Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: KGCM Patch 4.2 + KGCM Patch 4.3 Download Thread

Default Re: KGCM Patch 3.9 (updated 13/04/09)

Quote Originally Posted by tobi_808 View Post
    I downloaded the 3.9 patch today
    (so i guess that all improvements for this mod are included, right ?)
    - is it all i need to get this mod running ?

I will give the Great Campaign a Try (generally i don't like the Vanilla Atmosphere )
    - only to get into the joy of playing the most interesting AI-mod i noticed till that moment ...
    But do i understand rigth: i'll be able to play the whole Kingdom area on 1 map, in 1 campaign, yes ?
    that would be nice ...

- and one further question: the 3.9 - does it use XAI/CAI or XAI/ Lusteds-CAI or what ... ?
    - are there any big issues, which can accure with the AI-beahvior or is it mostly fixed ?
    Cause thats the reason for playing this mod.

thanks for the all work !
    XBAI and Lusteds CAI, because XCAI had pathfinding issues.

This mod adds everything from kingdoms into one big campaign, with a great map.
    This mod doesn't have any bugs, I think, never encountered any.

You will need 3.0 before installing the 3.9 patch. That willl get you up and running smoothly (unless you need to install the display fix).

KGCM is basically the vanilla M2TW game using BigMap and using the kingdoms factions of Ireland, Wales, Norway, TO, Lithuania, KoJ, and PoA. Mongols are also playable from the start if you want to take over europe

KGCM uses a mix of CAI. The Mongol AI is XAI because they function much better under this. Everyone else's AI uses a version of Lusted's AI that dave personally modified to make more aggressive. The result is a combinatino of Lusted's AI's strategical prowess minus the extreme passiveness that the original CAI experienced. We also used Lusted's BAI, which performs pretty well. I can't remember if dave made any changes to this at all as well though.

You should have no real issues or bugs at all in the campaign. We have tried to eliminate all the bugs and make the game as balanced as possible. We are so confident in our product that we have suspended the dev forum and declared KGCM finished. We hope you enjoy playing.

Dave is there any way to have add on zips so i don't have to reload everything?I have the previous 3.9 with the visual enhancement pack loaded and playing.I don't care if the zips would not be save game compatible.Just trying not to reload all again.I will still download revised version for future reference.

the new one wont affect any visual improvement packs so I wouldn't worry about it. 3.9 addresses things on the campaign map and not on the battle map, so you're all set.

Quote Originally Posted by pwf224 View Post
    the new one wont affect any visual improvement packs so I wouldn't worry about it. 3.9 addresses things on the campaign map and not on the battle map, so you're all set.
    Great, glad to here that.Down loading now.

Hi Dave
    Just discovered a small bug in the Garrison Script. I read through the thread and couldn't find it mentioned so:

The city of Genoa is not allocated to Milan but to its' self i.e Genoa. I think this will stop Genoa producing a garrison (if I am correct! I'm not to good at this modding thingy ). Anyway, I haven't tested it but it does list it in the error log that I added to the .cfg

This is my first post here, but wanted to say that this is the best mod I have tried, and I've tried a few. Thanks for all your time and effort Dave and team

Andrew

@Andrew

Thanks a lot mate! I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know about this error in the garrison script. This will go on my little fix list at once

Best regards,
    Dave

hi your mod is awesome.
    i installed the 3.9 patch on 2 computers. for some reason, 1 computers KGCM isnt save game compatible with the other. they both have 3.9 version, i installed myself both (downloaded from your link). i reinstalled the patch on both reinstalled the patch 3.0 several times and each plays the game fine, but it's not save game compatible with... itself. or something like this.

anyone have this before?

one computer might have the updated 3.9 patch if they were downloaded at different times. Try redownloading and reinstalling the 3.9 patch fresh on each machine to make sure you have the same version.

is there a way to check what version of the mod i am "really" running? i downloaded about a week apart.

The patch link isn't working for me, it just sends me back to the FileFront homepage. Is their a good reason as to why?

Quote Originally Posted by LordMalfor View Post
    The patch link isn't working for me, it just sends me back to the FileFront homepage. Is their a good reason as to why?
    Yes, I am uploading the patch again with a CTD fix. The link should be back up in about an hour.

thanks,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Scarface View Post
    Yes, I am uploading the patch again with a CTD fix. The link should be back up in about an hour.

thanks,
    Dave
    Well that explains it, thanks for the info.

THARN's Avatar Senator

Default Re: KGCM Patch 3.9 (updated 23/04/09)

Hi Dave, could I know which files are changed since the 13/4 version? Because with my timurids submod I don't want to remake all the work, just check what is new and change old files.

@Blackader,

I suggest you download and use a program called ExamDiff to compare the following files. export_descr_unit.txt, export_descr_buildings.txt, descr_campaign_ai_db.XML, descr_diplomacy.XML, campaign_script.txt, descr_strat.txt.

Thanks! I will check that.

Default Re: KGCM Patch 4.0 (updated 29/04/09)

The current version of KGCM is now up to 4.0, because I have added the display fix to the patch now. Also unit costs were improved along with a few upkeep changes. And another correction was made in the campaign_script.txt. I make no apologies for making another unplanned patch so soon. Because as far as I am concerned improving the mod is always a good thing.

Dave

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Woudl this be save-game compatable for all us hotseater chappies?

No because of the small fix in the campaign_script.txt. Which only fixed the garrison script spawn at Thessalonica. Personally I can't see why you need to download patch 4.0 anyway if you are running a hotseat with 3.9. As the only other noticeable change you would see is the increased unit costs. The only reason this mod is up to version 4.0 is because of the addition of the display fix in the patch. Therefore there needs to be a distinction from 3.9.

Dave