Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Westeros: TW - General discussion

Default Re: Westeros: TW - General discussion

Erm, there's not an extreme amount. Smaller factions have 5-6, the North is a bit Russia-like, so it has a moderate amount of big provinces. I'd guess at around 60 provinces...

Besides, the difficulty's going to be in force preservation, rather than empire building. You're going to think that feudal knights are going to be very precious (if I get my wish when they implement recruitment and stuff, anyway...)

"Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne."

"Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne."

Gampie's Avatar Tiro

I may have missed it somewhere, but how many provinces are planned? Rather hoping for quite a few to keep it going long.
    I don't have the map files with me but I know the provinces by heart. I counted 77 of them in my head. I might be off by 1 or 2 provinces.

77 is a nice number. How many does vanilla have? I cant remember

Many more, AFAIK

77 is a great number for this kind of thing. The farther you try to spread it out initially without knowing more specifics from the eastern isles the less faithful it'll end up being IMO.

I'm still really excited for this mod!

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

I was just linked to this...I just finished a Feast for Crows so understandably I am excited!

Another addition to our playerbase Welcome to this subforum, Boeing!

Akolythos's Avatar Civis

Ahoy hoy all. Added LordSnow's lovely Baratheon banner (BaraBanner?) to my sig to help out the cause. Finally an ASoIaF mod that will actually be completed! Incredible.
    Ecumenical Patriarch of the Istvan Appreciation Station

Kingdoms of Heaven! The Crusades as they should
    be!

Yeah, release is due in a month or two, so we're working hard now.

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringer951 View Post
    Yeah, release is due in a month or two, so we're working hard now.
    wow but Will all factions be reskinned?

Unlikely, we're working to a tighter schedule atm.

TheKingSlayer's Avatar Tiro

Unless of course someone volunteers for the job.
    Proud Team member of Westeros: Total War
    Visit us at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=721
    We..Are...PENN STATE!!!
    Semper Fi. Smashing Islamic Extremism in all forms.

"You know nothing, Jon Snow."

Yeah, another skinner would be good.

Will we have anything like BB&B?
    "O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that, with it, Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits in Thy mercy."
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Yeah, we have aeoleron's privy councils, and we also have parts of BBB (princesses and so on). We also have ancillaries for Lordships.

TheKingSlayer's Avatar Tiro

Akolythos, welcome to the party, my friend.
    Proud Team member of Westeros: Total War
    Visit us at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=721
    We..Are...PENN STATE!!!
    Semper Fi. Smashing Islamic Extremism in all forms.

"You know nothing, Jon Snow."

How's this game to play online?

Akrotatos's Avatar Vicarius

Are there going to be more previews before release?

I don't think it will play online, and there will be no more previews. We're all busy, and have enough on our times to just be cranking out the mod

-Storm