Thread: Ideas for units

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Ideas for units

Well, I'm a table top gamer of Warhammer 40k and I had the current 08 catalouge and I was looking and I noticed that there is units in the LoTR section that should be included or atlest should be Mercs or have certain AoR in the game.

Now I'm no expert on LoTr Lore or timeline so please correct me if I state something wrong, I'm going off the movies and the slight of what I know.

Granted the units that are currently released aren't set in stone but I wanted to throw ideas out there for both good and evil.
    Good -
    Warriors of Numenor - Could be an AoR around Mordor. Granted there a lil bit old but it'd be a nice shock troop.

Clansmen of Lamedon - We have the Axemen of Lossarnach why not these crazy scot looking lads?

Osgiliath Veterans - An elite troop that was made of remnants of the Osgiliath protectors. AoR around Osgiliath.

Warriors of Arnor - AoR around Anor, could be remnants of Arnor the begging.

Evil -
    Dead Marsh Spectres - Evil undead units that are an AoR around the Dead Marshes, could be a counter to the Army of the Dead

Castellans of Dol Guldur - I don't know much but they could maybe a semi-unique unit.

Ringwraiths - I'm sure they'll make there way into the game but it'd be nice to see them as a group of 9 or 10..

Feral Uruk-hai - Merc unit available around Isenguard and Mordor..

Fighting Uruk-hai and Uruk-hai Scounts - I mean two essential units of Isenguard

Mordor Orcs and Morannon Orcs - Basic units for Mordor...

this is all suggestions that I got from the book...thanks for reading..
    Last edited by CK23; June 08, 2008 at 10:51 AM.
    Rabble rousing, Pleb Commander CK23

Iustinianos's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Ideas for units

Warriors of Numenor is unrealistic since there was no one alive in the War of the Ring who survived Numenor and more then 9 ringwraiths is to unrealisitc to be in the game imo.

I like the other idea's though there are some names that deserve to be better. Like the Osgilitah Veterans for example. Nice job anyhow mate
    It looks bad in the newspapers and upsets civilians at their breakfast...

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

Yeah the Numenor, I just threw them in there to see if people would bite and see what they would say. The Ringwraiths where just in there maybe as one of them unique units.
    Rabble rousing, Pleb Commander CK23

Varjon's Avatar Praepositus

Clansmen of Lamedon could work could work from good section but warriors of Númenor are unrealistic and warriors of Arnor are unrealistic also. And about Osgiliath veterans I don't like because those soldiers who fought in Osgiliath were just regular soldiers of Gondor which you can see from movies also.