Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Westeros: TW - General discussion

Default Re: Westeros: TW - General discussion

man you guys got me all excited!.....oh well i guess i'll just have to wait.
    The Hound

This all looks great. Will any more faction previews or unit rosters be revaled any time soon?????

Gampie's Avatar Tiro

The next faction preview will be House Tully. The skinning has already been done.

sweet

Yay. Riverrun longbowmen. And the Blackfish?

"Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne."

Gampie's Avatar Tiro

Tully wouldn't be complete withouth the Blackfish!

H**L YA!!! one of my favorite characters!!!
    The Hound

....and if the screens for Tully are as good as the ones for Stark...man oh man! I originally I had planned on starting with stark, then I thought maybe Dorne but Playing as Tully could be really really interesting, tough due to there location, but very interesting and fun
    The Hound

Sooo. I tried getting photoshop 7.0 today because I wanted to try to skin a unit for my own play army until this sweet mod comes out........and it is damn expensive.... any place to get it free?

I was going to take the Ulster Swordmen, and grey scale it so I could make a
    Stark unit. So it would have the light mail, heavy mail and partial plate models. But I cant figure it out. Damn photoshop not letting me convert from texture to dds.

I swear every time I think about this mod I start to drool.

@ SK2000: Take a look at the skinning tutorials under the Tutorial Index. Also, get yourself the texture2dds converter. Any specific questions can be directed to my PM and I will answer them the best that I can.

thanks much. I have the converter, but I will give it another try.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

I think that Wildlings would be a pretty sweet minor faction to play if you wanted an extreme challenge.

A reskin of the Highland units to make the tartan kilts look like animal fur wrappings, those skins could serve for almost all the units in their armies, as they wouldn't have much in the way of elite units.

The wall could be an impassible mountain range, with two narrow valleys on the edges and in the middle, with 3 rebel castles (Perhaps Eastwatch and the Shadow Tower should just be stone forts) stocked with nearly full stacks of very good units. This would force the player to consolidate the Northlands and amass an army before attacking the wall.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Tully is tough. During a beta test, 12 turns in I've been attacked by 3 factions with whole stacks.

"Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne."

ouch, well that seems consistant with the books.

Yeah. I managed to kill Lord Tywin, Kevan and the whole Lannister army in a bloody battle at Stony Sept

nice!
    The Hound

Sounds like you at least gave Tywin a more honorable death than what he got in the books...

Can't wait to play these battles myself!
    "He is suffering from Politician's Logic: 'Something must be done, this is something, therefore we must do it.'"
    - Yes, Prime Minister

Well, no. Tywin hid behind the Walls while I destroyed Kevan and the army. I chased the routers back and killed them all. King Joff is now dead as well, I assassinated Ser Stafford when he lead more Lannisters past the Golden Tooth. Brynden Blackfish's cavalry charges are now virtually invincible.

By the way, at least for now, wildings aren't in. For some screenshots etc. (lo quality) and videos, check out my Xfire

Nice screen shots. How is progress going? Will we seen an update/preview any time soon?

Gampie's Avatar Tiro

Progress has slowed down a bit due to real life issues. This is only normal and nothing to worry about. The next preview should not be too far off. I just have to get off my lazy butt and start writing it up.