Thread: no reinforcement at all

Default no reinforcement at all

hi everyone!
    my problem is simple: i've played lots of battle (with RS1.5) in wich were involved more than two army but the reinforcement never appeared, they were always delayed....totally!
    it's kind of frustrating, no great battle
    any suggestion?

Default Re: no reinforcement at all

Your computer probably can't handle it. My laptop never has reinforcements come in even if one of the armies is tiny on the map. But my desktop always has the reinforcements as it should (sometime theyre delayed but not often).

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Also, sometimes if you have too many men alltogether in your reinforcements, then they will not come either. Cos the RTW engine was made to run a max of about 10000 men on the battlefield at a time, any more than that and it starts to get really laggy. But if you really want all those reinforcements, you can go into the preferences.txt and change the "Unlimited Men on Battlefield" from "false" to "true"

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Also if you want all reinforcements on the battlefield at once, you can't control them, you have to allow the AI to control your reinforcements since the player can only control a maximum of 20 units regardless of how many are on the players side.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

And we all know how that ends up =(.

thank you for replies, i will try with preferences but i think that the problem will not be solved
    my computer is quite new and well perfoming (i play with IBFD finding no problem of reinforcement, even with three or more army involved). Unfortunately in RS the AI reinforcements (and mine too) never appear, even if they are composed only by a single unit. it seems a sort of bug...

This happens with my laptop as well which is brand new and I don't know why. It doesn't happen on my desktop ever and my desktop is two years old. I wonder if it has anything to do with the OS cause I have XP on my desktop and the new garbage on my laptop.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by chipirone View Post
    thank you for replies, i will try with preferences but i think that the problem will not be solved
    my computer is quite new and well perfoming (i play with IBFD finding no problem of reinforcement, even with three or more army involved). Unfortunately in RS the AI reinforcements (and mine too) never appear, even if they are composed only by a single unit. it seems a sort of bug...
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    This happens with my laptop as well which is brand new and I don't know why. It doesn't happen on my desktop ever and my desktop is two years old. I wonder if it has anything to do with the OS cause I have XP on my desktop and the new garbage on my laptop.
    If you are using VISTA you may be changing the preferences.txt file and it takes no effect. There are numerous topics about VISTA and UAC so I'd suggest using the search facility to look for UAC - that may well be the answer.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

In my case, the game just didn't recognize how fast my computer really is, whether its the dual core or not, The game would severely undercut how many men on the field could that could easily be ran smoothly.

NEVER ANY REINFORCEMENTS! ! !

For years I played like that on my various machines, anyways make sure you go into the Rome Total War/Preferences/Preferences.txt, I noticed there was one in the root directory that did nothing.

ummmm have any of you tried looking at unlimited men in preferences?

Bebbe's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by martyr View Post
    ummmm have any of you tried looking at unlimited men in preferences?
    Uhm.
    But if you really want all those reinforcements, you can go into the preferences.txt and change the "Unlimited Men on Battlefield" from "false" to "true"
    -Xavier Dragnesi

shoo