Thread: A thought for the Welsh

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

Default A thought for the Welsh

Hi Dave,

I don't mean to sound annoying, as you probably get many requests similar to this, but Have you given adding Wales to the factions list a thought? I played as Wales in the Britannia Campaign and they were good fun. I also find the history of medieval wales very interesting. After all, the Welsh were descendants of the Britons (King Arthur's mob!).

Great Mod with or without the Welsh, JB.

Default Re: A thought for the Welsh

I have had many many requests to add Wales And while I agree that Wales are a great new faction in Kingdoms. I dont think it is good to have them in this mod. Purely because Britain would then be to over crowded. At the moment I've got it perfect with England, Scotland and Ireland. However not all modders agree with me, there are some mods that do add Wales to the grand campaign. I highly recommend you try DLV Europa when it is ready. Because I have worked on this mod and Harry has done an excellent job adding wales. Here is a link to the preview thread if you are interested LINK

Hi, firstly congrats for a such wonderful mod, dave.

Secondly, I would like to add by my own the Welsh faction. Any tips, apart from unpacking all the stuff from britannia campaign and searching for every Welsh or Wales entry in order to make copy-pastes?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by CeltiberoMordred; July 03, 2008 at 05:09 AM.

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hi Jinglebombs,

Welcome to the best Mod for Kingdoms. I know your posts from the Roma Surrectum forum.

If any modder wishes to make a submod for Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod that adds Wales I will allow them my permission. As long as this is kept within the KGCM forum and the rest of my mod is unchanged. I make this announcement because I do not agree with adding Wales myself. But I am aware that there are those who would like to see it.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dave scarface View Post
    I make this announcement because I do not agree with adding Wales myself.
    Dave
    Not to detract from your announcement with my comments, but I agree with you Dave that there simply isn't enough room on the British Isles for Wales.

I think the best that can be done is start them off as strong rebels and have some more Welsh units available as mercenaries, instead of just the spearmen, while maybe increasing time inbetween availability for recruitment as to not have too many Welsh mercenaries in the armies.:hmmm:

I for one would love the ability to recruit a mercenary welsh longbowman and maybe even the rare welsh axeman once every 10 turns or so!

Quote Originally Posted by dave scarface View Post
    If any modder wishes to make a submod for Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod that adds Wales I will allow them my permission. As long as this is kept within the KGCM forum and the rest of my mod is unchanged. I make this announcement because I do not agree with adding Wales myself. But I am aware that there are those who would like to see it.

Dave
    But... Is there any room for the Welsh units of Britannia campaign? And if there isn't any room... which units could we erase from the EDU to add them? If we do so, the mod won't remain unchanged
    Shogun was chess, vi was chequers rome was tiddlywinks and mtw2 musical chairs." - Swoosh So

And if there isn't any room... which units could we erase from the EDU to add them? If we do so, the mod won't remain unchanged
    Of course some of the mod files have to be changed when you add a new faction... I was obviously talking about stuff like balance changes

Dave