Thread: borred with countless crashes

Default borred with countless crashes

ok, 3rd qarthadast campaign, and all the time permanent crashes. It's worse than ever. I can pass them, because this time I make 3 different saves, one each year, but the game is very very slow btw. It seems that the game want absolutely crash during a seleukid turn, I used toggle_fow but I didn't see anything, it's too fast.
    Anyway, I'm bored to start again and again a new campaign. To install and reinstall the game. Just a question in fact: I always install EB on a RTW 1.5 clean files. Perhaps it would better if I install EB on a TW file with BI? Could EB run better with BI?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Default Re: borred with countless crashes

Does Arche Seleukeia have any rioting towns that are about to rebel?

EB works on BI.exe and ALX.exe and some swear by it...

I didn't have enough time before the crash to see if any town is about rioting: turn seleukia come and at the same time the crash.

I think i will reinstall RTW, patch 1.5 and then EB, it's the last thing I didn't make.

Try to load the game and don't turn on the script, then end turn. See if it still crashes.

I've tried too. No, there are really crashes I can't pass...

you mentioned you make 3 different saves, right? All 3 saves crash during AS turn?

Or is it every end turn you are playing crashes, then you have to load the other 2 saves to pass that turn?

Yes, all 3 saves crashes during Seleukid turn. One year ( 4 turns) separates each save from the other. One worked one or two turns but the crash comes finally.

Well, I had all those crashes since I play Hard/medium as difficulty. I used to play medium/medium before. Could be possible that playing hard level for campaign makes the move of Ai differents and bring crashes?
    Last edited by Blackader; May 30, 2008 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackader View Post
    Yes, all 3 saves crashes during Seleukid turn. One year ( 4 turns) separates each save from the other. One worked one or two turns but the crash comes finally.
    Your statements confuse me. Do you mean, Ex. 1st save 272bc, 2nd save 271bc, 3rd save 270bc. when you load the 1st save, it CTD after 2 to 3 turns (how did you make it to 271 and 270bc in the first place?). Or do you mean, all saves can make it to 270bc then CTD after 2 to 3 turns?

I got some CTD with turns but can easily pass it by not activating the script after I load the save. I also once got a corrupted save and CTD when you load it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackader View Post
    Well, I had all those crashes since I play Hard/medium as difficulty. I used to play medium/medium before. Could be possible that playing hard level for campaign makes the move of Ai differents and bring crashes?
    I don't think so

Excuse me for my poor and unclear english.
    I mean: 1st save 272, 2nd 271, 3rd 270. A crash took place in 269, I load the 3rd save (270), crash, I load the 2nd save (271) but crahs after few turns, I load 3rd save 272 and crash too after 2 or 3 turns. Sometimes I can go until 268 but the crash come always at the end. With activated script or without.

Have you tried the 1.1 fixes?

Yes, of course, it was with 1.1 fixes.
    Really, i don't see what I can do: the 2nd campaign crash was caused by a sweboz army. Even Corelias couldn't play my save without crah, except with RTW-Alexander.exe, but I don't have Alexander.

Oh, I am using ALX.EXE too. May be this will help. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=108417

I've already post 2 savegames, but no one could help me. I've tried a 4th campaign, again a persistent crash. I think I have a problem with EB, but what sort of problem? I don't no. I will try to play with BI.exe, perhaps it's the solution, except that I don't see anything else but abandon EB... what were very sad for me.

sorry to hear that. I can't see the problem either. I also encounter some CTD without any reason, but then I can pass them.

Just try to reinstall EB again to a clean RTW 1.5/1.6. May be BI.exe will somehow help your situation. Try to get ALX too, you won't regret it.

I've already reinstall, several times. The only thing who seems to make the game more stable is to not install one fix. But I'm not sure.