Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: KGCM Patch 4.2 + KGCM Patch 4.3 Download Thread

Patokay's Avatar Miles

Default Re: KGCM Final Open Beta (01/02/09)

More feedback on my campaign:

OUCH! Turn 35. Now this feels like TOTAL WAR to me. France and Denmark DID attack me in the same turn. I am in big trouble now and not sure if I can hold against 4 nations.

France gathered all it's troops around the capital and leaving all other cities nearly defenseless. Although once they declared war, they were all over me, sending one or two full stacks in each of my adjacent regions. Quite devastating I must say. It looks as if I am acutally loosing.
    Denmark on the other is better defending their cities, which is nice. It's probably because they are a much smaller nation wiht only 3-4 regions.

Sadly though when they attacked Hamburg the XBAI had a complete dropout. After breaking through the gates instead of pouring into the castle full strength as usual they lined up on the left side, sending in only one unit at a time :hmmm: I thought those misbehaviours were a thing of the past and was quite astonished. Instead of taking the castle the danish army was annihilated.
    This is a serious issue although it might only very scarcely happen.

Everything besides that is more than challenging I must say.

Some pictures below.

Make sure you note this problem in the XAI forums. We'll try to fix this if it continues to be a problem. I haven't come across it, but it is imperative we fix this before a full release.

@Miikll,

Thanks mate, I've gave you some rep for your help. I also hope that you are enjoying the final beta and having a great time with KGCM+XBAI

@Pat,

I now have the perfect solution to siege battles. The following is set in the descr_campaign_db <sally_att_str_modifier float="0.5"/>. I then change the garrison scripts to all have a counter of 7. Meaning that castles and minor cities get a boost after 7 turns under siege, this causes the AI to sally out if it has enough strength to oppose the enemy. Also don't forget if a settlement is under siege the Ai will try in most cases to send reinforcements.

Dave

Ran 10 turns in a two player hotseat last night and had several new and disturbing/different occurrences. As Antioch my friend was attacked by two Turk armies and the primary army never moved at all and the secondary army sat in corner of map and wigged out moving slightly backward and forward repeatedly. He let time lapse and no battle occurred allowing his army to escape a bad situation. Saw a French army divided into 15 single unit armies hovering around one of their own cities. Not bad thing, just something I had never seen before. A second one army battle took place between Turks and Antioch and again the attacking Turk army never moved. The Antioch defensive positon was sweet on a hill, but I had never seen an enemy attacking army not attack. These were the first two battles of our campaign so it was discouraging. Never encountered these types of issues in 3.7. Hope this is useful. Also had a unique siege battle in which the AI defenders fought primarily on the streets and not at the walls or square. They took the high ground in the streets and fought to breaking point. It was a good fight.

As Antioch my friend was attacked by two Turk armies and the primary army never moved at all and the secondary army sat in corner of map and wigged out moving slightly backward and forward repeatedly. He let time lapse and no battle occurred allowing his army to escape a bad situation. Saw a French army divided into 15 single unit armies hovering around one of their own cities. Not bad thing, just something I had never seen before. A second one army battle took place between Turks and Antioch and again the attacking Turk army never moved. The Antioch defensive positon was sweet on a hill, but I had never seen an enemy attacking army not attack. These were the first two battles of our campaign so it was discouraging. Never encountered these types of issues in 3.7. Hope this is useful.
    I'm seeing strange performance from the BAI as well. I am going to revert back to Lusteds BAI for the final release. Everything will soon be back to normal.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dave scarface View Post
    I'm seeing strange performance from the BAI as well. I am going to revert back to Lusteds BAI for the final release. Everything will soon be back to normal.

Dave
    Kk dave

Anything to report on the slightly increased charge bonus of heavy cavalry? Or have you dropped my idea (idk if it is hard to change)

I would just like the heavy big bad ass knights/cavalry to have a little more punch against infrantry wo are receiving a full charge in the flank or rear.

MiiKLL's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick West View Post
    More feedback on my campaign:

OUCH! Turn 35. Now this feels like TOTAL WAR to me. France and Denmark DID attack me in the same turn. I am in big trouble now and not sure if I can hold against 4 nations.

France gathered all it's troops around the capital and leaving all other cities nearly defenseless. Although once they declared war, they were all over me, sending one or two full stacks in each of my adjacent regions. Quite devastating I must say. It looks as if I am acutally loosing.
    Denmark on the other is better defending their cities, which is nice. It's probably because they are a much smaller nation wiht only 3-4 regions.

Sadly though when they attacked Hamburg the XBAI had a complete dropout. After breaking through the gates instead of pouring into the castle full strength as usual they lined up on the left side, sending in only one unit at a time :hmmm: I thought those misbehaviours were a thing of the past and was quite astonished. Instead of taking the castle the danish army was annihilated.
    This is a serious issue although it might only very scarcely happen.

Everything besides that is more than challenging I must say.

Some pictures below.

Hello...I know it may be a mute point now...but do you recall if the assaulting AI army had any siege artillery...ie: catapaults or trebs?
    Reason I ask ...is that if the AI has none it will concentrate its forces on the gate area. You will see the set-up you see in the picture.

I have to admit I can't replicate the AI only sending one unit at a time though. Everytime I ran the a test the AI would break the gate and then rush all melee units into the castle.

"Nothing is more destructive than the charge of artillery on a crowd."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

damm it I have to say this is the first time I can't avoid lose my scot heir to norway hand
    I save then fight that battle 3 times
    all 3 times my heir die
    AI army cause pretty much damage to me
    especially is their cavalry now fight very effect

the only thing trouble me is your advance high/late recruit system
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

THARN's Avatar Senator

I just had my first ctd..
    playing as antioch and holding off the muslim factions.
    The Turks attacked Eddessa and while fighting the battle I had the ctd- the turks had a few units on my walls and my gates were broken in(rather quickly id say) seemed like 4 thrusts on reinforced gates..}

anyway- while I was selecting units to shore up one of the weak sides the ctd occured. ill go and give it another try- might just be a rare thing.

I too have seen some of the crusading armies sit idle out side of antioch- but this does hurt monetarily actually- cutting my funds in half- from 4 k to 2 k.. I usually go out and attack to shoo them away so they 've only seiged antioch 2 times out of the 10 so far.
    I have noticed alot of priests and imams..and merchants- more than the last version.. has this been changed>?

Reloaded-and turks waited another turn before assault- this time no cd-- must of been my comp...
    Last edited by THARN; February 08, 2009 at 08:56 PM. Reason: correction

Patokay's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by MiiKLL View Post
    Hello...I know it may be a mute point now...but do you recall if the assaulting AI army had any siege artillery...ie: catapaults or trebs?
    Reason I ask ...is that if the AI has none it will concentrate its forces on the gate area. You will see the set-up you see in the picture.
    They had no artillery. After breaking the gates they first formed a column in front of it as seen in the picture. Then the AI rushed to the side, took line formation and sent single units uo the ladders and through the gates.

I might be a strange once in a lifetime bug though. It never happened before.

Thanks to everyone for your feedback. It is now time for me to get this thing released!

Dave

Default Re: KGCM Patch 3.8 (17/02/09)

KGCM Patch 3.8 (updated).

The 3.8 patch was updated yesterday for the final time because I forgot to include all shield fixes. I also made a very slight change to the export_descr_buildings.txt while I was at it as well. The huge city barracks did not have enough available units before gunpowder. So I thought I may as well make these buildings not constructable before the gunpowder event.

Please can I also ask that people make no more personal requests of me. The mod is going to stay exactly as it is, and any new suggestions will be ignored. If you are unhappy with something in the mod, then contact me through pm and we can discuss an idea for a submod.

thanks,
    Dave

Default Re: KGCM Patch 3.9 (5/04/09)

Rejoice KGCM patch 3.9 is out today
    New features:

-Lithuanian conversion to Catholicism added. The event counter will trigger the first offer to occur around turn 30. However there is one requirement Lithuania must have less settlements than it started with. In other words 4 or less regions. This was because Lithuania should not want to change their ways unless losing.
    -Changes to the Teutonic Order, they no longer work like a republic and have a family tree. They will also now never seek to become a vassal when losing but will fight to the death instead.
    -Fixed Hanseatic League, now only factions around the Baltic can build the headquarters. You will also now be notified of when a rival faction builds the headquarters in one of their cities.
    -New mini map showing the americas.
    -Included new difficulty ratings for each faction at the campaign selection screen.
    -Mercenary recruitment improved.
    -Fixed a few region religion levels.
    -Slightly improved armour of cavalry to make them a little better in melee. Also increased costs a bit.
    -Increased movement of diplomats to 200 points.
    -Reduced priest piety requirement for jihads.
    -Made a few starting alliance changes.
    -Fixed a few resourses on the map that were giving to much money.
    -Ancona now starts as a rebel region.
    -Spain start off with only 3 settlements.
    -Added some new map textures in southern spain and malta.
    -Brazil given to Aztecs at the start.

See the first post of this thread for more info.

Have a nice day
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; April 05, 2009 at 05:22 AM.

Henry of Grosmont's Avatar Clockwork Angel

Default Re: KGCM Patch 3.9 (5/04/09)

Love it.
    One thing: I just finished re-writing English guide for 3.8

I'm not sure if 3.9 affects England, what do you say?

Wanted to ask you for a lomg time - is there a way I can make AI having princesses a little more often?

Default Re: KGCM Patch 3.9 is out!!!

I'm not sure if 3.9 affects England, what do you say?
    The only thing that is slightly effected by patch 3.9 in the British Isles is the improved mercenary recruitment. For instance although there are no initial mercenary knights available for the first few turns they will become available. Also Free Company Longbowmen mercs replace Welsh Longbowmen mercs. And Free Company Men at Arms will be recruitable from 1230 AD.

Wanted to ask you for a lomg time - is there a way I can make AI having princesses a little more often?
    Only thing you can do is increase the fertility of generals. However family trees are just balanced right in this mod ATM. If family trees were to get to big with modifications I am unsure on whether this would have side effects on the game. You could also give more factions princesses at the start in the descr_strat.txt. Tbh this is something I hadn't thought about too much.

Dave

Henry of Grosmont's Avatar Clockwork Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Scarface View Post
    The only thing that is slightly effected by patch 3.9 in the British Isles is the improved mercenary recruitment. For instance although there are no initial mercenary knights available for the first few turns they will become available. Also Free Company Longbowmen mercs replace Welsh Longbowmen mercs. And Free Company Men at Arms will be recruitable from 1230 AD.
    Don't think it will do anything. And in my case, 1230 AD is far away...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Scarface View Post
    Only thing you can do is increase the fertility of generals. However family trees are just balanced right in this mod ATM. If family trees were to get to big with modifications I am unsure on whether this would have side effects on the game. You could also give more factions princesses at the start in the descr_strat.txt. Tbh this is something I hadn't thought about too much.

Dave
    Then I'm not touching it.

Thank you

Libertus

happy that you found time and will to upgrade KGCM again: IMHO everything not evolving becomes a fossil. Thanks.

Humakty's Avatar Tiro

This mod was already really good (and stable) in 3.8, but we can surely put the extra polish to good use. Thanks for your patience and devotion...
    Ten times more numerous, by night and backstabbing.

Senior member of the G.L.I.N..

Dear all,

I just thought I would let you know that I updated KGCM Patch 3.9 today with a small fix. The mongols could no longer build pagan temples, so what I've done is change them back to Islam. Not only that, but I have also improved their starting position a little. With the mongols now involved in Jihads again its going to be real interesting to see what impact this has on the campaign. For example the mongols could now become involved in an attack on Constantinople or Jerusalem. Also me and my dev team felt that another Islamic faction was needed to counter the Catholic dominance in the middle east. I forgot to mention in the 3.9 patch list as well that I have now deliberately made the recruitment pools for KOJ and Antioch slightly slower The idea being that both factions will be unable to replace their knights as quickly. With this subtle change the Crusader states should find it harder to hold onto their power in the Holy Land.

best regards,
    Dave

tobi_808's Avatar Civis

Default Re: KGCM Patch 3.9 (updated 13/04/09)

I downloaded the 3.9 patch today
    (so i guess that all improvements for this mod are included, right ?)
    - is it all i need to get this mod running ?

I will give the Great Campaign a Try (generally i don't like the Vanilla Atmosphere )
    - only to get into the joy of playing the most interesting AI-mod i noticed till that moment ...
    But do i understand rigth: i'll be able to play the whole Kingdom area on 1 map, in 1 campaign, yes ?
    that would be nice ...

- and one further question: the 3.9 - does it use XAI/CAI or XAI/ Lusteds-CAI or what ... ?
    - are there any big issues, which can accure with the AI-beahvior or is it mostly fixed ?
    Cause thats the reason for playing this mod.

thanks for the all work !