Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: KGCM Patch 4.2 + KGCM Patch 4.3 Download Thread

Default Re: KGCM Patch 4.0 (grab your monthly supply here!)

Sorry guys, I tried to upload the new update today but filefront disconnected me. I will try and get it to you all tommorow. Btw the patch is over 400MB now because of all the new Aztec stuff

regards,
    Dave

Default Re: KGCM Patch 4.0 (grab your monthly supply here!)

KGCM 4.1 Download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SPSO55NH

Change list

-Aztecs can now be made playable, just put them in playable and move another faction to non playable.
    -Aztec interface added.
    -Aztec music and sounds added.
    -New religion added for Aztecs "Sun God".
    -Movie intro's for Aztecs, Mongols and crusaders added.
    -EDU improvements including unit cost increases.
    -Finally you can choose your next faction heir! the Privy Seal now gives +6 authority and guarantees anyone who is granted it the throne.
    -Secondary fire back in for elite archers only.
    -A vastly improved garrison script, now takes 10 turns until the next respawn. This allows for the surrender times of the Fortress and Large City levels. Also some cities now give a script to more than 1 faction. For example Jerusalem will now give a defensive garrison to Egypt. While Antioch and Constantinople will give scripts to the turks.
    -The new world can now discovered at any time in the campaign. This allows you to rewrite history instead of having to follow historical accuracy. And it really does add a whole new dimension to many campaigns in KGCM. This also helps make the Aztec campaign work.
    -Campaign end date now moved to 1380. This gives you 400 turns to complete your victory conditions. Please note that it is still possible to continue playing on until much later in the campaign (again this is for victory conditions only).
    -Merc cost improvements and Elephant Artillery Mercs added.
    -Princess comes of age added for local faction only (thanks to Dearmad).
    -Fixed starting growth levels in some regions which were too high before.
    -Map pathfinding fixes in the America's.
    -Changed accent of mongols to islamic.
    -1 extra free upkeep slot for forts.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; May 26, 2009 at 03:27 PM.

Default Re: KGCM Patch 4.1 (updated 25/05/09)

nice as soon as i have finished my current TO campaign ill down load this and give it a spin sounds good any updates on the new bai and cai ??

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Henry of Grosmont's Avatar Clockwork Angel

Damn you, Dave.
    Great job, as usual
    And, of course, +rep. for the Privy Seal.

Hey Dave, Thanks a ton for the continued work on your mod. So is there a "make faction unplayable button or sequence of keystrokes or how can I get at the Aztecs?

Well, after a few month break im back to Total War. Sadly my pc cant handle ETW ( cant play the game with a decent settings coz my video card doesnt support the lastest shadow effect ) so old good MTW once again .

At the moment dling 4.1 but mega sux coz im not a premium user so cant use my download manager
    can u find another uploading site? like ushareit or mediafile? The new changes sounds interesting and i really want to give a go with Aztecs - going to bring Europe back to the iron age

Btw im looking for some BIG changes in the AI diplomacy behaviors as well as in the BAI. The last KGCM ver i played was 3.8 and i couldnt keep my interest in playing the game till the end coz by turn 100 i could already conquer like 20-30 provinces and the AI never tried to ally together to war against me so i could easily take out one by one ( only TO campaign was a little harder coz of Mongol's horse archers and the catholic % requirement for unit producing; england, portugal, milan, byzantine and turks are all the same coz once i could get into a formidable economic and military base i could play atk at 1 front and def at other fronts no prob, defending in a city or castle with 10 units is a piece of cake)

Lastly i want to ask for some changes in the unit recruiting tree.
    1.Well i prefer that all the factions have the feudal/chivalric knights can have access to the dismounted ones and vice versa ( its logical right?) like for england and spain and because armored swordmen rnt free upkeep for england.
    2.Some units in vanilla are unique for a factions so maybe keep em? (Sherwood archers, forlon, zweihand, etc)
    3.Shouldnt factions in the same group have access to same units? (denmark+norway, portugal+spain, milan somewhat between france and hre, poland+hungary) I notice that norway can recruit dismounted chivalric knight-powerful with shield units while denmark can only recruit axe/polearm units - lack of defend. An experience bonus in the later building is also preferable for any units that are already in the previous.

As Dave said once that some of those above are personal choices but i still want to make some requests as some ppl can like em too.
    (Those are easy to change though , just take some time to look into the desc building and a good mapping, i did those for myself and i messed the file up like 5-6 times be4 i finished )

At the moment dling 4.1 but mega sux coz im not a premium user so cant use my download manager
    can u find another uploading site? like ushareit or mediafile?
    I did try to upload this to filefront yesterday and today but my upload got kicked every time. I'm not going to bother with that pile of file sharing site again. If somebody wants to upload my 4.1 patch to another file sharing site I will be happy to give permission for you to upload it. Megaupload with Mega Manager is much better than filefront and easier to use.

