Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Parthicus/Africanus (II)

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Parthicus/Africanus

Congratulations Labienus you must be very proud of your son!

As well I would like to announce my absense from the senate for a few days my ill father has recently died and I must see his funeral processions goes well. I shall be having his funeral in a few weeks.

ooc:in rl i have to go to my dads wedding. I will be back on sun june 22 so ill vote then. Roma Victrix!!!
    Last edited by RVFVS; June 20, 2008 at 11:30 PM.
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Winter's Avatar Civitate

This is good news indeed from the Greek front. Perhaps we should consider bestowing Proconsular Imperium upon the young Labenius to lead the fight in Greece, seeing as no one else seems to have any suggestions...

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Servius Labienus Minor has done a magnificent job in Illyria. The Greeks have been dealt an extremely viciously blow from our Roman steel, and the greatest of work goes to their fully able commander and the veterans that fight for him. It is truly a praiseworthy achievement. Proconsular Imperium would be a fitting reward for a man who has done so much for Rome.

Also, we need to bring up reinforcements for Legio VI. 1300 men is hardly enough to be called legion, veteran though it is, and experienced beyond all others. Men should be brought up for it

Yes, yes, he's done a great job in Greece. But, how can he continue to do so without reinforcements? Will we sit idly by until they lose, and then send reinforcements? No! We must act now so he can continue to do great things. We must send reinforcements within the next 3-6 months.
    I thought about writing something clever, but then I remembered I'm not clever enough.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Senator, reinforcements from where? We've not had a comprehensive military report from the Consul in years! We've got no idea where our legions are presently stationed, what strength they are, and if we need to levy more!

We need to know what forces are available before we can commit any!

Senatores after the elections i (since there is no doubt i will be consul) will make up a list of our legions but honoustly senatore flavus is right we must send reinforcements to labienus minor. Maybe even so he can spearhead the move against the greeks.(I know i said i was gonna take a small absense but i hvae gotten my hands on my dads blackberry...lol
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

this has been said over and over again but where are we going to get reinforcements from, we don't even know where our troops are. this term hasn't been a very good one for the senate nothing has really been decided all we had is a couple of mindless arguments

Caesar Rex's Avatar Campidoctor

Seeing as most are in agreement with appointing my son with imperium I will call a motion to decide.
    At the same time while the senior consul has been north and with the help from the consular Tiberius Octavius, our legions are well on their way to be retrained and refitted.
    Many new recruits have been sourced to fill the gaps in the legios and soon we will be at full fighting strength.
    Co-Founder and Leader at Clan Dream (Multi-National Online Gaming Community)

Voice Chat @ Discord

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

This term has now ended. When the new term begins, with new consuls and new men in the higher places, perhaps we shall see some actual work done.

Caesar Rex's Avatar Campidoctor

The motion to have Servius Labienus Minor given imperium is ananimous.
    Word will be sent that he may take the offensive.
    We now need to decide on which legions he may acquire to do this.
    Co-Founder and Leader at Clan Dream (Multi-National Online Gaming Community)

Voice Chat @ Discord

We should give the Imperator all legions availiable. It is really that simple. Maybe we should even raise a few legions for him.
    Senator Marcus Licinius Crassus-Senator of Roma
    Gens Licinia

ooc: marcus it just work like that but i will ignore that post

We should make peace with some of our enemies like the gauls then...it would be beneficial.
    Gens Licinia

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Do you want to make him a King?
    No there is no need to make all our legion disposal under Labienus.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

No I said all availiable ones. That means all those that arent performing other duties! However it may be a bit more beneficial to have two commanders
    Gens Licinia

“Salve Senators,

This will be my final report as Proconsul of Africa. It has been a long, but productive term. Much building has been going on; I have done my best to relieve the congestion of the cities with housing projects and the like. I have also focused on building a small navy to patrol these waters and protect our trade routes. I have built many watchtowers around the outskirts of Lepcis Magna so that we can patrol our borders better and keep an eye on the Phoenician people. It is my belief that they represent a very small threat to the Roman Republic and peace with them might be in our best interests. No need to kick a man while he is down, so to speak. Anyhow here is the report:

I will leave for Rome as soon as I hear word of our newly elected Proconsul. One of my Legates Gaius Antonius (My auxiliary character) will remain behind and avail himself to the new Governor, if he wishes advice and the like. That is all.

Spurius Vitruvius Habitus”
    Caeso Decimus Crassus (32)

Winter's Avatar Civitate

As the proconsul would be the best judge of African issues, I hereby call a motion on whether or not to send a peace envoy to Carthage.

I: We shall send an envoy to the remains of the Carthaginian Republic with authorization to sue for peace. The envoy may offer no concessions, either in territory or money, on the part of the Roman Republic unless authorized by the Senate.

Why make peace with carthage...why not attack their lands take them and give them too the...Iberian?
    COME AND JOIN IMPERIUM!: The brand new Roman RPG that lets choose from being an average citizen to a Dictator of rome. COME AND JOIN!!

Winter's Avatar Civitate

The punics hold only a scattered few outposts in the desert, hardly worth Roman governance. As to the Iberians, they are powerful enough as it is without our intervention.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Why should Roman blood be spread, giving Iberian tribes the regions they did not
    fought fore?
    Would you fight, knowing that how good you and all your comrades did, all
    your efforts would be spend on another tribe, who gets it completely free whiteout doing as much as gladly accept the free gift?
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast