Thread: MP Connection Problems

Clibby's Avatar Praetor Maximus

Guys I have a problem. I decided to try multiplayer today, but just my luck, it doesn't work. Every time I try to connect to a game it stalls and I lose connection to gamespy. When I try to connect via Gamespy Arcade I get this:

"Proxy or Firewall Detected.

GameSpy Arcade has detected that your computer's internal IP address (xxx.xxx.x.xx) is different than its external IP address (xx.xxx.xxx.xxx). This may be caused by firewalls, a NAT proxies, or other unusual network configurations and may prevent you from hosting a game. Please see our Firewall Guide for further information. You can access it by choosing "Help with GameSpy Arcade" from the Help menu."

Now I know for a fact I dont use a proxy or any firewall when I try this including the windows one. Im completely stumped. Do I need a new router or something? I have a 4-way Belkin router right now, and I think that might have something to do with it, but I dont know.

Winner of the Tech Award 2005 at www.TotalRome.com

Under the patronage of apparently nobody since they cant keep their citizenship!!!

*bump*

Under the patronage of apparently nobody since they cant keep their citizenship!!!

Not on the original topic but since hte patch it ahs been near impossible to play. Gayspy always disconnects in the middle of games (I have a stable cable connection by the way) and sometimes doesn't log in to games at all.

the thing is, this happens with every game I play, not just Rome

Still no help?

last and final *bump* please can someone help