Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: == Cherry Vanilla Pack (CVP) Project 1.22 (EoL) ==

player1's Avatar Bug Hunter

Well, it's true that if you leave all agents14-16 triggers enabled that it would get pretty unbalancing (on avg. 2.75 point per mission, tops at 8).
    But, just leaving agents14 wouldn't be so much (1 point per mission, tops at 8).
    BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for both Rome: Total War and its expansion pack
    Romano British provincial campaign

Ok, after some investigation, I got convinced that adding Conspirator to assassins is unbalanced.
    There is already more then enough synergy without it to get uber-assassins, and extra possible 1-3 to Subterfuge adds a lot.

Now, my theory is that sabotage was originally planned to be spy mission, but was later moved to assassins.

So, instead of GoodConspirator, successful sabotage should give GoodAssassin, since that's the trait which governs assassins experience. Also, that way, there will be no dangerous synergy that could make assassins overpowered.

I suggest only changing triggers agents13 and agents14, since having agents15 and agents16 would make sabotage better in exp gain then assassination.

In short, replace:

Code:
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trigger agents13
      WhenToTest SabotageMission

Condition not MissionSucceeded

Affects BadConspirator 1 Chance 100 

Trigger agents14

Condition MissionSucceeded

Affects GoodConspirator 1 Chance 100

with this:

Code:
    Trigger agents13

Condition not MissionSucceeded

Affects BadAssassin 1 Chance 100 

Trigger agents14

Condition MissionSucceeded

Affects GoodAssassin 1 Chance 100

What do others think?

I think it could work, but perhaps a lower chance percentage. We need new triggers for bad conspirator as well, it has no triggers right now.

I guess just mirror the other good conspirator triggers, which btw might be due for review as well.

I've somewhat of a problem and I was wondering if anyone has enountered the same or can help.

I've installed the latest version of CVP and I'm still quite early in the game (Summer of 261 BC to be precise). Decius Julius, the elder son of my faction heir, Lucius Julius, just came of age. Every time I try to click on him, I get a CTD. Hovering the mouse over his icon in the family tree, I don't see any outstanding features (command stars, management parchments, influence laurels) but he has a "kindly" face (which, I think, more often than means that the character does not have any overly negative birth traits).

Actually, this is the 2nd time I've played the game as the Julii after installing the CVP and I got the same CTD when Decius Julius came of age.

I haven't installed any other mods, just the 1.1 and 1.2 official patches.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Spartan's Avatar Divus
    Patrician

Hmm.... Are you using the 1.2.1 version? Also can you attach your save game file.
    -Spartan
    "Consular" Spartan, Vassal of Siblesz
    Lord of lt1956, & Vercingetorix, Founder House of Spartae
    §§TWC's Father of Modding§§ §§ RulersoftheSea.com §§
    "The greatest pain a man can suffer is to have knowledge of much, & power over nothing" - Herodotus

Just a quick comment regarding BadDiplomat and nogoingback levels
    I don't mind most traits being very dynamic and subject to positive and negative moves, but punishing diplomats for suggesting possible treaties is a bit over the top. I keep losing my good diplomat's skills by asking for military treaties and attempting bribes and the like. I'm not opposed to some penalties, but chance 100 seems a bit much. I'm thinking maybe this should be lowered. Vanilla Rome encouraged diplomatic actions. This system actively discourages it, unless you're pretty sure your counterpart is going to agree to, or at least not outright refuse your request.
    What do you think?

edit - hmm, ok, now I'm a bit confused. Looking thru the files, it doesn't appear that you altered the good or bad diplomat traits or the related triggers. I've got a 4 influence diplomat in my game that has dropped down to 1 influence after suggesting about three or four bad deals. I'm positive that never happened in vanilla. Do you know what's going on? (or am I not making sense?)

next edit - ok, what appears to be happening is this:
    my diplomat is a polished diplomat (lvl4). If I make two bad suggestions in a row, the anti trait kicks in and my diplomat loses all 4 levels going back to neutral. Two more bad suggestions and he's tactless. Is this the way it worked in vanilla? Maybe I just never made a few bad suggestions in a row. Or has something changed? Seems a bit harsh, and I never remember having an issue with this before. Sorry if this is a non issue, I'm trying to figure out exactly what's happening, but I'll defer to my superiors here
    Cheers.

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

That's strange, I'm using cvp 1.2.1 as Scipii am at war with egypt, I had a diplomat near their city asking for peace every turn for 10 turns, every time they refused and he got an increase in his skills.
    Under Patronage of Necrobrit

Actually, there is one interesting thing when I tested some agent triggers.

For starting agent units only, it can happen that when they fail mission and when then need to get point in antitrait, they get their points reseted to zero. More failures will result in negatives as usually.

Anyway, it's something that never happend to me for units I trained later.

Ahh, you know what player1? I think that's it. I think this one was my starting diplomat. Shame on me, I think I do recall that you posted this issue a week or so ago either in here or over at the .org. I never put two and two together for some reason. Oh well, at least I learned something about vnv/triggers in the two hours I spent last night looking through the files.
    Thanks for the assist!
    Cheers.

Weird bug, nevertheless...

does the BIG pack is compatible with SPQR mod ? cause i saw you changed some unit stats, kinda weird as its a fix pack , not a mod

Spartan's Avatar Divus
    Patrician

Sorry brother, you lost me on "BIG pack". The CVP is however 100% G.I. Joe GQ for SPQR.

-Spartan
    "The greatest pain a man can suffer is to have knowledge of much, & power over nothing" - Herodotus

.spartan i think pesticide is on about Borsook 1.2.2 Fix Patch and Mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php?s...opic=22285&st=0

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

Yes seems he (pesticide) is dunno why he posted here... :blink
    Under Patronage of Necrobrit

Spartan's Avatar Divus
    Patrician

@Necroscope - thanks and welcome to the TWC as well as the Trivium!

-Spartan

I've started working on a small traits and ancillaries mod and would like to incorporate the CVP into it, if that's ok. Are there plans for a future CVP that includes ancillaries? I think I read that in this thread.

Spartan's Avatar Divus
    Patrician

Originally posted by Malrubius@Apr 2 2005, 12:25 PM
    I've started working on a small traits and ancillaries mod and would like to incorporate the CVP into it, if that's ok. Are there plans for a future CVP that includes ancillaries? I think I read that in this thread.
    Sure yu can use the CVP in your mod that is why we made it.

As to a version with ancillaries, that is what we have planned but currently we are working on the same thing for EB so it seem unlikely that one will be coming soon.

-Spartan

piko's Avatar Tiro

can i install this over RTR5.4.1
    RTR FORUM DIEHARD! 3400 posts and counting!

Spartan's Avatar Divus
    Patrician

Yes you can. Just keep in mind if you have a saved game things will be all messed up.

-Spartan

About the doubled combat triggers bug:

I think this will make it possible for a autocalc battle to trigger PostBattle triggers for a general after he has defended and attacked in the same turn. Unless I'm mistaken, he only triggers after he has defended now.

Trigger SomeRandomName
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnStart

Condition Trait Bug = 1

Affects Fix 1 Chance 100