Thread: What style of play is meant to be enhanced?

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Default What style of play is meant to be enhanced?

I have greatly enjoyed the Retrofit Mod. I tend more toward chivalric combat and economic building with the Mod.

It looks to me that Custom Campaign Mod encourages a more aggressive play with the reduced upkeep charges, stock piling peasant archers free of upkeep, and some free of upkeep units to the castles.

I have played around briefly with Spain in the grand campaign. My Retrofit Mod stategy of Zaragossa, then Cordoba, and then Lisbon has a differant feel to it. I cannot seem to place the differences.

Any comments or suggestions?

Default Re: What style of play is meant to be enhanced?

Spain is the most fun to play. Their unit selection is beautiful, and all I play is the retrofit these days.

I always grab Zaragossa while it's rebel, then go after Valencia. I send my princess to marry and ally with the French. Ally with the papacy, then once I've got those Alugmuvhars (sp???), I just go nuts on the Portuguese, trying to kill them before the pope can tell me to cease the attack, consolidate, work on religion, then call a crusade on the Moors.

I haven't actually tried the custom campaign on retrofit though. What is it like?

Patrician

I guess that was my question. I guess there are now two of us waiting for some input!

I just downloaded it today. Checked out the readme. Messed with Spain for a few turns since I liked Spain in the Retrofit Mod. Seems cav are now relatively more expensive for upkeep since the militias are so cheap in upkeep. Almost looks like the old Shogun stategy of basic spears and archers to take the board is now the encouraged strategy, which is why I posted my question.

Also, I looked at the custom Iberian campaign map, which looks interesting. Then I posted here.

Well, I tried it out.

It seems to have lots of bugs from vanilla. For instance, my cavalry won't charge properly anymore.

I'm actually rather disappointed with it, sadly.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by dr_guerra View Post
    Well, I tried it out.

It seems to have lots of bugs from vanilla. For instance, my cavalry won't charge properly anymore.

I'm actually rather disappointed with it, sadly.
    Cav not working. Not good for Spain! So is there any way to take the mini campagns and maps and not the code changes?

I'm not sure. If there is, please let me know, because it has some really neat stuff.