Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: KGCM Patch 4.2 + KGCM Patch 4.3 Download Thread

Default Re: KGCM Patch 4.2 (Hotfix released 19/10/09)

Hi I uninstalled everything and I reinstalled Medievall Ii total War and all the kingdoms and KGCM 3.0. KGCM 3.0 seems to have a display problem in grand campaign but I can just ignore it and install KGCM 4.2 and everything will be alright yeah?

Magefsx's Avatar Campidoctor

Yes. Just make sure you install it to the right place. The default path may be wrong for your system

im using the 4.1patch then after downloading your 4.2patch i get this error:

KGCM Patch 4.2 has not been totally installed because of the following reason:

mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data\fmv\faction\aztecs_contacted.bik: This file contains invalid data. (error 11FD)

You will have to run this utility again to completely install KGCM Patch 4.2.

P.S.
    hope u can help me asap
    more power to your mod!!!

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

@bulahaw

I suggest that you download the patch again, but first temporarily disable your anti-virus software and then try to install from the new download.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

hello every1 a friend just told me about this mod and it looks rlly great but i have some questions
    1.does this mod use xbai newest version(i think its 4.0)?and wat Cai does it use?
    2.the grasion script looks rlly cool but does the full stack army appear in the first turns only or foes it appear every time i atk a city?
    thts all for now.
    thanks in advance

Magefsx's Avatar Campidoctor

The BAI is Lusteds, which works nicely- ie, defending AI in a seige actually defend the walls! Amazing, much. So is most of the CAI, apart from the mongols which has XAI as it is more aggressive. HHB on the other hand, has all CAI as XAI.
    The garrison script fires every time you attack an AI city with the script present. It doesn't however refire until 10 turns later
    Hope that answers everything

I see a lot of you talking here. Um I'm actually having a bit of trouble with HHB. Can someone please read my post in HHB Forum and please tell me what I did wrong?

thanks alot for replaying and making every thing clear =) but i have some questions sorry
    1.does the units have the stats same in rerofit mod?i am asking this because the vanilla unit stats are unfair
    2.i read the first 10pages of the forum and it seems tht lusted ai got some bugs are they fixed now?
    3.can u plz give me an example of an army composition formed by the ai?and does ai atk u with full stack armies or only 3 or 4 units?i am asking this because the vanilla ai uses stupid army compostions which make the battle soooo boring

Quote Originally Posted by Antimatkiller View Post
    thanks alot for replaying and making every thing clear =) but i have some questions sorry
    1.does the units have the stats same in rerofit mod?i am asking this because the vanilla unit stats are unfair
    The unit stats have been extensively modified and tested for play balance, much better than vanilla.

2.i read the first 10pages of the forum and it seems tht lusted ai got some bugs are they fixed now?
    All known bugs have been addressed and if possible, fixed. Some are not bugs caused by the mod but by the limitations or errors in the 'hard code' provided by CA.

3.can u plz give me an example of an army composition formed by the ai?and does ai atk u with full stack armies or only 3 or 4 units?i am asking this because the vanilla ai uses stupid army compostions which make the battle soooo boring
    In my experience, the AI armies are very well balanced and I am almost always outnumbered by the AI in a defensive battle.

hello again ok i am a steam user.will tht mean tht this mod is not going to work for me?

hello again ok i am a steam user.will tht mean tht this mod is not going to work for me?
    Please see the spoiler at the top of this post:
    To those who want to use this mod with Steam

oh thanks alot i am now playing the mod its totally awesome! thanks alot!
    however i was doing some battles testing units stats and i found tht pike men are in the late period and are rlly strong but i cant seem to find pikemen for islamic faction like egypt with units strong as pikemen so dont u thinks its unfair?
    in addition can some1 tell me if there is a unit tht can defeat pikemen face to face?if there is no such units wats the best way to defeat them? thanks in advance

edit: i have also found units for england tht are in the new world they seem rlly stronger than armoured swordsmen can som1 give me some info about them?

i have also seen a post by dave tht states tht when gunpowder is discovered a new battle tatic using gun units+pikemen and i have also seen the screen shot in the first page can some1 tell me more about it? (sorry for all these question tht might sound nooby and stupid but i am new to the mod) thanks in advance
    Last edited by Antimatkiller; March 04, 2011 at 11:57 AM.

@Antimatkiller

Have you read this thread?
    KGCM Advanced Late Era Recruitment

oh now tht ive read it everything is ok thanks alot
    but i think its unfair to give islamic factions weaker units.even if they use horses they are still underpowered badly i just tested it.D=

Henry of Grosmont's Avatar Clockwork Angel

oh now tht ive read it everything is ok thanks alot
    but i think its unfair to give islamic factions weaker units.even if they use horses they are still underpowered badly i just tested it.D=
    Islamic factions are underpowered? Try Antioch campaign, my friend. Or go on Crusade with anything less than strong fullstack...

i am talking about the late era -.- pikemen own inslamic troops(by islamic i mean egypt) and kingdom of jerusalem in no time without any major losses......
    edit: 1 question can som1 tell me how do seige battle occur in late era and gunpowder troops cant fire from the wall or at the troops on the wall and how does melee battle occur?i am asking this because i cant rlly imagine how seige battle is possible
    edit2: just noticed tht several factions do not have pikemen troop can som1 explain me?because these factions lack one of the main troops in the late era
    Last edited by Antimatkiller; March 05, 2011 at 12:45 PM.

Henry of Grosmont's Avatar Clockwork Angel

i am talking about the late era -.- pikemen own inslamic troops(by islamic i mean egypt) and kingdom of jerusalem in no time without any major losses......
    The time I played Turks, nothing could withstand the push of Janissary Heavy Infantry supported by Jannisary Musketeers. Also, Egypt has great mobile missile units that can destroy any pike formation. Same goes for Moors.
    edit: 1 question can som1 tell me how do seige battle occur in late era and gunpowder troops cant fire from the wall or at the troops on the wall and how does melee battle occur?i am asking this because i cant rlly imagine how seige battle is possible
    I almost never have been in a siege battle post-gunpowder (but I moved the "gunpowder invention" way late into the game). But im my opinion, it's breaching the wall with your cannon and having fun.
    edit2: just noticed tht several factions do not have pikemen troop can som1 explain me?because these factions lack one of the main troops in the late era
    Many factions have Halberd wielding troops, which are almost as powerful. Others compensate it with something else. Believe me, Dave worked haed on unit balance in KGCM.

oh ok can u tell me how u put gunpowder discovery late in game?
    i thinks halberd units are the late units of egypt whom i tested vs pikeme and got destroyed easily =/ +i dont think kingdom of jerusalem have any late era melee units.i am really sorry for asking alot of question about the late era but i am new to the mod and its really exciting for me to know more about it.
    edit:sorry forgot to tell u thanks for replaying and tring to make things clear for me =D
    Last edited by Antimatkiller; March 05, 2011 at 03:25 PM.

@Antimatkiller

To change the date when the gunpowder event occurs, open the ...\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_events.txt file with a text editor (such as notepad) and search for the following code:
    Code:
    event historic gunpowder_discovered
    date 122
    Change the date, which is the number of years after the start of the game, to whatever number you want. Since each year is two turns long, in this example that event would occur on turn 244.

ok thanks =D