Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How-to: Setup your mod to have more than 2 turns per year

Ramashan's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: How-to: Setup your mod to have more than 2 turns per year

Quote Originally Posted by Fulminatrix View Post
    ok another problem its gets winter every 3 turns it's suppose to be once every 12turns based on my script.... -_- help me pls....
    Can you post the code for the first 4 or 5 turns?
    Under the Patronage of Lord Condormanius

its in xtypgenerator u can make one there... anyway i finaly found out whats wrong... each time i load there is still a cycle of winter summer that resets before the script is activated. So therefore u should place marker to save and load only everysummer time skipping one turn for everyturn because that other turn is a winter when u load it. Or to make it safe only save game in the last month when its winter so that when it loads it would still be winter even without the script activated. Because in vanilla it seems it can't revert the winter back to summer unlike in EB.

vermicious knid's Avatar Ducenarius

Having a problem with the scriptgen2.exe, for the four turns per year script, not being compatible with windows 7 64-bit. Are there any solutions?

ok i have done this before, had it working all nice....then there was a corruption with a mod, so i had to delete everything. so now, i cant seem to get it back. there seems to be a problem as soon as i put the first section into the export_descr_advice file. i cant imagine ill get a response but

Hello:

Thanks House Of Halm for let us know this (although the post, have his time).

A question:

To me it seems boring to play 5 rounds of summer and one winter (I've seen scripts of 6 turns as well) ... is a personal taste... I prefer two winters, and two summers 2 per year.

But ... as you seen in the first post, 2 winters in a year, cause the named_characthers will have 2 years old, within 1 year (I already have proven, though I am not an expert... so my question).

It is logical that the player will pretend, I think, more realistic and not going to like it if the character fulfills years in the same year 2 times... always ends a winter ... the character's birthday, and no matter if what comes after it's winter or summer.

Why then the generator asks how many winters you want, per year? ... If 2 winters in a year (even if they are placed back to back) cause such a failure?

thank you in advance for any response.

HouseOfHam's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Archaeopterix View Post
    Hello:

Thanks House Of Halm for let us know this (although the post, have his time).

A question:

To me it seems boring to play 5 rounds of summer and one winter (I've seen scripts of 6 turns as well) ... is a personal taste... I prefer two winters, and two summers 2 per year.

But ... as you seen in the first post, 2 winters in a year, cause the named_characthers will have 2 years old, within 1 year (I already have proven, though I am not an expert... so my question).

It is logical that the player will pretend, I think, more realistic and not going to like it if the character fulfills years in the same year 2 times... always ends a winter ... the character's birthday, and no matter if what comes after it's winter or summer.

Why then the generator asks how many winters you want, per year? ... If 2 winters in a year (even if they are placed back to back) cause such a failure?

thank you in advance for any response.
    As I said before, aging happens during the change from winter to summer. As long as you only have this change once per year, characters will age normally.

(Kак Я уже упоминал, старение происходит когда сезон меняется с зимы на лето. При условии что это изменение происходит только раз в год, члены семьи стареют как должны.)
    RTR website/SVN admin

- Settlement coordinate locator -for RTW/M2TW
    - EDB Validator v1.2.8 (Oct 16, 2012) - for RTW/M2TW
    - RTW scripting tutorials
    - n-turns per year script generator

Quote Originally Posted by HouseOfHam View Post
    As I said before, aging happens during the change from winter to summer. As long as you only have this change once per year, characters will age normally.

(Kак Я уже упоминал, старение происходит когда сезон меняется с зимы на лето. При условии что это изменение происходит только раз в год, члены семьи стареют как должны.)
    Yes, sorry, you´re right I had not noticed the detail... although, european seasons, they are complicate a bit... the winter months, in Europe, happen since September until March (aproximately). With which I have a winter at the end of a year, and another to start the next... hence my error. It is now more clear.

I'll try to fix the "visible" part (during the game, I provide the player a message to let him know in what year and what time is... how to do Arthurian TW, I liked that), in advisor messages.

And many thanks for the complimentary language ... but I speak spanish, not russian (I'm argentine )

My thanks for the reply, Best Regards .
    Last edited by Archaeopterix; October 20, 2011 at 03:57 PM.

HouseOfHam, your tutorial on post 1 of this thread is super! +Rep
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

This script saved me a huge amount of time for generation and troubleshooting. Thanks!

Hi, i'm sorry for ultra necro posting but the link for the script generator is broken. I wonder if anyone could re upload it or share the download from their own modding library.

I have the program to generate the script. I could send to you a download link.

ROME TOTAL REALISM ANABASIS FORUM: HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Solon de Atenas View Post
    Por favor envíalo Solon.

I will do it by discrod, ok?

Si, por favor

I don´t know who you are on Discord, I´m @Solon.

Roman Soldier's Avatar Civis

Could you please give me the link here? I don't use Discord.

Here it go.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here it go.
    Very nice, thanks for the link! Just about to try and make some mods 4tpy

EDIT: Sorry, isn't this supposed to be a .bat file? I'm asking because I can't seem to get the .exe working for some reason (something to do with Java?). I already tried tips in first post of thread. My point is if the script generator is a .bat file, I can try to edit some parts of it so I can get it fixed as some other user reported. Would help me immensely
    Last edited by Octavius-Augustus; May 28, 2020 at 08:11 AM. Reason: .exe file and not .bat file?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123