Thread: Reinforcements in MTW

Default Reinforcements in MTW

Hi, this is something that has puzzled me for a while.

After having a battle, some of my soldiers die (as is to be expected). The problem is that they keep dying and the groups they are in don't get any new reinforcements.

For example, 100 peasants become 80 and then 60 and then 40, and it's quite pointless having a unit of 40 peasants.

Is there any way to reinforce those units? Or do I have to disband them and get new ones?

Thank You.

Default Re: Reinforcements in MTW

I'm guessing you mean replenish their numbers or retrain them via campaign map?

You have to open up the recruitment window, and drag and drop the weakened unit onto the thing. You can do 1 per turn, and the city must be capable of training the unit that you wish to retrain (So no retraining militia sergeants in a city where you can only train Urban Militia)

Hope I could help, I know it took me a long time to discover that.

Thanks a lot for that. It was the main thing that made me stop playing MTW, and then start again, and then stop, ad infinitum

Thank You

No problem, like I said, took me a long time to discover that. And it wasn't until long after my second era of playing (I played for many years after it first came out, and then didn't play again until late 2006 or early 2007) and it was until maybe half a year ago that I discovered this.

Because of the time it takes to do this, make sure you add your troops together from different units to speed things up.

Example, two units of 55 men and 52 men of a normally 100 man unit, add them together so that you only need to retrain them once (a unit of 7) and leave the 100 man combination alone.

Friend
    Moderator Emeritus

Use the hotkey "M" to merge all units in your selected army, it saves a lot of time.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

Dangerous though, you might simply lose a unit (Two completely merging into one)