Page 9 of 189 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: -- Suggestions --

Varjon's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Once more, a suggestion made...

No problem

The Sixth Wizard's Avatar Semisalis

You could do this, but make Mordor as a whole the Papal-States faction. Why would you need Sauron to be a single city? Mordor is under his direct control, not his vassal.
    Third Age: Total War! (!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_William_III View Post
    Hi all,

Can't say how much I'm thrilled about this mod, like most of you probably are Now, I had a suggestion in mind but I thought that someone would post it... Nonetheless, I had to create an own account to spread a new idea! The idea would be: Create the Citadel of Barad-Dur as a sole state with Sauron( as the Eye?) as Faction Leader offcourse. This "state" would act as The Papal States in M2:TW but with something extra in addition! All these new "christian" states, the states who have sworn allegiance to Sauron, should diplomaticly be set as vassals of Barad-Dur. The vassals would be; Mordor, Angmar, Rhun, Harad and Isengard( with Dunland as its vassal?). I hope that it can be fixed that vassals must pay a tribute to Barad-Dur so that the human player can choose between staying loyal to the Eye but economicly repressed or to set himself free from vassalage but to face the Wrath of Mordor(new name for Crusade?LOL)

Greetz,
    Lord_William_III
    I like the idea

Khamûl the Wraith

The Big Red 1's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by LOTR-MOD View Post
    I like the idea
    I don't
    HONEY I AM HOME

Default Re: --Suggestions--

Threads Merged

Make all suggestions, in the suggestions thread.
    Son of _Pontifex_Father to Mithrandir
    - Citizen, Artifex, Civitate - Librarian

Third Age: Total War - Most Promising Mod of 2008
    2D Graphical Artist & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Red 1 View Post
    I don't
    Why wouldn't you like the idea? Ok, so let's all agree that you'd have Mordor be the palpal states and not have Barad-Dur (Probably the wrong spelling, the tower with the eye) be separate.

So now you've got more realism. Saruman was technically a vassal to Mordor, but he eventually planned to split off and try to take power for himself. So instead of just breaking his alliance with Mordor, all those under Mordor have the ability to attack Isengard without repercussions. Together though, they can work together to take Minas Tirith (call a crusade on them, now you have all the evil factions marching to destroy it) which is in a way what happened.

The good guys can get the jihad and do something very similar. I think it's a great idea that just works with the game.

Isengard Fan

Quote Originally Posted by SilentLamb View Post
    Why wouldn't you like the idea? Ok, so let's all agree that you'd have Mordor be the palpal states and not have Barad-Dur (Probably the wrong spelling, the tower with the eye) be separate.

So now you've got more realism. Saruman was technically a vassal to Mordor, but he eventually planned to split off and try to take power for himself. So instead of just breaking his alliance with Mordor, all those under Mordor have the ability to attack Isengard without repercussions. Together though, they can work together to take Minas Tirith (call a crusade on them, now you have all the evil factions marching to destroy it) which is in a way what happened.

The good guys can get the jihad and do something very similar. I think it's a great idea that just works with the game.
    You've swayed me into it. I just feel that it might put to much pressure on evil factions not to attack evil factions.
    HONEY I AM HOME

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

I agree with The Big Red 1 before he was swayed. I don't think Barad-dur should be its own faction, why not just make it part of Mordor. Also, if Sauron isn't going to be in this mod, who is going to be "Pope"?

I like the idea
    Has there ever been an idea you don't like?

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    I agree with The Big Red 1 before he was swayed. I don't think Barad-dur should be its own faction, why not just make it part of Mordor. Also, if Sauron isn't going to be in this mod, who is going to be "Pope"?

Has there ever been an idea you don't like?

Ok, so let's all agree that you'd have Mordor be the palpal states and not have Barad-Dur (Probably the wrong spelling, the tower with the eye) be separate.
    This is why I was swayed.
    But I said swayed I'm still very skeptical
    Last edited by The Big Red 1; June 18, 2008 at 11:00 AM.
    HONEY I AM HOME

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Thats been my idea the whole way through. Although the whole idea seems like a lot for somthing that would make minimal difference

The Count(er)'s Avatar Protector Domesticus

I still think it's a pretty bad idea takes away from freedom doesn't really fit when Mordor is sperate from the eye the AI may not like the idea and attack Barad-Dur within the first 10 turns anyways
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaigidel View Post
    everyone but me is wrong.
    Ego's are fun

I'm swayed back to where I was. Bad Idea
    HONEY I AM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Red 1 View Post
    I'm swayed back to where I was. Bad Idea
    Honestly this whole "Lack of Freedom" for evil factions thing is a little ridiculous. Not trying to attack you or anything but if a game didn't have restrictions for different races in a game, or challenges, then the game wouldn't be fun or unique.

I find the fact that I can't train Attack Trolls with elves a little restrictive, or the fact that my Elves can't pump out massed weak troops a little restrictive. I don't but just pretend I do, that's a little restrictive to what you can do, but it adds a new level of uniqueness and a challenge.

This is coming from a guy who is mainly going to play Isengard, I don't mind having a little bit of a challenge when I want to betray Mordor. Don't want the entire game to be the same way it was the very first turn.

Isengard Fan

Such a hard decision! just because it will be harder to do my vote is one.
    HONEY I AM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by SilentLamb View Post

I find the fact that I can't train Attack Trolls with elves a little restrictive, or the fact that my Elves can't pump out massed weak troops a little restrictive. I don't but just pretend I do, that's a little restrictive to what you can do, but it adds a new level of uniqueness and a challenge.
    well your comparing 2 completely different things here making it very difficult to choose if you want to kill evil factions as a evil faction I think is a bad idea it's supposed to be hard but like this it would be close to impossible with every couple turns a few full stacks of orcs sit infront of your capital and dividing Mordor into 2 factions is a bad idea and making it just one with this ability would make them overpowered I think the only thing that should effect difficulty of making alliances or going to war with factions should be the way they feel about you from the beginning of the game
    Ego's are fun

Quote Originally Posted by The Count(er) View Post
    well your comparing 2 completely different things here making it very difficult to choose if you want to kill evil factions as a evil faction I think is a bad idea it's supposed to be hard but like this it would be close to impossible with every couple turns a few full stacks of orcs sit infront of your capital and dividing Mordor into 2 factions is a bad idea and making it just one with this ability would make them overpowered I think the only thing that should effect difficulty of making alliances or going to war with factions should be the way they feel about you from the beginning of the game
    Did anyone really have a problem destroying the Palpal states? It isn't a ridiculous negative aspect. Mordor wouldn't suddenly focus all of it's attention on you, it still has other people to fight.

Isengard Fan

well no human player should but the AI when their excommunicated I see crusades called on them and then about 13 full stack armies(can be from factions still loyal to Mordor) and 1 army gets the city the other 12 pick a city and take it suddenly faction destroyed and usually most factions focus on excommunicated factions and I do too
    Ego's are fun

Quote Originally Posted by The Count(er) View Post
    well no human player should but the AI when their excommunicated I see crusades called on them and then about 13 full stack armies(can be from factions still loyal to Mordor) and 1 army gets the city the other 12 pick a city and take it suddenly faction destroyed and usually most factions focus on excommunicated factions and I do too
    I use Excommunication as an excuse to wipe out a faction.

Most of the time if I want to expand I have to wait for the country in question to be Excommunicated or else the Papals and the christan world kills me.
    HONEY I AM HOME

and we don't want Mordor to be able to do the same thing
    Ego's are fun

I've never had this problem. I've been excommunicated and had crusades called on me to no avail, on the hardest difficulty setting. I don't know what's going on in your guys games.

Isengard Fan