Thread: AI not attacking - 6.1

Default AI not attacking - 6.1

For a quick preface, I love Stainless Steel. I've been playing it since 4.0, and usually it makes my M2TW experience much more enjoyable.

However, I'm having a bit of a problem with 6.1.

No matter what faction I play and for how long I do, none of the AI factions will declare war on each other or me, for that matter. Neither will any of the AI factions declare alliances or trading rights. Of course, I can attack any of my chosen enemies, and they will fight back. I can also request alliances and trade rights - heck, I even made Venice my vassal during my Genoa campaign. Aside from conquering rebel cities, however, none of the AI factions seem to want to fight each other or me.

Is there any way I can fix this? I'd rather not play through a campaign where the only wars in the world are those of my choosing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: AI not attacking - 6.1

Can't say I've seen this happening in my game. However some times the AI does take a while to get going. They usually will attack all rebel regions near them before engaging each other. How far into this campaign are you?

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

TemplarLord's Avatar Ordinarius

Also what difficulty are you playing at?

H/H, and about 70 turns in for my longest campaign.

A bit of an update:

I uninstalled and reinstalled SS and started a new game, this time with KoJ. Things seem to be going well: Egypt nearly killed me by sieging every one of my cities except Nicosia; nearly the entire catholic north answered the call to my crusade on Cairo; and the Byzantines have tried to steal Cyprus twice.

However, aside from the alliances that I've offered other nations, none of the AI factions have made alliances with each other or offered one to me.

If you could help me figure this out, that would be great.

Edit: still on H/H difficulty.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

jormand turn on toggle_fow and watch the AI at work.

I'm playing on M/M with Lusted's latest Campaign AI (recommended) and there's battles going on all over the place.

They never attack me either, Im playing M/M. Like said, it is pretty annoying being the aggressor.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Well in both my early era english and late era french campaigns, my allies didn't attack me it is true. But nearly every bordering neutral faction did, even if they had been an ally only a few turns before.

The AI usually will calculate if its worth attacking you - so if you have very strongly defended settlements in your border territories they may well leave you alone. I find if I strip out units for a crusade army from border castles etc then it increases the likelihood of being attacked.

(in my current Mongol campaign I had the fow toggled off and every faction seemed to be at war with its neighbour, apart from allies of course.)

I currently play as france. none of the AI attacked me, until I decide to kick one. Too bad, the pope warn me of excommunication.