Btw im looking for some BIG changes in the AI diplomacy behaviors as well as in the BAI. The last KGCM ver i played was 3.8 and i couldnt keep my interest in playing the game till the end coz by turn 100 i could already conquer like 20-30 provinces and the AI never tried to ally together to war against me so i could easily take out one by one ( only TO campaign was a little harder coz of Mongol's horse archers and the catholic % requirement for unit producing; england, portugal, milan, byzantine and turks are all the same coz once i could get into a formidable economic and military base i could play atk at 1 front and def at other fronts no prob, defending in a city or castle with 10 units is a piece of cake)
    Maybe wait until I release the XAI 3.4 conversion to KGCM before you play patch 4.1 then. Hopefully it will be out by next week.

Lastly i want to ask for some changes in the unit recruiting tree.
    Those changes look very small and easy to implement yourself.

Hey Dave, Thanks a ton for the continued work on your mod. So is there a "make faction unplayable button or sequence of keystrokes or how can I get at the Aztecs?
    Just edit the descr_strat.txt to look something like this below and your ready to go as the Aztecs!

campaign imperial_campaign
    playable
    england
    france
    hre
    spain
    venice
    sicily
    milan
    scotland
    ireland
    byzantium
    russia
    turks
    egypt
    denmark
    norway
    poland
    hungary
    jerusalem
    lithuania
    teutonic_order
    wales
    mongols
    antioch
    moors
    aztecs
    ;end
    ;unlockable
    end
    nonplayable
    papal_states
    portugal
    timurids
    slave
    end
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; May 25, 2009 at 01:46 PM.

Thanks Dave. I just performed my first successful manipulation/modding of any files in a TW game by adding aztecs. Maybe it will be the beginning of something grand.

Quote Originally Posted by Grislok View Post
    Thanks Dave. I just performed my first successful manipulation/modding of any files in a TW game by adding aztecs. Maybe it will be the beginning of something grand.
    Welcome to the modding community pal, I hope you can make us all a grand Empire Total War mod and get us all playing that game again soon!

Really looking forward to hearing about how you guys get on playing as the Aztecs, hint

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; May 26, 2009 at 12:08 PM.

Dave, I have a personal request.
    Can you give us a couple of months, without any patches, to finish the damn campaign?
    Never thought I would ask a modder something like this
    That's how good you are.

Can you give us a couple of months, without any patches, to finish the damn campaign?
    Okay spoilsport no more patches until um.. christmas? This should give you enough time to make some more of those cool strategy guides. And me a nice long summers break

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Scarface View Post
    Okay spoilsport no more patches until um.. christmas? This should give you enough time to make some more of those cool strategy guides. And me a nice long summers break

Dave
    All right. ALready installed 4.1 but didn't start any campaign. Guess, the English is first.

Btw, I heard about XAI for 4.1. Could I install it in a separate folder?

I would like to know whether there will be alternative download link such as filefront as I cannot download anything from megaupload as it always said "This service is temporarily not available from your service area." thank you.

Hi there, I really want to try the mod, looks amazing. but the link for 4.1 doesnt seem to work, ive already downloaded the 3.0

Thx

The megaupload link is located in one of Dave Scarface's posts in this thread. I think it was page six. You are in for a treat with this mod.

The download link to patch 4.1 has been fixed in post 1 now guys.

Will this fix the oversized city and castle tags? I was playing last night and all the sudden everything screwed up and the bottom tags showing the names of cities blew up covering like a fourth of the screen....

EDIT: I just downloaded this and now I can't even load a game. It just shuts down. Whats going on?
    Last edited by Iceclaw; May 28, 2009 at 09:04 PM.

Alibi's Avatar Foederatus

Nice job! Very unique! The concept of privy seal is so cool and original why has nobody done before...But I find it here! HOHO~~
    How about making papal states more perfect & into playable list in the next update? It'll much for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceclaw View Post

EDIT: I just downloaded this and now I can't even load a game. It just shuts down. Whats going on?
    If your saved game is pre KGC_4.1, sorry, but you will need to start a new game.
    It is worth it though, and Dave is putting together KGC with XAI_3.4, so that should be fantastic!

cheers,
    Derf
    Last edited by Derfele; May 29, 2009 at 02:34 AM.

Thank you so much! I really like this mod, its more strategic and more exciting than the original.
    Thanks again.