Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: RTR - Downloads and Mod Index

Default RTR - Downloads and Mod Index

Downloads and Mod Index

All problems and corrections can be send to Maurits,Caligula Caesar or Kepper.

Content:
    Click to jump to the topic

Rome Total Realism's History:
    By Quinn Inuit
    Chart

Rome Total Realism VII:
    By RTR Team
    RTR VII is the final product of the RTR Team on the RTW platform. It is set in the Western part of the world, with a map stretching from Iberia to the western part of Asia Minor. As a team, we have worked hard to introduce new gameplay challenges, especially at the strategic level, without compromising the open-ended campaign feel. The player will have to master the strategy of the larger map, as well as systems of political integration and economy which have been reworked since FoE.
    Official RTW: BI 1.6 Update - Download

Submods Forum

Rome Total Realism VII - Fate of Empires 1.4:
    By RTR Team
    RTR VII - Fate of Empires (FoE) is a mod set in the Western Mediterranean during the era of the Punic Wars. As a team, we have worked hard to introduce new gameplay challenges, especially at the strategic level, without compromising the open-ended campaign feel. The player will have to master new ways of settlement integration, economic development and expansion and, additionally, face tough challenges in the form of financial crises and hostile invasions, which will occur throughout the entire period covered by the mod.
    Official RTW: BI 1.6 Update - Download (full FoE 1.1 installer) - FOE v1.4 Patch
    OilConsumer's Addon V2.1
    By [user]OilConsumer[/user]
    After Years of editing mods for my own enjoyment I have decided to share my edits with the public! This Addon brings fixes and extended features to RTR-FOE. This is only intended to touch the surface of FOE and is not a in-depth modification.
    Download (instal. instructions)

FoE Forced Diplomacy Addon
    By Caligula Caesar
    I made a force diplomacy addon, so those that are frustrated by the AI being plain stupid can at least make the AI declare a ceasefire now. You generally need to give them 100 denari first, though, and they won't give you something they can't give.

Rome Total Realism VII - The Iberian Conflict Gold (1.2):
    By RTR Team
    RTR VII - The Iberian Conflict (TIC) is the first "mini"-campaign in a line on its way to the final release of Rome Total realism VII.
    TIC is concentrated on the struggle between Celtiberia and Carthage, both fighting for the domination of the Iberian Peninsula. This campaign is full with difficult missions that can make or break your succes.
    Official RTW: BI 1.6 Update - Download (various mirrors) - Patch (Gold, 1.2)
    New Power
    By [user]Kepper[/user]
    Kepper, one of RTR's intrepid beta testers, has been working on a little project of his own, New Power, which is a modification of The Iberian Conflict (TIC) 1.1. This new mini mod includes several new regions and adds more playable factions to the mix, including a horde!

Major RTR Submods:
    by the RTR Community

Extended Realism Mod 3.4 (ExRM)
    By Quinn Inuit
    This RTRPE-based mod is designed to provide a more challenging experience utilizing BI gameplay options and a complete readjustment of building costs/times. You'll also find a number of new AoR units, three additional factions, and a long list of add-ons and optimizations.
    Download - Download - Culture Shock Add-On

Fortuna Orbis 0.61 (FO)
    By Caligula Caesar
    Fortuna Orbis is a mod based on RTR which aims to provide a game to the standard of RTR-VII on a full map, stretching from Britain to India, with high quality units, a fully-fledged Indian faction, and other innovations. It is currently an open Beta, with frequent patches adding more material.
    Download and Installation Instructions

Rome Total Realism - Platinum "-Mod switch":
    By the RTR community
    RTR-PE 1.9 -mod switch a version that installs into its own folder and does not overwrite any of the original files, so it can co-exist in the same install with other -mod-switch-based mods.
    Official RTW: BI 1.6 Update - Download

Ancient Empires (AE)
    By Limes
    No information.
    Download & Patch - Download - Patch

Imperator II
    By LestaT
    Like what Bouis did with his Roma mod for RTR 5.41, Imperator II is a minimod of Rome base on RTR Platinum Edition (v1.9), playable only for Roman faction . The game starts at 280 BC, during which Rome was under threat of invasion from Pyrrhus of Epirus, and ends as late as 180 AD, utilizing the 4 turns per year script. The idea of this mod is to make Roman more harder and difficult to play that regular RTR version.
    Download

Metropolis & Naval Mod 1.9 (MNM)
    By Maced0n
    This mod is based upon Metropolis_Mod 1.2 By Chaotica, Naval_Mod 2.0 BY Desaix and Marcus Camillus' 4 turns per year mod.
    Download - Download

AqD's RTR mod 2.5
    By AqD
    AqD's RTR Mod is based on RTR-PE with an improved battle system and over 80 new units, including expanded eastern AOR and remade unit rosters for Armenians, Bactrians, Parthians, Pontus, and Seleucid. The mod requires RTW-Alexander.
    Download

Rome Total Realism - Platinum:
    By RTR community
    RTR-PE is a community based conversion of RTR 6 Gold and includes number of bug fixes, as well as all of Gold’s original features. While designed for use with the R:TW 1.5 engine, it can also be used with RTW-BI 1.6. Currently in its 1.9 incarnation it has also served as the foundation for a number of other mods.
    Official RTW: BI 1.6 Update - Download - Optional Addons

Custom Mod 11
    By peterofnj
    No information.
    Download - Patch

Music ReMix Mod 1.1
    By Marcus Camillus
    No information.
    Download - Download

4tpy Mod 1.9.6
    By Marcus Camillus
    No information.
    Download

Player Formations Mod
    By Marcus Camillus
    No information.
    Download

All units in custom battles
    By Florin80
    It is an add-on that makes all aor units available in custom battles for all factions.
    Download

EuroAsia Total Realism 0.1
    By Svramj
    This mod adds a new faction, The Mauryans Empire, In the Indian regions. With Loads of new Units. Feel the trembling noise of the Indian Chariots and Elephants in the Hellenistic nations.
    Download - Download - Patch

Mauryan Expansion
    By Vikrant
    This is a minimod of Rome for RTR Platinum Edition (v1.6), roman brutii faction has been converted into a fully loaded mauryan faction {with unique culture,new units ,a family tree etc} no change of vanilla rtr plat gameplay
    Download

Mighty Mini Mod 2.0
    By Quinn Inuit
    Under construction
    Download No support

Hic Sunt Dracones
    By JoeyJubb
    A complete enhancement mod; introducing unit abilities from BI, hording ability from BI, realistic animations for your units and some minor aesthetically enhancing changes. Designed espicially to enhance RTRPE 1.7 (ie not 1.9), rather than change it.
    Download

Roman Faction Mod 2
    By SnakeIV
    No information.
    Download - Download

Heirs of Atlantis II
    By Arbaces
    A very long while ago I created a concept which had it's first purpose to improve the Dacian faction from RTR but also extending to other tweaks to the gameplay. This concept started right after RTR 6.0 Vanilla (not Gold) came out, initially named Dacia Total History, then renamed to Heirs of Atlantis from my very own pride and from Platon's statements and Mircea Eliade's analysis. The improvements to the Dacian faction are an attempt to increase the player's interest on the Dacian culture which was neither greek, nor celtic, nor germanic though these influences existed as well as many others. Above all the northern Thracians had their own unique culture.
    Download - Download

Candelarius' Tweaks
    By Candelarius
    This mini-mod for RTRPE is a simple collection of bug fixes and tweaks that I use when I play RTRPE. Some new people may find this useful since it has all the available hotfixes in one simple zip file.
    Download

Rome Total Realism - Gold:
    By RTR Team
    RTR 6 Gold was a major milestone in the history of modifications for Rome: Total War, and was one of the first complete overhauls of the game. Designed for R:TW patched to 1.2, it was developed by the Rome Total Realism team and its main aim was to provide a more immersing experience, achieved by adopting a more realistic approach to the game and, at the time, included a number of unique and revolutionary features.
    Official RTW 1.2 Update - Download - Music Addon

Other mods related to RTR:
    By many
    In this section you can find other mods that ones started under the RTR banner but have grown to fully independent modifications.
    Ancient Empires Elysium
    By Limes
    Ancient Empires Elysium (AEE - for RTW-BI 1.6) is the successor mod of Ancient Empires (AE), which can be found under the RTR PE section of this index. It covers the period of 280 BC all the way to 243 AD! People that have played AE, will see many improvements have been made since then. If you're new to AEE, then you're in for a real feast of action!

Rome: Total War - Patches:
    Rome: Total War support section

Patch 1.2
    RTW only. Not needed when you own the Barbarian Invasion.
    Download
    Patch 1.3
    RTW only. Not needed when you own the Barbarian Invasion expansion pack.
    Download (English) - Download (French) - Download (German)
    Download (Spanish) - Download (Italian)
    Patch 1.5
    RTW only. Not needed when you own the Barbarian Invasion expansion pack.
    Read Me - Download
    Patch 1.6

Note:
    For modleaders and new mods
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    New mods: If you are the leader of a new RTR submod or a RTR submod that is not listed above... PM Maurits,Caligula Caesar or Kepper with the following information:
    1. Name of modleader or/and team
    2. Mod name
    3. Mod version (if any)
    4. Some information about your mod
      example:
      The mod aims to create an even more realistic environment based on RTR - one that can allow you to build, rather than limit, a vast empire regardless of the faction and culture. It incorporates many realistic features and "What If"s in order to achieve the goal. The mod requires RTW-Alexander or RTW-BI to play.
    5. Link to download section
    6. Link to your "Public Profile"

New mod info: If you are the leader of a mod in the list above and you notice that there is old or no information at all about your mod... PM Maurits,Caligula Caesar or Kepper with the following information:
    2. Mod name
    3. Some information about your mod
      example:
      The mod aims to create an even more realistic environment based on RTR - one that can allow you to build, rather than limit, a vast empire regardless of the faction and culture. It incorporates many realistic features and "What If"s in order to achieve the goal. The mod requires RTW-Alexander or RTW-BI to play.

New mod version: If you are the leader of a mod in the list above and there is a new version of your mod available for download... PM Maurits,Caligula Caesar or Kepper with the following information:

2. Mod name
    3. New mod name*
    4. Mod version
    5. Some information about your mod
      example:
    6. new link to download section*

* Optional

Any other problems or suggestions? Contact Maurits,Caligula Caesar or Kepper

Last edited by Caligula Caesar; September 19, 2012 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Updated

Default Re: RTR - Mod Index

Updated

Default Re: RTR - Downloads and Mod Index

Pat, I think the links to the BI 1.6 patch may be dead
    Semi-Retired RTR Developer and Researcher
    Dont get into a fight if there is nothing to win

The one at the end of post 1 works for sure...

I'll replace the ones which donnot work asap! Thanks

Edit:
    They all seem to work for me? (Simply left-click and the download will start straight away)
    Does anyone else have this problem?
    Last edited by Pat89; December 19, 2008 at 06:37 PM.

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

All the patches but the 1.2 one work for me......

K great

Only I can't find any working link of the 1.2

Does someone else have one?

This one works for me.

Thanks Finn

how do I know which are mod foldered and which aren't?
    Caius Valerius Messala
    Patrician

All submods of RTRPE (-mod Switch) are mod switch. TIC is mod switch as well and FoE will be too. All others (RTRPE and RTR Gold including all their submods) are not -mod switch.

(ie the thirst three purple sections are -mod switch and the last two aren't modfoldered )

AncientSoldier's Avatar Tiro

Can someone help me please?When I play RTR platinum 1.9 with the Hic Sunt Dracones mod I always get this message.Plese how do I fix this problem.The mod looks really cool and I want to use it but I can't get it to work proberly.
    Last edited by AncientSoldier; January 06, 2010 at 11:49 AM.

Probably a wrong installation... Make sure you follow the installation instructions correctly

AncientSoldier's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by PatricianS View Post
    Probably a wrong installation... Make sure you follow the installation instructions correctly
    Thanks for answering me but their aren't any real instructions it just tells me to install in the RTR directory and that's it!It installs itself, that's why I'm curious, could go into further detail please I wanna use this mod.

I can't tell you much more than I just did... So if you want to know more, then you better ask in the H.S.D. thread...

Quote Originally Posted by AncientSoldier View Post
    Thanks for answering me but their aren't any real instructions it just tells me to install in the RTR directory and that's it!
    It also tell you that it`s for RTRPE v1.7. Joey disappeared long time ago and the mod has never been made compatible with the latest version of RTRPE(which you have).

Hic Sunt Dracones Enhancement Mod was developed for RTRPE 1.7 and AFAIK was never updated to make it compatible with RTRPE 1.9.

EDIT: florin80 beat me to it....

Thanks Florin/Finn

Added that bit of info about H.S.D. & RTRPE 1.7 to the index

Indefinitely Banned

I'm not familiar with the Hic Sunt Dracones sub-mod but reading the thread that your link took me too suggests that it was designed to be used with RTR-PE version 1.7, and you say that you are using RTR-PE version 1.9. So I think therein lies your problem, one of incompatibility.

Edit

Bugger! Everyone's on the ball and beat me to it tonight!

Don`t tell me we were all typing at the same time...

Talk about overkill!!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast