Thread: Help! Confusion!

jon1's Avatar Foederatus

Default Help! Confusion!

i need a bit of help installing this mod as i'm not amazing with PC's!

i downloaded the IBFD VII installer & 7.03 upgrade; but wasn't sure which of the folders to install it into, this is what my Activision folder looks like:

Activision>CLEAN vanilla RTW (patched to 1.5) - which i use as a back-up
    RTW BI 1.6 (the one intend to use for IBFD)
    EB 1.1
    ROP 2.2

Now, when i initially downloaded IBFD, i was unsure which folder i was to copy and rename 'ibfd' - is it the RTW BI 1.6, OR the 'bi' folder within that?

Secondly, given the ibfdTEMP file and all that jazz, do i install the mod into the Activision folder, or the folder i intend to use for the mod?

And finally, after much perplexion, i decided to go the route of copying RTW BI 1.6, renaming it 'ibfd' and running the installer into the Activision folder etc.. the shortcut on the desktop asked me to browse for the RTW-BI.exe, this is the BI shortcut in the copied RTW BI 1.6 folder yes? Then, having done that, i reached the splash screen - hooray i thought! - but no! warning alerts popped up saying:
    unable to locate file: models_building/spot_fx/spot_fx_BI_street_lamp.CAS
    and script error: descr_building_battle/dbb_barbarian_invasion.txt at line 751, col 40 - i believe that would be due to a faulty dl, so i am currently re-dl'ing the installer

Please could you help me with this as i am rather keen to play the mod as i enjoy late era campaigns!
    CHEERS!

Civis

Default Re: Help! Confusion!

I'm having the same problem to if I find a solution i'll post it.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

if you are not using Vista, just install into your rome-total war directory
    e.g.: in my case it would be C:/program files/The Creative Assembly/Rome-total war this should be it. same for the patch.
    I dunno about Vista.
    EDIT: I never needed to copy the BI file and rename it ibfd. you'd need that for rio's mod, but not this one.

That's true just type in your RTW path ( MY was D:\Activision\RTW) during the instalation; the instalator will create IBFD folder by itself; Ruina Romae is one of easiest mods to intall in RTW. I tried thrice to install RIO.

jon1's Avatar Foederatus

thanks for the help, got it sorted now!

Turns out that my initial dl was corrupt, so just needed another copy and a bit of logical thinking.

I have followed the guidance here, but still cannot get any of this upgrade to work. I have the upgrade 1.6 version of vanilla. I have the IBFD folder in the Activision/Rome Total War file I use. I have run the IBFD installer to get that, but have not ended up with the icon on the desktop the readme file tells me I will get.

There seems to be no separate exe file for the upgrade, so how do I make the computer pay attention to the IBFD folder? It says it will go into the root directory, but at which level? I tried putting the IBFD folder into each of the levels of BI sub-folder but that made no difference either.

I am not using Vista.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by kmthorpe View Post
    I have followed the guidance here, but still cannot get any of this upgrade to work. I have the upgrade 1.6 version of vanilla. I have the IBFD folder in the Activision/Rome Total War file I use. I have run the IBFD installer to get that, but have not ended up with the icon on the desktop the readme file tells me I will get.

There seems to be no separate exe file for the upgrade, so how do I make the computer pay attention to the IBFD folder? It says it will go into the root directory, but at which level? I tried putting the IBFD folder into each of the levels of BI sub-folder but that made no difference either.

I am not using Vista.
    the file in which the ibfd goes to is the one (so if it is dd/ibfd, install to dd)
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)