Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Idea

Default The Idea

YOU CAN TAKE A BREATH THIS MOD ISNT 100% HISTORICALLY ACCURATE AS IT CANT BE FOR SOME ASPECTS

As all of you know there is a vast amount of Armenians on these forums so wouldnt it be cool if there was a Vartananc total war. Basicly the factions are:

Cultures

Armenian
    (Caucasian(Georgian & Albanian)
    Islamic
    Sassanid
    Roman
    Barbarian

Armenia:
    Vagharshapat(the ArmenianHoly Seat)(needs to have sepearte culture)
    Mamikonian Family
    Siunik Family
    Bagratuni Family
    Artsruni Family
    Khorkhoruni Family

Georgian:
    Kingdom of Kartli
    Caucasian Rebels

Sassanid:
    The Sassanid Empire
    Sassanian Rebels

Roman:
    The Eastern Roman Empire
    Roman Rebels

Barbarian:
    Black Huns
    Hepthalites
    Avars(Emmerging middle 6th century)
    Barbarian Rebels
    Albanian Tribes(Vassal)
    Bulgars

Muslim:
    Muslim Caliphate

Religions: Eastern European Church, Georgian and Armenian Church(Brakes up after event changed to Armenian church , Georgian factions become Greek Orthodox might be named Cauciasan Church as Albanians were partially chrisitan from Armenian missionaries) , Zoroastarianism, Paganism , Islam(Emerging)

Map:

Those are the main armenian factions at the time if the mod is more succesful it will get more. The Eastern Roman Empire is in their because they will have to decide will they help the Armenians or not help them like they did in real life. Since the faction list is quite small it will go in depth. The Albanians East of Armenia with their capital at Partav will have to decide which way to go and for the Georgians they will have to beat Armenia. Units cannot be borrowed from any other mod apart from Gathering Storm but their Armenian Units arnt done to what the public know. Also the mod will be intersting to see the massive amount of wars between Byzantium and the Sassanids. To make full stack armies less rare there will be more recruitment slots."im not interested its about Armenia only". Thats not true it will be fun for non armenians it will be fun making as you have to be a bit imaginative and also its like a in depth look at fighting between ERE and the Sassanids. The Eastern Roman Empire will have a in depth roster and so will the Sassanids they also have shadow factions so thats kinda cool. The increased amount of full stacks will allow much bigger battles and you will have to take stack after stack unlike Vanilla. #

#"Death or Freedoom" (Mod name at the moment changing to ever East of Rome or Dusk of Empires, its a mod which takes us back to 451. At this time the Eastern Roman Empire is coming to its height and the Sassanid Empire is at its height. On the Northern Frontier the Huns are moving onto the Sassanian frontier and the Eastern Roman Empire will have a hard time and the Sasanians will have a hard time with the Eastern Roman Empire. A intresting factor is the Armenians. THere are 4 Armenian families and it will be even harder for them. For the Armenians it takes me(being Armenian) to the time of the greatest battle to keep Christendom. The mod will go into extreme depth onto the Eastern Roman Empire and the Sassanids.

If your thinking
    "its only about Armenia". Thats false the mod focuses on 3 parts of the map. The 3 parts are the Eastern Roman Empires Northern Frontier. The Frontier between Eastern Roman Empire and the Sassanids(Armenia)and also the Sassanidian Eastern Front.The Eastern Roman Empire will have a in depth roster and so will the Sassanids they also have shadow factions so thats kinda cool. The increased amount of full stacks will allow much bigger battles and you will have to take stack after stack unlike Vanilla.

Forget the writing thats the map.

I am not a experienced modder and am learning how to code do regions and map. Mah gam Azadootyoon needs

Mappers
    Modelers
    Skinners
    Textures
    Coders
    Scripters
    Researchers (ERE Sassanids and some Armenian guys too)

Research is hard so you will probably need books to research the old fashioned way

Also HAPPY VARTANATZ IT WAS ON MAY 26

Courtesy of Drtad some of it

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Siunik was the strongest:

Rest

sigs:

[IMG]http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/y/y2day/136066/kvpsasslse.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/y/y2day/136066/jsnhlsmiwc.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/y/y2day/136066/vgtixhjezk.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/6058/sig31copycopydf0.png[/IMG

[IMG]http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/2726/makxc5.png[/IMG

[IMG]http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/y/y2day/136066/ftttmvqtjp.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/y/y2day/136066/uwlnmsrdky.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/y/y2day/136066/uwlnmsrdky.jpg[/IMG

add "]" to both, use my one too

Mod leader:Nakharar(text editor)
    Mapper:J@mes
    2d Artist: Lewagal,Y2day
    2d artist/skinner: Raven Darkwing(Maybe)
    Modeller: Blaster Fodder(MAYBE), Master Zuma, MoTom , D need, Gogo T
    Researchers: Cyrus Empire, Neopotalamos(SP), Tadzreuli(Guess who ?)

Zuma Mod Guild:
    Master Zuma coder/scripter/2d/3d/
    yelowdogg23 2dartist/advert
    Y2day 2dartist/advert/skinner
    Stephan 2dartist/resercher/abbassids faction creator
    Nakharar mapper
    stufu 2dartist/resecrher
    Phorz skinner
    hekk skinner/resercher
    acegogo 2dartist/advert/

next Wednesday is collection day

Progress:

Lewagal faction symbols:

Last edited by Nakharar; July 13, 2008 at 08:03 AM.

Default Re: Vartananc: The Battle of the Faiths

No one interested not even encouragment
    http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/8799/vardanpe8.jpg

RESEARCH POST FOR ME

Artrsruni Faction

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Artsruni family betrayed armenia in the 300's but then during the time period of the mod gained power. They thought in the battle of Nakharar. Vahan Arstuni was the secound most important figure at the time. First was Vartan Mamigonian. The Artsruni family was strong but however kept their strength. During the Islamic raids on Armenia the Mamigonian family was completely destroyed but the Artsruni and Bagratuni families rised to power. The Artsruni means Eagle bearers because the Artsrunis were the Kings Eagle Standard bearers. The Artsruni were South of Lake Van.

Information comes from the 10th century writer Tovma Artruni who wrote the book History of the Artrunis.

The Artrunis were very pious

The Artrunis were one of the main families in the battke of Avarayr. They held the centre and martyred 740 of their nobles on that day and 9 Nakharars perished with Vartan Mamigonian.

Other Research

Mamigonian: Vartan Mamigonian

Artsruni: Vahan Artzruni

Khorkhoruni:Khoren Khorkhoruni

The Persians lost 35444
    Last edited by Nakharar; June 29, 2008 at 06:43 AM.

Default Re: Mah gam Azadootyoon

So can anyone tell me the Georgian factions at the time?

Are all of you so mean to not even encourage me

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

sounds great, really...

Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

This requires alot of concept and concept artists alot of the Armenian factions have practicaly no information so imagination and pictures from description are needed

B. Ward's Avatar ★★★★ RockNRolla ★★★★

patience man. seems like a nice different approach from other mods. the mod seems really feasible. good luck with your vision

My first try at the Vagharshapat symbol
    Last edited by Nakharar; June 03, 2008 at 12:13 PM.

These are my first ever tries at faction symbols the Mamikonian is hard as the picture i got is really small so i rescaled all faction symbols

No entries?, I need a 2D artist, skinner,modeler

What do you think should be the map like to make the mod more interesting for everyone else and to get more posts and encouragement where should the mod expand do , theirs no point of going West as thats just all ERE maybe West what faction in India , what about Huns? or maybe to go North for Huns or a bit West to show the Barbarians moving into ERE but then i want to show the Sassanian Eastern Frontier

Zymran's Avatar Ordinarius

Nice faction symbols and interesting concept
    Terror of the Steppes: a Kypchak AAR
    Check out my tutorial: how to change one faction into another HERE

Yes very nice symbols

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Good luck! Unfortunately I have no knowledge on anything so I can't help..
    But keep up the awesome work!

I need Researchers for Byzantines and Sassanids

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Nice idea....
    I will watch it closely!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

mamikonian:

Siunik:

artruni:

The top left symbol is Bagratuni

http://www.armenica.org/collection/S.../Arms/gerb.gif

Vagharshapat:

A new 2d Artist is

Raven Darkwing
    Last edited by Nakharar; June 07, 2008 at 06:06 AM.

Can anyone give me any suggestion for anything?BTW i need a Georgia, Hun, Sassanid researchers & modellers skinners and 2d artist

I will code in the factions once the symbols are done i will do something elsefor now
    Last edited by Nakharar; June 02, 2008 at 11:20 AM.

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

great to see your thread Nakharar!

Anyawy i have always wondered what happened in that area when the ERE did not include(or other great empire) it in it's regions!
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

ok, I will develop Georgian faction's (Kingdom of Kartli ) concept soon.

I think Georgian culture is differed from Armenian culture, btw at this time (451 AD ) Georgian and Armenian church were in one religion concept , they were orthodox.

Georgians belongs in Caucasian family , Armenians are indoeuropeans.

at this time in Georgia was one strong kingdom :

1. Kingdom of Kartli (iberia) - east Georgia (Region name Kartli)

and in west Georgia (region's name- Egrisi) should be as "Georgian rebels" ....

ok, I will write more as soon as.

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast