Thread: Bloody Pirates!

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

Default Bloody Pirates!

Is there anyway to reduce the number of Pirates spawning besides stationing ships in every sea province? My new Carribean colonies have been infested by Pirates, in every sea province off the coast of one of my colonies. When my fleet deals with them and moves on to deal with another, another Pirate fleet spawns in the square I just left. It's frustrating to say the least.

Here's a pic:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by NaptownKnight; June 08, 2008 at 05:37 PM.

Default Re: Bloody Pirates!

Yeah I hope they fix this, I patrol all my colonies but it's just overly frustrating.

Indefinitely Banned

I had this problem playing as Spain in EU2. The way I dealt with it was to leave the pirates to build up and then send my uber fleet of death to kill them all. Afterwards I built small fleets in each port in the carribbean and sent them out periodically.

Well part of the problem is me being semi newbish, as I colonized to many places at once, and my colonial maintenance fees are out of the roof. I can't afford much more than I already have, my research is at a snails pace. I guess I'll wait it out until they do develop, or I could combine my three fleets in the area.

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I hate unending pirate hordes...
    Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't pirates generally avoid areas heavily patrolled by the Royal Navy's frigates? (That does for any large navy nation too)

It seems silly that the vast majority of pirates pop up just outside my massive naval bases containing frigates and ships-of-the-line.

Unless these are kamikazi pirates with nitro-laden fireships.

Serious J's Avatar Decanus

Playing as Castille at the moment and it's making colonizing south america/nother america absolutely pointless as all 13 of my colonies are constantly blockaded. When I clear them out with my fleets they respawn by the time I'm attacking the third blockade.
    The strange days are coming.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Funny, I have no pirate problem at all...:hmmm:

I believe the pirate problem you guys have are not natural... May cause by other countries...

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Funny, I have no pirate problem at all...:hmmm:

I believe the pirate problem you guys have are not natural... May cause by other countries...

Do you have IN? Because in IN as soon as the pirate faction reaches naval tech 9 they begin to spawn in any water area that has a port and hasn't had naval traffic for just a little over 20 days.

But, I have since found that the easiest way to prevent it is to just leave a single ship in each water area I have a port in and they won't spawn.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

I have.

It seems that pirates would stop sparring after certain amount of pirates appear on the map...

Well I figured out how to make a patrol. My fleets easily deal with the very few pirates that pop up now, although every few years I need to check on the fleet and dock it for awhile. I still want them to tone this down a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKnight View Post
    Well I figured out how to make a patrol. My fleets easily deal with the very few pirates that pop up now, although every few years I need to check on the fleet and dock it for awhile. I still want them to tone this down a lot.

How do you create a patrol? I've tried clicking the patrolling button but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Dutchpower's Avatar Senator

Piratus universalis 3 is what they should call it.... even in the 1800's pirates pop up everywhere.
    Batavorum miliaria.

"Tits or GTFO. You know the rules and so do I."

Quote Originally Posted by Serious J View Post
    How do you create a patrol? I've tried clicking the patrolling button but it doesn't seem to do anything.
    Click the button, and it should say "IS patrolling". Once that is done just issue a move order and your unit will patrol back in forth where you clicked and where it started out when you clicked.

Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKnight View Post
    Click the button, and it should say "IS patrolling". Once that is done just issue a move order and your unit will patrol back in forth where you clicked and where it started out when you clicked.

Ooh. That combined with waypoint movements will make a huge difference. TYsir!