Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: KGCM Patch 4.2 + KGCM Patch 4.3 Download Thread

Default Re: KGCM Patch 4.1 (Hotfix released 11/06/09)

Er, are there any TWC or filefront or any other mirrors for the download by any chance? For some reason the megamanager thing doesn't want to download anything for me...
    "People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

In Soviet Russia you want Uncle Sam.

Alibi's Avatar Foederatus

Is there any available downdload only included the hotfix for old version 4.1? Many guys will be happy if they can avoid to download 480MB again. Pls help~~

@Surgeon,

TWC will not take uploaded files of this size, I tried to upload here before. Also filefront is a pile of crap and not easy to upload large files too. I tried to upload 4.1 on filefront numerous times without success. Filefront also has a bad habbit of deleting your files without telling you. Where else would you recommend I upload this patch too?

@Alibi,

Sure, attached files here for you, put them in the mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data folder.

Dave

Well I know of a few file hosting sites, but I haven't tried them myself, yet:
    http://www.badongo.com/
    http://www.zupload.com/
    http://www.uploadline.com/
    http://boxstr.com/
    If that doesn't work, do you still have any of the older patches (v3.8+) uploaded somewhere? I lost mine when I was formatting my drive, but maybe I can download v3.8 or so and then manually patch it to 4.1 somehow?
    "People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Dave,

You're so nice ,so considerate~~Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by Alibi; June 13, 2009 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surgeon View Post
    Er, are there any TWC or filefront or any other mirrors for the download by any chance? For some reason the megamanager thing doesn't want to download anything for me...
    You might be a thought more considerate of Dave's problem. It's only a waste of time to upload it to other sharing sites.
    Here, I share my experence of logging in to the megaupload(Actually I have the same problem as you. Luckily I found the solution.)
    Two ways:

You can use Firefox(megaupload support it perfectly)

Or while you're trying to log in to megaupload. Just stop & right click—change the default code to the UTF-8. Then wait or refresh the web page until you can log in to it.(I can not explain why it works but it do works. Have a try~~)

Sorry for my rusty English. Hope it will be helpful for you.
    Last edited by Alibi; June 14, 2009 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Scarface View Post
    @Surgeon,

@Alibi,

Sure, attached files here for you, put them in the mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data folder.

Dave
    By the way, does this attached files inculde the fixed merc crossbomen textures?

Quote Originally Posted by Alibi View Post
    You might be a thought more considerate of Dave's problem. It's only a waste of time to upload it to other sharing sites.
    Here, I share my experence of logging in to the megaupload(Actually I have the same problem as you. Luckily I found the solution.)
    Two ways:

You can use Firefox(megaupload support it perfectly)

Or while you're trying to log in to megaupload. Just stop & right click—change the default code to the UTF-8. Then wait or refresh the web page until you can log in to it.(I can not explain why it works but it do works. Have a try~~)

Sorry for my rusty English. Hope it will be helpful for you.
    I've tried everything, but whether I'm using FF on its own or megamanager, it either doesn't start downloading or downloads about 100mb before stopping for some reason.

Hey Dave, are the old patches for 3.8 or so still on filefront? If so, is there some way I can maybe download those and then patch up to 4.1?

I've tried everything, but whether I'm using FF on its own or megamanager, it either doesn't start downloading or downloads about 100mb before stopping for some reason.
    Well if the download is interupted or stops for any reason you should be able to resume broken downloads. Double click the Mega Manager icon and then click the download tab. If it doesn't resume downloading click the link check tab and select test links. If you still cannot download the file from MegaUpload then try contacting support with your problem.

Hey Dave, are the old patches for 3.8 or so still on filefront? If so, is there some way I can maybe download those and then patch up to 4.1?
    No sorry, filefront deleted the older patches because no one was downloading those files anymore.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; June 14, 2009 at 04:50 PM.

Dave, i've a question too, don't know if it's been discussed before, and if it was sorry to ask again...There are several factions, like Ireland Antioch or Jerusalem, which in campaign mode don't have a badge, they have a castle instead of it...can you help me resolve this?

This was taken from the FAQ thread:

Q. Missing faction symbols for Vista users?
    A. The patch does not install properly on Vista. What you need to do is install the patch onto your desktop and then manually copy the files to the KGCM mod folder. Example SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data. The new faction symbols should now display correctly.

i have installed XP, not vista...made what you said but still the symbols don't appear...the're still castles
    Last edited by Pestache; June 16, 2009 at 02:03 AM.

reinstall. I had that problem but I'm using Windows 7. Reinstalled patch and worked. not sure I could recreate that though.

I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men, and German to my horse.--King Charles V of France

http://www.brethrentw.com

Indeed, he needs to install the patch properly in order for it to work. The patch should be installed to the main SEGA\Medieval II Total War folder. There are no bugs with the faction symbols they work perfectly fine.

thks...i reinstalled the patch in the folder you mentioned, now all synbols are visible...

One more question. You said:
    -Finally you can choose your next faction heir! the Privy Seal now gives +6 authority and guarantees anyone who is granted it the throne.

how can i select another family member to be faction heir?

The Privy Seal won't change the current Faction Heir.
    It will instead "set-up" the next Faction Heir, when the current King dies.

Thus, give it to who you want to become the next Faction Heir & thus ultimately the King.
    That way, you control the line of succession.

cheers,
    Derf.

Hello, I just got your mod 3.0 version and it was amazeing truly One of the best I have seen Now loving it so much I decided to get the patch 4.1 This is Where my trouble begins when I install from megauplod eveything is fine I get the install from them where you install it finally to your foldors this is where nothing changes when I install nothing changes It's like it didn't even install.

(Im runing vista which is saw could be a promblem but didn't really understand how to fix it.)
    Last edited by Hellboy; June 18, 2009 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
    Hello, I just got your mod 3.0 version and it was amazeing truly One of the best I have seen Now loving it so much I decided to get the patch 4.1 This is Where my trouble begins when I install from megauplod eveything is fine I get the install from them where you install it finally to your foldors this is where nothing changes when I install nothing changes It's like it didn't even install.

(Im runing vista which is saw could be a promblem but didn't really understand how to fix it.)

Note: you have to start a new game with 4.1.
    You will not be able to load a 3.0 game.

2 things to try:

1) Try installing again the 4.1 patch.
    Be sure you point it to the correct folder. The default is C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War.
    If you installed Medieval II Total War in a different place, be sure to point the 4.1 installer to that place -- the main directory folder of Medieval II Total War.

If you have installed it correctly, you should now be able to see the Americas on the campaign map and play the Aztecs as a faction. --Not sure about playing the Aztecs, I modded them playable myself, but I believe the latest version of 4.1 includes them as playable and Antioch as not.

2)
    Ok, this might help --- try installing the 4.1 patch to a folder you just create with nothing in it. ie: a Blank Folder. Call it 4.1_expanded or whatever.

Once installed to that folder, you then have to copy those files into the EXACT SAME folders in Medieval II Total War/mods/kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod/

If you do this, it will update all the necessary files from 3.0 to 4.1.

Hold onto v3.0 download in case all stuffs up & you need to re-install from scratch...

I hope this gets you going

Cheers,
    Derf

Quote Originally Posted by Derfele View Post
    Note: you have to start a new game with 4.1.
    You will not be able to load a 3.0 game.

2 things to try:

1) Try installing again the 4.1 patch.
    Be sure you point it to the correct folder. The default is C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War.
    If you installed Medieval II Total War in a different place, be sure to point the 4.1 installer to that place -- the main directory folder of Medieval II Total War.

If you have installed it correctly, you should now be able to see the Americas on the campaign map and play the Aztecs as a faction. --Not sure about playing the Aztecs, I modded them playable myself, but I believe the latest version of 4.1 includes them as playable and Antioch as not.

2)
    Ok, this might help --- try installing the 4.1 patch to a folder you just create with nothing in it. ie: a Blank Folder. Call it 4.1_expanded or whatever.

Once installed to that folder, you then have to copy those files into the EXACT SAME folders in Medieval II Total War/mods/kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod/

If you do this, it will update all the necessary files from 3.0 to 4.1.

Hold onto v3.0 download in case all stuffs up & you need to re-install from scratch...

I hope this gets you going

Cheers,
    Derf
    Thanks I'll try that now!