Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: KGCM Patch 4.2 + KGCM Patch 4.3 Download Thread

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Default Re: KGCM Patch 4.1 (updated 25/05/09)

Finally..I get a chance to update!! Dave where are you??
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

The privy seal, deal. Was not Daves original idea. I lost the link to the guy who discovered it. Dave is using a great idea though. Dearmad and Pnutmaster have implemented it in a different but yet similar fashion for the BBB4.0. I'll co find it.....
    datata

ok here it is HERE
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

I have a question about downloading the mod. I am trying to help a friend do it over the phone and he has successfully downloaded 3.0 and 4.1. 3.0 is safely installed and he verified that by running the game where he encountered the display problem. He installed 4.1 to the SEGA Medieval II file Dave listed and the computer shows that that is its location...however it has not taken for some reason and the game shows no Norway, is short four factions, and still has display fix problem. We are both gamers but computer neophytes that would appreciate any ideas or suggestions. We are desperately trying to take our KGCM hotseat reality to the next level through daily e-mail(which I believe is possible) rather than playing once a week together on my computer.

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Grislok View Post
    I have a question about downloading the mod. I am trying to help a friend do it over the phone and he has successfully downloaded 3.0 and 4.1. 3.0 is safely installed and he verified that by running the game where he encountered the display problem. He installed 4.1 to the SEGA Medieval II file Dave listed and the computer shows that that is its location...however it has not taken for some reason and the game shows no Norway, is short four factions, and still has display fix problem. We are both gamers but computer neophytes that would appreciate any ideas or suggestions. We are desperately trying to take our KGCM hotseat reality to the next level through daily e-mail(which I believe is possible) rather than playing once a week together on my computer.
    I think you put patch 4.1 to wrong location
    4.1 patch must installed in Medieval 2 folder
    not the mod folder

p/s:
    to Dave the Great: why there aren't Filefront link Dave?
    Last edited by vietanh797; May 31, 2009 at 06:47 PM.
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

You are correct viet. We figured out you do not want to install to the mod folder. For some reason 4.1 will install successfully to the MTW II folder on my friend's rig but then the game is still 3.0 with display problem. I am afraid there is nothing I can do until I get to his house again and see if he is doing something wrong. I am pretty sad at manipulating the computer outside of gaming and he is a bit sadder. Thanks dude.

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

You are correct viet. We figured out you do not want to install to the mod folder. For some reason 4.1 will install successfully to the MTW II folder on my friend's rig but then the game is still 3.0 with display problem. I am afraid there is nothing I can do until I get to his house again and see if he is doing something wrong. I am pretty sad at manipulating the computer outside of gaming and he is a bit sadder. Thanks dude.
    I can't get what you said(my English is short it only work good with game)
    Anyway good luck men this mod is the best mod for kingdoms if I have to vote so it is a pity if you can't play it
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

Hi! I live in Hong Kong and I still cannot download file from megaupload, I searched the internet, it seems that the megaupload somehow blocked any attempt to access their site from Hong Kong IP addresses (no Hong Kong people could download from their site) so disabling anti-virus doesn't help. If there's alternative downlaod link for 4.1 patch, it would be greatly appreciated.

To those people that may be experiencing problems downloading from the megaupload link provided. Have you tried installing and using Mega Manager? Its a completely free download on megaupload.com.

I am sorry but I have been unsuccessful in trying to upload this patch to filefront. If anyone has patch 4.1 and can upload it to another file sharing site that would be really great.

Dave

i had that problem with megaupload, but after i installed megaupload toolbar it works perfectly now.

There was no point to my post other than to explain it to the person posting earlier, about the great discovery, He seemed to think it was your discovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Scarface View Post
    To those people that may be experiencing problems downloading from the megaupload link provided. Have you tried installing and using Mega Manager? Its a completely free download on megaupload.com.

I am sorry but I have been unsuccessful in trying to upload this patch to filefront. If anyone has patch 4.1 and can upload it to another file sharing site that would be really great.

Dave
    Thanks for your suggestion, the problem is that I ((and other people in Hong Kong)can't even get into the Home page of megaupload, thus making me unable to download the Mega manager or toolbar etc...I've tried to get around by accessing it via proxy, but each IP can download one file at a time, so using proxy means there's often someone using the same IP address to download file and prevent other using downloading. I had to keep trying or keep change the proxy server to try. Anyway, thanks for your help. Hopefully the megaupload would stop blocking people from some region soon.

News just in, I have found a bug where both Havana and Miccosukee villages are not upgradeable to towns.. This means I am going to have to update 4.1 with a hotfix tonight!
    Download link to patch 4.1 temporarily removed.

Fixed the following

-Towns constructable in North America.
    -Corrected spelling of region Valladoid to Valladolid.
    -Fixed merc crossbomen textures.
    -Moving Aztecs to playable and Antioch to nonplayable.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; June 09, 2009 at 05:53 PM.

Not to be that guy but....I reported on the no growth micosukkee and havana a while back. I did it under Privy seal thread. I guess I thought you saw every post or reply on this site.

Not to be that guy but....I reported on the no growth micosukkee and havana a while back. I did it under Privy seal thread. I guess I thought you saw every post or reply on this site.
    Yeah you did, I thought you was just on about the pop growth being too low, sorry. Seems we had a communication mix up there. Thanks anyway, I'm real glad we have this bug fixed now guys

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; June 09, 2009 at 05:35 PM.

I would never ask this if I was not such a fan/junkie and Jonesing so hard, but is the xaI addition to KGCM still in the offing? Also, since I have already been so impetuous..I have often wondered if you are indeed scarred on the face.

Default Re: KGCM Patch 4.1 (Hotfix released 10/06/09)

Hotfix released today for 4.1! you can download it from here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HKNPTTGC

Final hotlist

-Miccosukee and Havana can now upgrade towns.
    -Corrected spelling of region Valladoid to Valladolid.
    -Fixed merc crossbomen textures.
    -Moved Aztecs to playable and Antioch to nonplayable.
    -Spain regain control of region Santiago for balance purposes.

I am 98% confident that there are no issues remaining in update 4.1. And the Aztec campaign should now be bug free.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; June 11, 2009 at 07:20 AM.

so, any current save games are still compatible with this hotfix?

I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men, and German to my horse.--King Charles V of France

http://www.brethrentw.com

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

Probably not. The fixes and updates would indicate changes made in descr_strat.txt. You would need to start a new campaign to pick up those changes. You might be able to continue with your current campaign, but the only change you'd see would be the merc crossbow texture fix.
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

I am going to double post this here from my post in the bug reports thread so that everyone see's it.

Hi guys,

I have been busy testing XAI 3.4 today and had to completely uninstall KGCM and reinstall it with 4.1 and test to rule out any bugs on my side. And in doing so I did find a minor bug, some of the accents are not working properly on a clean install. But the good news is it's a very easy fix and won't require downloading another hotfix.

Simply go into the mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data\sounds folder. Find and delete these two files events.DAT file and events.IDX file. Reload the game and it rebuilds the files, now all accents will work correctly. Sorry for not catching this bug earlier, but 4.1 has been out 2 weeks and no one else caught this.

Dave

-Updated 4.1 again today with accents fix