Page 4 of 121 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: -- Preview of Gondor --

Varjon's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: --Unit Preview--Gondor--

They aren't same models.

bingster088's Avatar Tiro

Hey i have a question on the rangers of Ithilien. I just noticed it now but howcome in that pic. even though there hand is back (indicating there aiming or about to shoot) the bow string looks normal?
    -nothing big, just my picky self...
    Assistant to the regional manager.

Quote Originally Posted by bingster088 View Post
    Hey i have a question on the rangers of Ithilien. I just noticed it now but howcome in that pic. even though there hand is back (indicating there aiming or about to shoot) the bow string looks normal?
    -nothing big, just my picky self...
    this was a bug in m2tw vanilla and kingdoms too
    Movie maker for the Third Age Total War

bingster088's Avatar Tiro

Oohh thanks.
    Assistant to the regional manager.

No problem
    and anyone feel free to correct me if Im wrong
    Movie maker for the Third Age Total War

Kaas's Avatar Civis

I can't wait to crush hordes of orcs with those Swan knights.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

+rep to you KK very nice as always.

edit. rep when i can kk

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

WoW!!!I mean....wow!Damn,that's too good to be true.Great job team.You've done something very good here-first,great looking elves,now great looking gondorians.

If someone convinces me that they should be different, I may change this...:wink:
    You asked for it.Directly from the Lord of the Rings:
    "The Guards of the gate were robed in black, and their helms were of strange shape, high-crowned, with long cheek-guards close-fitting to the face, and above the cheek-guards were set the white wings of sea-birds; but the helms gleamed with a flame of silver, for they were indeed wrought of mithril, heirlooms from the glory of old days. Upon the black surcoats were embroidered in white a tree blossoming like snow beneath a silver crown and many-pointed stars. This was the livery of the heirs of Elendil, and none wore it now in all Gondor, save the Guards of the Citadel before the Court of the Fountain where the White Tree once had grown."
    Otherwise you are right-they are like phalanx and they didn't have shields,at least I can't remember nor find any place in the book that says something else.
    Also if I can make some suggestions-add the Morthond archers.Remember,the ones that led by Duinhir and his sons Duilin and Deurfin with reckless bravery came close to the Mumakiili of the Haradrim and shot them in the eyes and they fell.This was during the Battle of the Pellenor.And there are the men of Lebenin.I don't know mush about them save that they are clad in green and three-hundred of them came to defend the City of Gondor.And they didn't have bows.May be light infantry?

Mithrandir's Avatar Flame of Anor

+Rep!

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

Glorfindel's Avatar Centenarius

does everybody think that Gondorian Infantry look fat? maybe it's the armour or they look fat only on screen...

another thing is that Swan Knights (what a name!) have small shields, beautiful but small

i don't want to be misunderstood=the units are awesome...
    Glorfindel, the Lord of the House of the Golden Flower

...Glorfindel was tall and straight, his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy, his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music, on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was strength...

... the Elven-wise, lords of the Eldar from beyond the furthest seas. They do not fear the Ringwraiths, for those who have dwelt in the Blessed Realm live at once in both worlds, and against both the Seen and the Unseen they have great power...

Erunion Telcontar's Avatar Senator

Beautiful work!

Yes.. I'm still lurking around here.

+Rep for anyone who can translate! (The above)
    Auta i lóme! Aurë entuluva!

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

Excellent work!!!!

I am really interesting to see them in action!!!
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

The Big Red 1's Avatar Primicerius

Great Job Guys. You did an awesome job!
    HONEY I AM HOME

All the units look beautiful, although I personally dislike the bright purple cloaks. I think, to justify not having them, that purple would need to be made from dyes, which were not common at all in Middle Earth. Of course, it could be argued that the purple would show their status and prestige, but I think at least a darker purple or blue would look better and still make them stand out.

Also, I second Eleril's ideas of additional units, especially the archers of Morthond.

Awesome work men.

FREAKIN SWEEEETT!!!!

I am extremely impressed (not that I didn;t expect greatness!!

I hope for Rohan for next preview,
    ps. they are my favourite faction

I have only found images where they wear a dark purple cloak and also no image showed them with a shield, so the citdel guard will work like a phalanx.
    If someone convinces me that they should be different, I may change this...
    You asked for it.Directly from the Lord of the Rings:
    "The Guards of the gate were robed in black, and their helms were of strange shape, high-crowned, with long cheek-guards close-fitting to the face, and above the cheek-guards were set the white wings of sea-birds; but the helms gleamed with a flame of silver, for they were indeed wrought of mithril, heirlooms from the glory of old days. Upon the black surcoats were embroidered in white a tree blossoming like snow beneath a silver crown and many-pointed stars. This was the livery of the heirs of Elendil, and none wore it now in all Gondor, save the Guards of the Citadel before the Court of the Fountain where the White Tree once had grown."
    Well said. In my opinion, the Fountain Guards are the crown jewel unit in the Gondor faction preview. Please give them the black cloaks they're seen wearing in the LotR Motion Picture trilogy.

^^^^^^^^Fountain Guard,not Citadel Guard^^

Also, thanks for not giving the Fountain Guards shields. The size of their polearm would require that they use two hands. Could you also not make them a phalanx-oriented unit please? From what I have researched on the Fountain Guards, they are portrayed as elite/royal guards of the White Tree, and they were never used in large scale battles. Only the Citadel Guards are used to protect Gondorian royalty. So it would be better if you could make the Fountain Guards a Heavy 2h Infantry Unit instead of Spearmen. Reducing their unit size would be good too, since they're guards (perhaps give them the unit size of Hashashims *8-12* men?)

Difference between Fountain Guards and Citadel Guards
    Fountain Guards protects the White Tree of Gondor, while Citadel Guards protect Gondorian royalty.

"....The Citadel Guards carried the weapons of the regular soldier - sword and spear - but like the Fountain Guard they had no shield....The Citadel Guards wore the same outfit as ordinary Gondorian soldiers, but this was enhanced with a gold-edged black tunic worn under the cuirass and a black cloak with gold embroidery; these would have indicated to all their elevated position within the military structure, as would their helmet, which featured a bronze star device on their noseguard and the brass wings that had been riveted on their sides...."
    Anyways, I hope you'll consider my suggestions King Kong : )
    Last edited by Antissa; June 03, 2008 at 09:27 PM.

Oh... now correct me if I am wrong, but the units that are labled citadel guard, seem to be wrong, those aren't citadel guard those are Guards of the Fountain court or Fountain Guards??
    It's not a big deal, and I love the units so far!!

The Big Red 1's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Antissa View Post
    Well said, in my opinion, the Fountain Guards are the crown jewel in this faction preview, and I really think that they should wear a black cape, like they're seen with in the LotR movies, it would really make them appear as fearsome and renowned opponments.

^^^^^^^^Fountain Guard,not Citadel Guard^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Also, it's a good thing you didn't give the Fountain Guards shields. The size of their polearm/glaive would probably require that they use two hands. However, could you please not make them a phalanx-oriented unit? In the books, they're portrayed as elite/royal guards of the White Tree, and was never used in large scale battles. Only the Citadel Guards are used to protect the King. So could you make the Fountain Guards a Heavy 2h Infantry Unit instead of Spearmen? Reducing their unit size would be good too, since they're guards (perhaps give them the unit size of Hashashims *8-12* men?)

Difference between Fountain Guards and Citadel Guards
    Fountain Guards protects the White Tree, while Citadel Guards protects the King,Steward, and royal household of Gondor.

Anyways, it's up to you King Kong
    I think they should have regular unit size just be really expensive. Also I think they should be Phalanx units that have such good armor they can fight heavy Infantry too.

P.S. They should strike fear in enemy Infantry.
    HONEY I AM HOME

Oh... now correct me if I am wrong, but the units that are labled citadel guard, seem to be wrong, those aren't citadel guard those are Guards of the Fountain court or Fountain Guards??
    Correct, the guards who protect the White Tree of Gondor are called the Fountain Guards/Guards of the Fountain Court. There seems to be a common misconception in them being referred to as Citadel Guards.
    Last edited by Antissa; June 03, 2008 at 09:21 PM.