Thread: Lots of lagg..

Default Lots of lagg..

Is there anything i can do to make this game run alot smoother?

aka upgrading computer, delteing files..

Any help..

Default Re: Lots of lagg..

This mod does not cause lag issues.. can you post your system specs for me please? Because I suspect that it may be an outdated computer that is the problem.

Dave

nemr's Avatar Miles

sure you did not play s.s 6.1 or dlv 5.6..?

i escaped from those mods because thier killer lag

it seems that the lag was due to your computer

Yea, i think its my computer.. Any-one know upgrades that i can make to computer to make it run better? Ps were do i find my specs at lol.

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

Quote Originally Posted by nemr View Post
    sure you did not play s.s 6.1 or dlv 5.6..?

i escaped from those mods because thier killer lag

it seems that the lag was due to your computer
    Depending on what one means by "lag", I experience more lag in KGC than in SS 6.1 on the campaign map. Still not anything that would make either mod "unplayable" and I enjoy them both greatly.

At any rate, for the campaign map the keys are to turn off campaign shadows and de-select anything while scrolling the map (click on the map somewhere where there isn't anything).
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

Quote Originally Posted by aduellist View Post
    Depending on what one means by "lag", I experience more lag in KGC than in SS 6.1 on the campaign map. Still not anything that would make either mod "unplayable" and I enjoy them both greatly.

At any rate, for the campaign map the keys are to turn off campaign shadows and de-select anything while scrolling the map (click on the map somewhere where there isn't anything).
    The lagg i mean is when you push left( or any directional key) on campaign map it will go-stop-go-stop-go-stop it will do it fast but..

nemr's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by aduellist View Post

the lag what i mean

time that spent until your turn arrive after pressing ((end turn ))

and due to my experience as mods CONSUMER KGC have less lag than

SS.6.1 and DLV 5.6 >>>> in my lag Definition above

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

Quote Originally Posted by ckmucha View Post
    The lagg i mean is when you push left( or any directional key) on campaign map it will go-stop-go-stop-go-stop it will do it fast but..
    Did you try my recommendations? There's still occasionally a bit of stutter here and there, but with campaign shadows off and no character/settlement selected it's pretty smooth for me.

Quote Originally Posted by nemr View Post
    the lag what i mean

time that spent until your turn arrive after pressing ((end turn ))

and due to my experience as mods CONSUMER KGC have less lag than

SS.6.1 and DLV 5.6 >>>> in my lag Definition above

Again, by my timed tests (I have current campaigns going in both KGC and SS 6.1) there is no appreciable difference in the end turn times. Of course, I didn't install BGR III in SS 6.1 and that optional sub-mod is reported to increase ens turn times somewhat. In both cases the only way to appreciable speed up the end turn time is to eliminate features, which is rather like killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.

I have no experience of DLV 5.6. It includes features I don't want. Still by all accounts an awesome mod, though. Just like KGC and SS.
    Last edited by aduellist; June 09, 2008 at 08:50 PM.
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass