Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: KGCM Patch 4.2 + KGCM Patch 4.3 Download Thread

Default Re: KGCM Final Open Beta (01/02/09)

I am in need for a "no garrison script" lol, or does my old one work? (I am playing Version 3.7).
    No garrison script added to post 1.

1.The CTD bug when switching between campaign mode and custom battle mode hasnt been fixed, i still got it
    2.Game crashed when i clicked all the factions one after one to read their discriptions, the same when i tried to choose all factions in hot seat mode
    I have investigated why this wont work and it seems that the installer will not include the two empty folders needed for this fix. Therefore I am going to have to add this fix to post 2 of this thread seperately.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; February 04, 2009 at 06:08 AM.

THARN's Avatar Senator

I am going to try to reproduce this "on demand" and investigate the issue further.
    With a little luck, I can see what factors effect this.
    Koljan- Iv'e noticed that If I send just one unit or my entire army, towards the enemy - when it gets' within a certain range it activates that enemy into attacking as it should.
    perhaps it's a range bug'.

Koljan's Avatar Senator

any additional factors and conditions you notice will help me alot.

Thanks.

Been playing a V/H V/H english campaign, only a few turns in.... Really like the new recruitment pools although I think that it might better to have 1 Fuedal Knights as a max and 2 Mounted sergents as Fuedal knights would require more metal and are more aristocratic....

The only thing so far I've noticed is that the welsh leader doe'snt have a King Skin on the battlefield...

Great work, well done dave and the team, lovin it...

The only thing so far I've noticed is that the welsh leader doe'snt have a King Skin on the battlefield...
    Neither does Norway, they both have a normal general skin instead. This is because the norman king model wouldn't work with these factions. Thanks for the feedback!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dave scarface View Post
    No garrison script added to post 1.
    I LOVA YA MAN!

Great work Dave, Ireland is attacking Norway outside their Island! Never seen before in this Mod.

1.In the battle the melee doesnt cover the ranger well enough? i mean the AI always uses its archers to atk 1st but when i charged all my calvaries up to confront em the AI doesnt move its melee to help in time, i remember in 3.7 it moved all the army the same time i atked the archers with my calvaries
    Since I settled down to play a new campaign with XBAI Beta 5 a few days ago I have seen this as well. It doesn't happen in every battle, but sometimes the BAI is sending its archers miles ahead to fire at my men without moving its main infantry line forward! This needs an urgent fix.

Also the problem of the AI completely abandoning the gates is still not fixed either. All it takes is a few ladders at the walls to send the AI scrambling its men away from the gate as shown below. Also as I understand it currently using artillery against walls will make the AI retreat all its forces. So other than a straight forward attack against a castle with a ram. It seems the defense will be diverted away from the gates.

Dave

From the looks of it there, the AI is sending its units towards teh gates, or are caught up on teh walls. I've personally overseen this fix, so I'm perplexed as to why it's happening. *stupid question* Are you using the latest version? The one that comes with the XAI for KGCM (just pull the BAI files out from the rest)?

From the looks of it there, the AI is sending its units towards teh gates, or are caught up on teh walls. I've personally overseen this fix, so I'm perplexed as to why it's happening. *stupid question* Are you using the latest version? The one that comes with the XAI for KGCM (just pull the BAI files out from the rest)?
    That certainly was not the case, as two of my ladders reached the walls I watched the spearmen at the gates run to the walls. As you can see not a single enemy dead body by the gates. I was able to break the gate down as my men on the walls pinned the whole defending army down. Once through the gates and in their rear the outcome was a very easy win with few casualties. There was but one unit coming up from the square but that was far too late. I am not sure yet whether this problem is limited to castles. I shall have to do more tests.

Here are the XBAI files attached below.
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; February 05, 2009 at 05:35 PM.

my archers doesn't have flame arrows.

Two words about this mod- "THE BEST"

I played the game as the English till 1244. My king dies and his heir took over. However at that point, my family tree went missing. It only shows the family tree of Scotland which is my vassal. I see if i can post a screenie tonight.

Koljan's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by mrcosta View Post
    my archers doesn't have flame arrows.
    thats a feature.

Dave, idk if i should post this here, but could you think of making cavalry more expensive and giving them a huge charge bonus while giving them stats that will make them worse while standing still?

Imagine a wrecking ball, its not cheap, once it rams the building, it does huge damage, however as it swings back it loses its power and will stop, doing no damage at all anymore.

Thats my vision on cavalry, I just think the shock element is'n't quite implemented enough, they should have a demolishing charge, while being expensive and fragile in standstill melee.

Dave, idk if i should post this here, but could you think of making cavalry more expensive and giving them a huge charge bonus while giving them stats that will make them worse while standing still?
    I will think about giving heavy cavalry a small charge bonus but that is all. I don't want to make huge changes to these units.

Could I ask for more detailed feedback while this beta is still open also please.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; February 06, 2009 at 02:40 PM.

Patokay's Avatar Miles

Let me drop some feedback on my HRE campaign on VH:

Turn 24 and many wars around the HRE but no one dared attack us.

Our first move was capturing Utrecht. France failed to take Antwerp which we now hold aswell. Economicaly we are doing very well. Allowing us to build drill squares and knight stables in every castle and further recruiting heavily armed forces.
    Milan declared war on Sicily and we thought of it as our best chance to attack Milan. Launching one army from Bern and one from Insbruck we layed siege to their capital. Although heavily outnumbered they tried a breakout ... to our benefit of course.

My general critique: I think that the AI does only involve one army into the calculation wether or not to sally out even if there are more beseiging it. Also the garrison script encourages it to think they are strong enough to do so. Even with XBAI a 1:1 calculation mostly leads to victory of the HP. A sally was a bad AI decision in this case, because it leads to early death of their general and annihilation and at last a reduction of siege battles throughout the campaign. For my taste a good CAI should never attack unless the odds are against HP. Otherwise withdraw and try to defend the castle or high ground.

Anyway we easily entered the city that way and sacked it for 30k. With this money we will wear down Milan after short. So of course in a VH campaign it is all a matter of timing. Best wait until a nation attacks a neighbour and take advantage. It would be formidable to teach the AI such an behaviour. e.g. a HP player attacking a neighbour should increase the likeliness of other AI factions to attack the HP. I even attacked and killed the Pope and his army as it crossed our path on the road to Milan. This is a great affront to the world and should lead to war declaration from any nation in papal favour... but it never happens.

Our relations with France and Denmark aren't so well and they formed an alliance recently and are quite a threat since my main forces are bound south. I am curious if they dare go against me.

I am having quite a good time with this mod once again, but not enough of it to test more deeply. As you can see on the diplomacy screenshots there is a lot more overall "action" going on than in previous versions.

Here are some pictures from my campaign. First one shows the picture missing for the galley.
    Last edited by Patokay; February 07, 2009 at 06:26 AM.

My general critique: I think that the AI does only involve one army into the calculation wether or not to sally out even if there are more beseiging it. Also the garrison script encourages it to think they are strong enough to do so. Even with XBAI a 1:1 calculation mostly leads to victory of the HP. A sally was a bad AI decision in this case, because it leads to early death of their general and annihilation and at last a reduction of siege battles throughout the campaign. For my taste a good CAI should never attack unless the odds are against HP. Otherwise withdraw and try to defend the castle or high ground.
    This is a good point, I would like to try and restict the AI from sallying out when under siege if possible. Clearly it has a better chance of a win if it defends its fortifications instead.

Dave

MiiKLL's Avatar Semisalis

@ Patrick West... A issue I see with all AIs is that the AI rarely sieges with 2 armies at the same time. Sure they will have multiple armies next to the city/castle, but rarely is the second or third army actually siegeing. So you are correct that the AI doesn't factor the non-sieging reinforcments into the calculations for when to sally-out.

This is a good point, I would like to try and restict the AI from sallying out when under siege if possible. Clearly it has a better chance of a win if it defends its fortifications instead.
    @ Dave... I know you are still using Lusted's CAI in the 3.8 Beta, what you might do is play with this line in the " descr_campaign_db.xml " file at the bottom...

<ai>
    <!-- PRIEST CONTROLLER -->
    <priest_religion_min float="0.5"/> <!-- if religion < religion_min then region needs a priest -->
    <priest_religion_max float="0.6"/> <!-- if religion >= religion_max then a priest can be taken from this region for other missions -->
    <priest_heresey_min float="0.05"/> <!-- if heresey >= heresey_min then region needs a priest -->
    <priest_heresey_max float="0.3"/> <!-- if heresey >= heresey_max then region needs a priest with highest priority -->
    <priest_religion_export float="0.5"/> <!-- if my religion in foreign region < religion_export then then we will export our religion in this region -->
    <priest_max_prod_turns float="5.0"/>
    <att_str_modifier float="0.8"/> <!-- modifies the effective attackers strength when determining the priority of making attack decision (i.e. att_def_strength_ratio = ((att_str*att_str_modifier)/def_str) -->
    <siege_att_str_modifier float="0.30"/> <!-- modifies the effective sieging attackers strength when determining the priority of making attack decision -->
    <crusade_att_str_modifier float="1.0"/> <!-- modifies the effective crusading sieging attackers strength when determining the priority of making attack decision -->
    <sally_att_str_modifier float="1.0"/> <!-- modifies the effective sallying attackers strength when determining the priority of making attack decision -->
    <ambush_att_str_modifier float="1.0"/> <!-- modifies the effective ambushing attackers strength when determining the priority of making attack decision -->
    <str_limit_weak float="0.5"/> <!-- min ideal strength ratio modifier for determining when an army is far too weak for an attack ( att_def_strength_ratio < (ideal_str_ratio*str_limit_weak) ) -->
    <str_limit_strong float="99.0"/> <!-- max ideal strength ratio modifier for determining when an army is far too strong for a fair attack ( att_def_strength_ratio > (ideal_str_ratio*str_limit_strong) ) -->
    <merchant_min_survival_acquire int="75"/> <!-- the minimum survival chance for a merchant to consider attempting an acquisition -->
    </ai>

Though, one side affect may be that the AI never sallys and is always starved into submission.

"Nothing is more destructive than the charge of artillery on a crowd."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Patokay's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by MiiKLL View Post
    Though, one side affect may be that the AI never sallys and is always starved into submission.
    True! But still better than "handing over" the settlement right away. Also the AI might try and attack the besiegers with a second force.
    Besides can't you enter a command which tells the AI to sally in any case on the last turn before the city starves?