Thread: My England Campaign

Default My England Campaign

hi guys in here i will just give little updates about my first game on this mod, it is on m/m.

Fistly i love this game it is so fun, its almost identical to MTW2. At the start all i did was get trade rights with most factions and builld up a 3/4 stack to go and take bolton. for the first 7 or 8 turns scotland were building up big armies on the border of cork and york. Mean while i had taken Brugges,Birmingham and was about to take exeter on the 15-20th turn Scotland decided to start a war and sent a army of 2733 men against 2300 in the york garrison.

The key thing i did was attack them the turn they besieged as they hadn't built there siege equipment. And with me having 3 units of Longbow archers i won with no casulties and them losing about 1400.

From then on they have been sending attack after attack on york with at least 3/4 stacks every turn.I also sent an army to take oslo. But while i was bringing soldiers from all my cities for armies to combat Scotland, they attacked Cork with a full stack and i got annihalated.

So it has been really fun playing this game with the waging war against Scotland and a new threat in Denmark. Strangely the mongols have been quite quiet.

So this is the first part, i will bring more regular updates with screenshots.

Default Re: My England Campaign

Played a few more turns and i have now taken Aberdeen so with this iwill be able to box in Scotland. I am going to prepare 2 full stacks to attack Glasgow and Edinburgh. One of these stacks will be made up of templar units andwill be lead by my best General:

how can i make him my faction heir?

also how does fraps work cos i downloaded it and tried to take pics but it di'dnt work

played a few more turns and i was halfway through preparing my armies for one big push on scotland when they sent a 3/4 stack to attack my 1/4 stack army led by the king. I was massively outnumbered but focused my attack by attacking the general. Luckily he went very early so that caused the whole or most of the army to rout ensuring a victory:

FINNALLY Britain is mine, i have taken edinburgh and glasgow by moving 3 full stacks of armies to attack Edinburgh then on to Glasgow. So now Scotland reside on Ireland and with me moving a very strong naval fleet to the irish sea they will not attack Britain, so now i can take Exeter now.

Now a new threat has come in Denmark who are very strong having taken most of the HRE's settlements and some rebel cities. Strangely France have done nothing to try attack my under garrisoned caen city. Now i will focus on fighting of danes and wipeout Scotland

Lord Of The Knights's Avatar Rome Medieval ******

seems interesting to read
    the scots are not a serious danger,but the danes are.

Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of The Knights View Post
    seems interesting to read
    the scots are not a serious danger,but the danes are.

*******Rome Medieval Forum*******
    Beta tester for ROME MEDIEVAL

how does fraps work cos it wont let me take screenshots

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

You need to run fraps, then go to the screenshot tab, set the key you want to take screenshots with, and set the folder you want your screens to be stored. THEN, minimise fraps, DONT close it. Then start up Rome Medieval and get taking those screens!

GreatOne's Avatar Ordinarius

Did you manage to get Arthur as a faction heir?

If you didn't go to the faction tree, select him, and click 'set faction heir button' from the right lower corner.

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

Speaking of Arthur, does anyone else think it's Ironic that the English in the middle ages always looked up to King Arthur as a national hero, when the English are descended from the Anglo Saxons that Arthur fought AGAINST? The middle ages could be real stupid sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle_Bombs View Post
    You need to run fraps, then go to the screenshot tab, set the key you want to take screenshots with, and set the folder you want your screens to be stored. THEN, minimise fraps, DONT close it. Then start up Rome Medieval and get taking those screens!
    I did that but when i exited RM there were no screens in the folder i set them to go to.

Did you manage to get Arthur as a faction heir?

If you didn't go to the faction tree, select him, and click 'set faction heir button' from the right lower corner.
    Yes i figured that out, thanks any way.

Right now I have set up a castle on the main route to Brugges which is the most vulnerable city for attack on Denmark. The castle has 4 units of Longbow archers and 4 units of cavalry. I will soon destroy Scotland as i have already asassinated 3 family members including the King. With 2 family members left they will be asassinated.

GreatOne's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle_Bombs View Post
    Speaking of Arthur, does anyone else think it's Ironic that the English in the middle ages always looked up to King Arthur as a national hero, when the English are descended from the Anglo Saxons that Arthur fought AGAINST? The middle ages could be real stupid sometimes...

Heh, how ironic