s Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Historical Battles?

this just occured to me that this has not been discussed so what do you think should they be implimented and if so what battles should be done
    will there be the battle of all races against barney?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaigidel View Post
    everyone but me is wrong.
    Ego's are fun

Default Re: Historical Battles?

If it adds to the time it takes to make the mod (which it seems like it would) then meh. I am really not much of a history buff but it would be pretty cool if there were some historical battles (with accurate troop numbers and the like).

Isengard Fan

Historical Battles i would like to see:
    Battle at Mordor (the one at the beginning of the first movie)
    Siege of Helms Deep
    Siege of Minas Tirith

Adding to the list:

Battle of the Field of Celebrant (2510TA): the first battle the Rohirrim came to the aid of Gondor; fought between them and men of Rhun. This battle led directly to the establishment of Rohan.

Battle of the Five Armies (2941TA): Men, Elves, Dwarves, Goblins, Eagles, and good times for all.

Battle of Morannon (3019TA): The final gamble of the West, fought to ensure Frodo arrived safely at Mount Doom.

Battle of Dale (3019TA): Fought at the same time as the siege of Minas Tirith. An army of Easterlings overran the town, forcing King Brand and the inhabitants of the town to retreat to Erebor. It seems that very little is known about the details of this battle, so this may be an opportunity to have some fun.
    Multiplayer Name: Epinephrine

Glorfindel's Avatar Centenarius

pelenor fields
    Glorfindel, the Lord of the House of the Golden Flower

...Glorfindel was tall and straight, his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy, his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music, on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was strength...

... the Elven-wise, lords of the Eldar from beyond the furthest seas. They do not fear the Ringwraiths, for those who have dwelt in the Blessed Realm live at once in both worlds, and against both the Seen and the Unseen they have great power...

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Last Alliance, Battle for Barad-dur, The Fords of Isen, Seige of Minas Tirith.

The Big Red 1's Avatar Primicerius

Scouring of the Shire.
    HONEY I AM HOME

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

I'd love to fight the Battle of Dale. The War in the North is so underrated, it makes me cry myself to sleep

The Scourging of the Shire would be a good one to play. Especially if they got the terrian right and custom buildings were eventually added.

Battle for Barad-dur
    Never heard of that one. Can you describe it?

Glorfindel's Avatar Centenarius

^ maybe he means the battle outside the Black Gate at the Return of the Barney...uuuummm...the King i meant
    Glorfindel, the Lord of the House of the Golden Flower

...Glorfindel was tall and straight, his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy, his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music, on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was strength...

... the Elven-wise, lords of the Eldar from beyond the furthest seas. They do not fear the Ringwraiths, for those who have dwelt in the Blessed Realm live at once in both worlds, and against both the Seen and the Unseen they have great power...

The Big Red 1's Avatar Primicerius

Maybe in the battle of the last alliance when the armies finally reached Barad Dur.
    HONEY I AM HOME

I say cleansing of the shire I want to punch some people in their pimply face

Yes there will be Historical battles in the first release, but only a few, then we will keep adding on in future releases.

Thread Closed

Issue Resolved
    Son of _Pontifex_Father to Mithrandir
    - Citizen, Artifex, Civitate - Librarian

Third Age: Total War - Most Promising Mod of 2008
    2D Graphical Artist & Moderator