Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Warg presentation ?

Default Warg presentation ?

Now we are pretty sure wargs will be in the mod , the problem i have is how will they be presented ?

My thoughts are

A) they near as fast as horses so they should be around the same speed ,

B) but they should have less "armor" as horse has broader muscles so less hit points for wargs than horses

C) wargs should have less charge value than horses (cause of the above and wargs dont get armor on like swan knights)

D) Wargs riders should have a secondary attack (since most calvary units in game will have them) , but im not saying an orce with a lance on a warg , but what i have in mind is a "invisible" lance on the unit (the unit is mostly sword welding) so when they "charge" they get extra attack values so to present that wargs DO BITE XD

But then if the mod team can add new animations to their bites , it will be more awesome

E) warg riders unit should get "scare horse / infantry " trait (same fro other creatures of middle earth XD)

F) warg riders should be much cheaper in upkeep and price than most calvary units (well they should feed them from war prisoners and on the battlefield straight away anyway XD)

PS: i was wondering wouldn't be logical if orcs take large capitals like Minas Tirith , they would make good use of the armorer there ? then would wargs wore armor ? heavy warg rider ? XD
    Last edited by whitewolfmxc; June 04, 2008 at 06:22 AM.

Mithrandir's Avatar Flame of Anor

Default Re: Warg presentation ?

Hehe, Heavy Warg Riders

Just one thing: the wargs should scare infantry as well. Imagine, 100 huge, bloodthirsty wargs are charging towards you. Wouldn't that scare the crap out of you?

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

Glorfindel's Avatar Centenarius

rohirim cavalry must also scare infantry (and other extra powerful cavalry like Dol Amrothian one), Dunendain Rangers too
    Glorfindel, the Lord of the House of the Golden Flower

...Glorfindel was tall and straight, his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy, his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music, on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was strength...

... the Elven-wise, lords of the Eldar from beyond the furthest seas. They do not fear the Ringwraiths, for those who have dwelt in the Blessed Realm live at once in both worlds, and against both the Seen and the Unseen they have great power...

Don't forget trolls and mûmakil, those are really scary...

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

But you guys overall agree on my thoughts on them right ?

PS: yes yes all "creatures" in LOTR should be scary to men on foot or on horse XD even ents XD

Yeah, Treebeard is one scary dude (if you're an orc or uruk-hai).

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

@ whitewolf

I agree with your ideas on wargs. But I don't think that heavily armoured wargs are possible.
    L'union fait la force. Eendracht maakt macht.
    Their name liveth for evermore

I think he was joking about that part

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

Kaas's Avatar Civis

off topic:

Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
    rohirim cavalry must also scare infantry (and other extra powerful cavalry like Dol Amrothian one), Dunendain Rangers too
    But they should increase your own morale. I think i would have increase morale when elite rohirrim cavalry is defending my rear.

Varjon's Avatar Praepositus

I think it would increase moral even if you would have light haradrim cavalry defending your rear. So I think it should scare enemy, not increase morale of your troops.

Glorfindel's Avatar Centenarius

yeah, aragorn is scary with his titanic sword (=dunedain)
    Glorfindel, the Lord of the House of the Golden Flower

...Glorfindel was tall and straight, his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy, his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music, on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was strength...

... the Elven-wise, lords of the Eldar from beyond the furthest seas. They do not fear the Ringwraiths, for those who have dwelt in the Blessed Realm live at once in both worlds, and against both the Seen and the Unseen they have great power...

bingster088's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
    yeah, aragorn is scary with his titanic sword (=dunedain)
    agreed
    Assistant to the regional manager.

I think all these bonuses are gonna get out of control...If having elite troops on your side raises morale, shouldn't the Orcs having a troll raise theirs? It would just be easier to give someone a trait like "commands the Rohirrim"
    or "Troll-Keeper" that adds to the General's dread/chivalry.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

The Big Red 1's Avatar Primicerius

yes.
    HONEY I AM HOME

VERY good ideas here
    Movie maker for the Third Age Total War

A secondary attack would be great, but it can't be too powerful. There has to be a way to animate wargs to make it look like they are attacking... just not sure if there is a way to time that with the actual attack going off.

Iustinianos's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cursed View Post
    I think all these bonuses are gonna get out of control...If having elite troops on your side raises morale, shouldn't the Orcs having a troll raise theirs? It would just be easier to give someone a trait like "commands the Rohirrim"
    or "Troll-Keeper" that adds to the General's dread/chivalry.
    I agree with that. It's a much better idea then increasing morale/fear with the units whenever they come close to the enemy. However I do think that trolls/Nazgul/Mumak should create fear with the enemy, it should be the same as with Elephants and chariots in RTW.
    It looks bad in the newspapers and upsets civilians at their breakfast...

sirfiggin's Avatar Senator

Just thinking about how a giant wolf would behave when it's being ridden, the animations would have to be different in versions after the beta release... more confident than horses, remember that the wargs allowed the orcs to ride them, they hadn't been broken like horses, and a warg charge would be different, maybe even a sort of pounce, can't remember seeing them charge in the films, does tolkien make any detailed reference?

They did charge in the film , didnt they all jump right before impact with teh horses ? i assume its to reduce the impact of the horses charge on them and also give a better chance to first bite on them

The Sixth Wizard's Avatar Semisalis

Can we have a separate warg unit spring up? Wargs were pretty smart, certainly much smarter than horses. They could attack without riders or come without riders as rebel stacks. Remember the Fell Winter of wolves in the Shire? http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/f/fellwinter.html
    Last edited by The Sixth Wizard; June 06, 2008 at 04:53 AM.
    Third Age: Total War! (!!!!)

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast