Thread: Installation clarification

Icon5 Installation clarification

Ok, i just got kingdoms and i dont want to mess anything up. I have a fresh clean install of M2TW. After installing it i installed Kingdoms. That patches it up to 1.4 i think. What do i do after that? Do i just install the mod, or do i do another patch? i see that it says i need 1.5, but i have not heard of i before. Please help me, i dont want to mess it up and have to do it over again.Thanks,

Unbound

Default Re: Installation clarification

Hi Unbound,

First of all installing patch 1.5 is only recommended. Some people have had problems when they installed to 1.5 however. So you might want to avoid taking a risk with the new patch. As far as I know mods will still work without patch 1.5 as long as Kingdoms is installed. Everything that you need is within the mod folder. Anyway.. what you will need to do before you install my mod is "unpack the main game" SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data. If you don't know how to unpack already then check out this thread LINK This fixes a display problem that only occurs when the game is unpacked. Then you can download and install version 3.0 and it should work for you without any problems.

thanks,
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; May 31, 2008 at 04:46 PM.