Thread: Instaling on Steam

Default Instaling on Steam

So, i like the idea for the mod. However, i cant figure out how to install it on steam. Plz help!

Default Re: Instaling on Steam

I don't know the Steam filestructure. Should be roughly the same?

"Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne."

Basically, you go through steam>steammaps>common and then there's the total war file, but i don't know if i should extract the file to the mod folder or what?BTW, saw screen shots and it looks fantastic! Thanks for making the mod on A Song of Ice and Fire!
    Last edited by link213109; March 14, 2009 at 06:19 PM.

I bought the game on Steam too, and I'm having trouble installing the mod. Having followed the instructions, the .bat opens the main MTW launcher- giving no option to play the mod. However, it's not a question of all mods not working. Custom Campaign Mod 2, which installs with an executable, works fine for me. This installed to the folder "mods", in the main folder, which isn't mentioned in the instructions. This is where the expansion campaigns went too. I tried putting the mod files in that folder, and every combination of distributions of the provided files I could think of, but no joy. Any assistance forthcoming, perchance?

This doesn't work with that setup then. We're using the old vanilla modfolders, not the kingdom modfolders. I don't really know how to install using Steam, as as far as I know, none of the dev team who built up 0.51 used Steam. Ask around the general discussion for M2TW, there should be someone who knows how to get the old modfolders to work using Steam.

"Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne."

Can't find anything, unfortunately.