Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Parthicus/Africanus (II)

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Parthicus/Africanus

Senatore flavus let me make this clear to you the greeks are one of the greatest threats to our res publica! The gauls are as well but they are at least led by a competant leader who will reason! Years ago as senatore parthicus said we could have conquered greece...but we did nothing instead we made a ceasefire with them. Now years later we are again at war. So be it send spies and assasins. What will that do...hmm show us that there are thousands of greeks taht we still must destroy! We must act! If we do not do so when, the greeks are one of the only two nations who could possibly destroy us. The gauls could as well however as I said they will reason! As for me being a fool I say you are the fool Flavus! You must be stupit if you think the carthaginians with their tiny little bit of land and money could fight against us! As well the plebs would benefit. Greece is a large land more land meens more farms. More money meens more bread. Would you have even more plebs die protectimg Illyricum or would you have them fight for the good of the res publica?! Yes we will lose many maybe even whole legions but is that not worth ending romes arguable greatest threat! Senatore parthicus I agree with u whole heartedly and I hope that all those motions be passed!
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Gaius Julius Civilis's Avatar Senator
    Castra Ultra Traiectum - Germania Inferior

My friends, who would command the 4th legion? And where would it come from? Our consular army consists of 4 legions, but one must always stay in Italia and provide our homelands with protection. Lucius Aurelius Lepidus fought long and hard for that condition on the consular legions, we simply cannot send 4 legions to the south of Greece, let alone more.
    YOU ARE THE SENATE - SENATOR PROCVLVS IVNIVS VERVS MINOR - XXX
    PLEBEIAN

Winter's Avatar Civitate

I say that we first decide who shall get the command, then ask for a plan from that person. Surely they will be able to formulate the best plan.

ooc: I need the save to fight the rebels, whoever has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

We should start the campaign next term and try to get a ceasefire with the gauls. We should probably raise another legion if possible. I think we should send four legions two will be under the command of the consuls and two under the praetors.

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Ah, Caesar. How could I have ever doubted your motives. Of course it's for the plebs. Of course it's not about power. Of couse it's not about being able to say that Tiberivs Ivlivs Caesar was the one who made it possible to destroy the Greeks. And before you open your big, fat, war-mongering mouth, listen to what he who you would arue against has said. I said weaken them, then strike a blow. We must send legions. But not until the Greeks can't muster a force to stop us. I agree that the strike must be quick, decisive. It can't leave any room for the Greeks to counter. But that quick, decisive move cannot happen until the Greeks are weak. In terms you may understand, think of it as a stone in a river. The stone is easier to break after the river has already worn it down for years. The stone, Greece, will be easier to break if the river, our spies and assassins, has weakened it already. We must think not only of the plebs, but the soldiers. We canno "save the plebs" by killing our soldiers. I understand that the plebs are important, I'm a Populare. But I also understand what it's like to be in a battle. Have you ever been in a battle, Caesar? Ever had your friend, your fellow soldier had his head lopped of next to you, had men falling to their knees, blood gushing from the arrow wound in their chest? Seen a man trying to put his intestines back into his abdomen after it has been sliced open? I din't think so. I thought you were
    "A self promoted popularis and a wide opponent of the Prudentii and the optimas believing that wars are what the republic was built on and that slow expansion is a foolish act. That said he does'nt promote war"
    If this isn't the opposite of what you claim to be, I don't know what is. Do not ask for war. You don't even know war.
    I thought about writing something clever, but then I remembered I'm not clever enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    I say that we first decide who shall get the command, then ask for a plan from that person. Surely they will be able to formulate the best plan.
    I agree, let us ask for senators who are willing to lead the legions, and let them make a plan and present it to us.
    Then we can move on to the next step.
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Caesar Rex's Avatar Campidoctor

Many of you do not pay much atention to what is truly happening in the Republic.
    Rome does not have legions to spare.
    The consular legions are months away from being ready.
    The legions that occupy the provinces are in an even worse state.
    We must look toward our advantages.
    The most capable commanders must be used, that way we can ensure that victory will come.
    I might add that while Spurius Vitruvius was consul he managed to defeat 50000 greeks with three legions.
    Had we not been on the defensive all of Greece would be ours by now but alas he was.
    So instead of asking who wants to try their hand at defeating the Greeks, who do we recommend to lead the attack.
    It will be a long war this and I believe one commander with at least 3 quaestors should suffice.
    Let us decide this quickly while we have room to still move.
    Co-Founder and Leader at Clan Dream (Multi-National Online Gaming Community)

Voice Chat @ Discord

Senator, I do not fully understand what you are saying. You state that Rome has no legions for an invasion, yet we must appoint a man to lead these non-existing legions?
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Ah young senatore flavus let me make this very clear to you. I have seen my father, a prominate senatore during the phyrric war, come back to my house while I was anxiosly waiting to here news covered in blood. His leg was half broken of he had a large swath through his chest. Luckily he was saved by our family docter who somhow stiched him up. My brother is crippled in his left arm and can no longer pursue the military career he always dreamed of. I have served my four years required time in the service. I have fought in single combat against carhaginians! Now I do not provoke needless wars not wars that are needed i will provoke a thousand wars if it means that it protects our citizens. Let us say your brilliant spies and assasins do their jobs. IT WILL NOT MATTER! The mad king of greece will still be pumping out soldiers! As well how young flavus why would I be in this for power hmmm... am i commanding any legions. No. Am I making battle plans form a tent in illyria. NO! The plebs will suffer if we dont do somthing All the greeks have to do is break the wall that is illyria and theyre in italy then the plebs have somthing to wory about. You are not even a full roman no wonder you defend the greeks. YOU lived there HA! I love the republic...but do you. I love the plebs. My father married a pleb I as well will one day. But senatore and being that you are new you should heed my warning the republic is built on war. It always will be the greeks are a threat to THE SENATE AND THE PEOPLE OF ROME AND SHOULD BE CRUSHED!

"fostering a deep, hidden hatred for the Legionares, and favoring the plebs. Always puts on a fake love of the Legions and the Republic"
    OOC:put that in a pipe and smoke it

senators can we stop this mindless arguing all you are doing is delaying us from making a decision ok?

Caesar Rex's Avatar Campidoctor

To put it plainly Rome has no fully trained legions.
    Yes she has legions but they are almost all understrength.
    To go against the Greeks one needs to know how to use what is limited.
    There is no training camps or quick fixes in Greece.
    The commander will have to use what he has and win.
    Co-Founder and Leader at Clan Dream (Multi-National Online Gaming Community)

Voice Chat @ Discord

Caesar, since you seem to want rash plans involving full scale invasion, here is one-

We spend at least 2 years training legions and navies. Then, we push to establish a port city in Greece itself. We send our navies to blockade their ports, and have at least two ships ferrying reinforcements from Italy. Then, we send legions to Northern Greece, Eastern Greece, and South Eastern Greece. Then, when we have that under control, except the Peleponessus, we stop, retrain our legions, rest. The greeks would be crippled if they only had the Peleponessus, so we could wait until we had enough troops and supplies to make the final push. THis plan would probably never work, but niether do yours, so, we're even.
    I thought about writing something clever, but then I remembered I'm not clever enough.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Firstly how should we be able to get all that money needed to construct all
    these skips and then how should we be able to feed our legions and refit them
    for this "invasion".

Our economy is of most importans and by provoking "Great wars" you know
    should you arenīt making it better.
    Are you willing to ruin it all, all that our ancestor have build by hands
    and that for the sake of some boy lovers attempts to fight us?

If this is how the climate is in the curia as I have been informed then do I
    fully regret that I candidated for a proconsul post, this is no the senate I left
    years ago, this is not the same chamber where wise men gathered to make
    important decisions for the republic.

Marcus Aelius Triarius Senator and Proconsul in the name of the Republic and itīs people.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Flavus your plan is a good one however why would we leve the pelleponesus for last? Why not take it first? Then wothout the big cities of sparta athens and corinth they would only have northern barbarian towns that have no economy and little in the way of troops. As well I agree with senatore Labienus let us put this to vote as per Parthicus's motions as well I would like to put my own two motions

Motion I: The res publica raises two new legion the flavia xiii and the gemina vii
    Motion II The res publica brings the under strength legions back to full strngth

Winter's Avatar Civitate

ooc: Senator Triarius you could at least wait a day and pretend it takes a while for the news to get to you before you respond

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

OOC: Well Sicily is quit near Rome and who said that one day in RL is one day in Yats + my servants use pigeon.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Winter's Avatar Civitate

As some senators here seem to have taken leave of their very senses, I feel I must take leave of this senate. The next you shall hear of me will hopefully be a report of my victory over the rebels in the south.

Lepidus stands and walks out the door.

Indeed, I feel immature. I have let my personal convictions get in the way of the senate. I must stop letting my head get in the way.
    Caesar, I must apologize for how I have behaved. And, I wouldn't want to attack the Peleponessus right away, for our troops would be seperated from he immediate border with Rome. If something were to go wrong, like a storm or failed naval battle, they would be seperated from Rome and would have to die or somehow get back to Rome. And they couldn't hope to pull a Anabasis move, not in Greece.

Indeed I apoligize if our behaviour has disrupted the senate

ooc: yes it is a risk but if we took the pellopenese first then they would be very weak. remember fortune favour the bold!
    Last edited by RVFVS; June 18, 2008 at 02:45 PM.

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

[COLOR="Navy"]I haven't seen any decisions made yet....[COLOR]

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast