Thread: awsome mod. Post empires

jedi121212's Avatar Libertus

Default awsome mod. Post empires

this is one of my favorite mods. I would like to see how other peoples empires are.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: awsome mod. Post empires

Don't have any empire pics for you, but I'm pleasantly surprised that the campaign isn't as linear as I originally thought it would be.

The Last Campaign I had was with the Hittites I had conquered almost all of Asia Minor. that was days ago though I havent been able to play it.
    Last edited by jedi121212; June 08, 2008 at 01:46 PM.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I started a campaign as the Trojans, but I keep getting that CTD and can't continue it at the moment. I have the patch, but I'm waiting on confirmation on how exactly to impliment it.

I just copied and pasted the files from the patch.

I would post here if I could get screenshots to work

I know how to take them and have FRAPS and x-fire which are supposed to be able to take them but nothing works.

I will let my Aleyshan diplomat speak for me, without screenshots, I'm afraid

"Lord ! Lord!", I spoke in greeting to King Dosithios.

"Great Lord, is preferable, as indeed you know, Teleuphos ", he paused, indicating his guards to depart to the corridor.

Here in Thrake Odrysike, it was not cold at this time of year, but King Dosithios had ordered braziers to be lit as a show of his wealth, and my aging body was appreciative of these and the fine Dardanian wine provided by his new slaves.

"Go on, then, speak, spinner of tales. You've been wanting to since you arrived and it’s only a fine grip on my 'kingly behaviour' that has kept you quiet. News ! News ! What news of Aleysha and my good friend King Teti ?"

"Great Lord, the news is both grim and uplifting " Dosithios, humphed at that, but kept his peace. He knew that I always was the cautious one, but this time, I had, indeed, bad news to give.

"King Teti is dead, Great Lord. He rides with Kummarbi on the plains of Heaven, no more to grace this mortal world"

"Dead ?! This cannot be so ? Only yesterday, my priests spoke of good news from the East, and yet you bring this ? How did he die ? Who is the the new king ? Have you met him ? Quick, my patience tires"

"Great Lord, the new king is Peribsen and we have both met him. He is a great leader despite his 82 years and the news of him is indeed wonderful. Three great battles and two cities fell to him in the last campaign season, and even more, he personally slew Shulme the Amazon Queen in single combat outside the walls of Themiskyra in the last days of the siege. Some say they saw Kummarbi himself guiding his sword, as if he knew that the old king was taken and this was his crowning. I did not see this, of course, but the portents were awe-inspiring that day."

"The Amazonian Queen, dead too ? and a new successsor ?" Dosithios look shocked as he asked the expected questions.

"No, Great Lord. Two days before ,General Muttawilis knew of the Princesss’ whereabouts from a traitorous guard, and had met the Princess Ashur and her army in battle by the River Tummana . He gain the victory. Her troops fled and she fought on with her guard alone into the dusk. The Aleyshan horse-archers kept up their rain of death and she fell at the last, prickled with arrows, like a sea urchin in a flood of blood. General Muttawilis brought this news to the city along with that of good king Teti's death. Bad tidings with the good, as is the balance of nature."

"Balance ? Ha ! There is no balance here, Thrace shall dominate in the West and share this green land with no-one. But there were more Amazon lands than Themiskyra. What of Amastis ? and of Kytora the mysterious ? Did they fall ?"

"Amastis fell almost 6 months ago, to a fast and efficient assault from Peribsen. He hired many mercenaries, and with his spies ensconced in the city it is said he had rumours of the Queen's infidelities spread and this caused the population to rise up with his attack. Rumours only, Great Lord"

"Rumours, indeed. Queen Shulme was hardly a star in the Amazonian sky. Maybe a rugged mountain to climb after a long time away from home. A long time indeed !" He shrugged and paused to think. "Zaloa ?"

"Peribsen again, Great Lord, and only weeks before Themiskyra fell. He moved with such speed, and co-ordinated with General Muttawilis, such that victory was assured. Only one lost battle by a Captain guarding one of the Tummana fords, and that was beneficial too as he had kept Princess Ashur on the wrong side of the river for long enough. He recovers from his wounds in Amaseia now and is lauded by the people there, since he had defended it against Queen Ashur the previous season."

"A great general, then this Peribsen. He heads for Sephelkhos to be crowned ?"

"No, Great Lord. He rides to Amastris. The wicked Trojans learned of his absence from the city and fell on it in great numbers. The mercenaries left there barely resisted and their reward was freedom. Sephelkos is no longer the capital, if you remember, Great Lord. Teti was never a great sea-lover, and moved it inland to Ikonion and his favoured mountains. Before I left, I heard that the Trojans were marching there too"

"The Trojans....you keep this news to last ? What of my enemies ?" his eyes sparkled with anticipation.

"Great Lord, they prosper. The great King Teti was killed by them at the siege of Pessinos"

"Seige ? Which one, the Trojans have buzzed around that city like bees for the past 5 years. Many battles fought, and lost to Teti's brilliant generalship. He will be sorely missed."

"Indeed, Great Lord. Pessinos and Ankyra.. both have seen their share of trouble, The Anatolian plains seemed barren for the Trojans these last years. Until now, that is. Theseos brought a huge army, the biggest yet seen in Anatolia : the ground shook as they marched..."

"Shook." Dosithios interrupted,. "You read those foreign scrolls too much. Aegyptos or Hittite, they talk rather than fight. No wonder the 'Great Hittite Empire' was destroyed : too many scrolls ! They were many men and horses and the battering rams shook the gates, that I can believe, but go on. "

My cup was refreshed, water this time, I indicated, and Dosithios let me continue. "As you say, Great Lord. The gates shook as they were battered time and again. Many assaults on the walls, but this time reinforcements could not save the city. In the final assault, King Teti stood by the temple and called on the gods for strength against the impious Trojans.."

"Impious ? He said that", interjected the King.

"Yes, Great Lord, impious. Tales were told of sorcerers in the camp of the Trojan, Theseos. Foul rituals to gods other than Apollo, who would surely not approve of their doings. The night before the last battle were seen lights, evil sounds of demons and cries of sacrificed children. Theseos is surely damned by these deeds. He gained the city but with so much blood. Innocent blood, stains longer than henna, and ten times as red. The Amazonians at Themiskyra reported that Pallas Athene's statue wept tears for the children. They knew not why when it happened, and thought that she was angry with them, but now they realise it was for Aleyshan children : too early sent to their deaths by cruel Theseos." I stopped and observed the king. He shook too, and not from the weight of armies. I thought of the stone tears I had seen dried on the temple statues. Truly, I believed Athene was a wonderful goddess.

After a while, the King spoke. "There is truly no innocent blood among men,' he said, "but children ? to be sacrificed so. I am not the most religious of men, but I shall pray tonight and will order cleansing rituals to take place in temples tomorrow. Our gods shall set upon these Trojans and teach them respect!"

He called in the guard, and gave his orders to bring the High Priest to him, even at this late hour. As we waited he commented "I always thought King Skorophagos to be an honourable man. He would not allow this. How long, Teleuphos, has he ruled? Is he weakening , do you think ? Time for direct action ? "

I paused to consider. " Great Lord, this is the 30th year of your illustrious rule, King Teti reigned for the same span of years, but Skorophagos has ruled but 18. He came late to his father's throne, though, and is old, more than 60, I believe. Now, he has a fondness for a quieter life. He no longer lives in the capital, Magnesia, but on the islands. Maybe his son, Dionysis, is gaining control. He is known as a.." I sought for the words, "...less-considerate man."

"Less-considerate ? " I could see the amusement in his eyes "Those scrolls and their foreign words. You mean he cares little for honour, and more for power, however it is gained. Finish your tale. This 'old man' seeks his bed and sleep too"

"Of course, Great Lord. The Trojans assaulted at dawn, as Pessinos gave its morning prayers. The reports were of vicious fighting on all walls as the Teti's Palace Guard fought back..."

Dosithios leant forward "The mysterious Guards ? The Shakalashans ? Now that would truly have been a fine sight. Teti brought them with him the only time we met ! "

"Yes, Great Lord, the Shakalashans from Pisidia, great is their fame. They fought and died defending their King on the steps of the temple as he roared for vengeance from Kummarbi, then ran into the crowds of Appollonian spearmen, cutting and slashing, until, surrounded by them all he refused to drop his sword.
    They say that the archers finally crippled him and brought him to Theseos. His sorcerers cut Tetis' throat and spilled the blood on the temple steps with great cursing"

Dosithios put up his hand to stop me . "Yes," he said, "Vengeance is the realm for all gods, and Kummarbi will provide it" He nodded for me to continue.

"There is little more to tell, Great Lord", I added. " The Trojans now sit in Pessinos and doubtless plan their attacks on Ankyra. I have heard that Peribsen has ordered new levies from Hattusha, and that the conquered Amazonians will also provide troops. They will be needed as the Trojan Alkaios also fought a great battle, with more honour that Theseos, and defeated mighty Krytos in the Isaurian hills. Krytos fell back towards Perge to regroup and ready the coast for the attack. The capital is now under threat, so no doubt Peribsen will order it moved again. Maybe at last I will be back in Enkimion and I can return there for my final days ? " I had little time to reflect as Dosiothos pounced on this last news.

"In the Isaurian Hills ? He used chariots again : he is obsessed with them. It is not good there. You need plain ground to manoeuvre them. Infantry ! Spearman ! How I long to set my Thracians against the Trojan might !" He stopped and gathered his wine " See this ?" he was gesturing with his silver goblet "Does it not taste good ? Dardanian. Yes, my troops move toward the last stronghold of that Kingdom. It tastes sweet now, but when Sestos falls, nothing will compare to the taste of honeyed wine and tender figs that will be served to me there !
    Enough for now. I will view your strange papyrus pictures tomorrow that shows the extent of the new king Peribsen's realms, and we shall decide what shall be done about the Trojans. Quick, gather yourself and off to your Isis. She will do more to salve your travel scars than any wine, and have a more lasting effect too, no doubt." He smiled at me, taking my cup ( stone, I should add, for silver was not for me ) with his own hands.

I would have stayed to talk more, but the guards had been waiting for some time on the threshold of the room, seemingly unwilling to interrupt, as they too overheard the fall of Pessinos and the last fight of King Teti : it would be all over the city by dawn, no doubt, just as the king wanted.

The guard, Orrhos, I recalled, we had spoken of Thracian tactics many times when we met in the wineshop near the palace, guided the High Priest in and withdrew with me.

"Teleuphos", he said, "It is good to see you back, and with such news ! Is there more ? Can I hear it ?"

"Surely, Orrhos, but tomorrow. Lunchtime at the Wild Boar wineshop to catch up with events here in Thrace. It will be good to talk with you"

He agreed and left me to go back to his duties.

It was a long walk through streets back to my house, but worthwhile.

I knew Isis would be waiting with far more than Dardanian wine, sweet or not, to greet me with.

If this works ? Aleysha 3124 BC

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Minoan Empire - summer 3141 years ago.....

I am currently at war with Troy and Sparta and they are both on the way out. Not just down to me though!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Ferret View Post
    I would post here if I could get screenshots to work

I know how to take them and have FRAPS and x-fire which are supposed to be able to take them but nothing works.
    Does nothing appear in the folder that you've pointed the screen prints to? When you have the game running do you have the frame count shown on screen? When I press the PF key I have set up I think I get a 'click' and the number gets a white background.

Failing that use CTRL+ALT+PrintScreen and paste into GIMP or PAINT.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    If this works ? Aleysha 3124 BC
    Yes, it works. The easier way is to use something to host the image and then include the link in this post.

You can use photobucket (www.photobucket.com) or imageshack (www.imageshack.us).

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Intriguing...Seems to show that Thrace is a strong player in TTW. They have been front runners in a couple of my games. When I played as them, I too, dominated, and reached a showdown with Aleysha, that I never pursued, and have now lost the save game.

I actually think that Thrace won't make it : it does not have a balanced enough approach, but that is just a hunch. Their elite troops are good, but I think others are better.

Minoa, I have never played properly, but it does look interesting.

In my current game, I am having a difficult time against Troy with cities changing hands regularly. My economy is also suffering, being negative at times as well ! Doesn't help.

I am surprised that Troy builds such good troops, so I have to change my policy and create specific armies to take cities and cut off the flow of troops into Central Anatolia. Of coure my diplomat can explain things in a much more interesting way...
    Last edited by Nicodemus; June 20, 2008 at 04:30 PM.

wow, I'm very surprised that the Trojans are doing so well in your campaigns when they're AI controlled. in most of my campaigns Troy gets sacked by the other AIs early when I'm playing a Greek faction, if I'm with the Hittites, Lycians or something than I whipe the Trojans myself and in my Trojan campaign I was just blitzing everything, until I got stuck because each time I try to end the turn I get a CTD

anyway, here's my Trojan empire that I managed to build until I got stuck...