• Support them and advance on Rome

7 70.00%
  • Attack Syracuse and let the Romans have them

3 30.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XGM Diplomacy Winter 280 - Summer 279

Unknown Soldier's Avatar Ducenarius

Icon10 XGM Diplomacy Winter 280 - Summer 279

Oh how wonderful to see all of our esteemed assembalage ready to debate politic here in the centre of the universerse the Senate of Carthage.

News has been relayed to us as to how things go in the world via our networks of operatives throughout the world.

Winter 280

Iberia

Our diplomat in Iberia crossedthe march route of the Iberian's main force on his way to gaul.

Theophanes recruited two warbands of Iberians who were against the Tyrant of Arsa.

Our slingers arrived to bolster the garrison of Carthago Nova

Sicily

Hanno's Army advanced towards the border with syracuse

Africa

A "army" of brigands has gathered in the south, distasteful as these people can be I suggest we offer them amnesty in return for military service - then we send them overseas - solving any issues - they'll die on some foreign shore.

Summer 279

Italy, Sicliy and the Islands

Our diplomat has arrived at Capua ready to negotiate with the Romans.

Our spies in the south have reported quite sizable forces at the disposal of our erstwhile "allies".

Those Roman sons of ???????? have landed a military force by Aleria

Their intentions are clear to anyone of intellect - it is an act of war though not yet declared. We have taken measures though to replace the militia there with barbarian tribesmen from the hills, a rough and untamed bunch who have no fear of anything but the sky falling on them they'll hopefully scare the romans while our good citizens attend to their own commercial concerns. All ships available have been despatched to the area.

Iberia

The siege continues.....

Our diplomat in Iberia has negotiated an alliance with the southern and western confederation of gallic tribes - wether they will all stand by this we do not yet know they are a disunited people but our mechants should be well recieved.

Africa

Hasdrabul marches southwards gathering experienced numidians as he goes - our gold is much valued by the southern tribes and his reputaion only increases as does ours with each passing league.

If we can add the brigands to his army our security in Africa will be assured.

Winter 279

Senators war with Rome is now in motion Aleria is besieged.

Now the floor is open....What shall we do!
    Last edited by Unknown Soldier; May 28, 2008 at 07:02 AM.

Fix the problem, not the blame!

XGM Diplomacy AAR - intelligence and voting
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...24#post3680924 :hmmm:

TM Is Back's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: XGM Diplomacy Winter 280 - Summer 279

Looks good. I cant wait for the next update

TM is Back well like it all there now.

Go debate!

Yes

Well Senators, what we feared has become true. Our "Allies" did not attacked the Romans. Pyrhus flet to Tarentum and now the Romans declared war on us! What shall we do? Abandon Corsica and Sardinia to the Roman onslaught? No no no. We will hold them, we must. We cannot let it happen that the Romans take our lands.

I say we indeed declare war on the IGCS when Pyrhus's army is destroyed by the Romans. For now, we must send reinforcements to Sardinia and Corsica and also to Hasdrubal who then can conquer Africa. In Iberia things are going well, lets keep it that way.

Our fleet should destroy any Roman ship they encounter, so they cannot land reinforcements on Corsica and Sardinia.

I have spoken. Ceterum censeo Romam delandam esse.

Primicerius

As long as war with Rome is being pursued: Keep a small stack in Aleria, and blockade Rome's ports. Meanwhile, take Sicily from the Indie Greeks first, then Messana. Pyrrhus should keep Rome busy. From the screenshot, it looks like he's fought them and lost half his stack... and he looks either dead or in Tarentum either way Rome usually tries to take Tarentum before moving on in my campaigns. Keep progressing in Iberia, we need more money to fuel the war against Rome. Also, I would advise that since we don't really have enough forces in Africa to take those Eastern Kingdom cities, Hasdrubal be sent to Sicily or Aleria to further Carthage's interests there. The EK never really attacks anyhow, just be mindful of them.

I feel that we should still use them as a buffer... We have more pressing issues on our soil! What about the so-called eastern kingdoms? Should we instil our order? We need to march to Tingi! If not then where would our people go should Spain be taken over by rotten barbarians??

I declare that we should use the weakest man in the family and then use him to spread order across the western desert! If not,then we may see ourself under the rule of, *spits* rebels!
    I'M BAAAAACCCCCKKKKKKK!

Primicerius

But we can't fight a 3 front war. Its impossible with CArthage's limited resources. So you have to pick: Sicily, Iberia, or AFrica. Africa is the least dangerous, so I would concentrate on the other two, as its really a tossup betwee Africa and Iberia (we already decided Sicily was going to be concentrated on).

Zymran's Avatar Ordinarius

Noble senators of Carthage! I bring word from your friends among the independant Greek cities. They implore you not to forsake them! They are hard pressed by the Romans in Italy and beg you to send aid. Their defeat would not be in your interests, as it would see the riches of Tarentum in Roman hands, and allow the dogs of Latium to focus all their efforts against you. If you were to support them against the Romans in Italy you would be in a position of strength, from which you could strike at Capua. Thus they request that you send a force to Tarentum before it is besieged by Rome, as it inevitably will be, and help inflict a decisive defeat upon your enemies!
    Terror of the Steppes: a Kypchak AAR
    Check out my tutorial: how to change one faction into another HERE

Deathbypepsi's Avatar Foederatus

Distinguished members of the senate, representatives of all domains of imperial carthage. I come from Iberia. The situation is desperate. The town of arsa (as we now know) has many an ally and we are few there.

i suggest that we leave our noble leader, Hasdrubal, to guard our home provinces against the sons of the desert. This is so that any unnecesary troops (perhaps in garrisons) can be directed to iberia to aid our soldiers in the region and to break the local barbarians upon Qart-Hadastim steel and gain such a glory as to awe the romans into qualing against our might!

As not a representative of Iberia but as a senator, i firmly agree with the other senators upon the plans for sicilly. We have been at war with the syracuseans since Xerxes crossed the hellespont. Now is the time to finish them once and for all! Then we can enjoy the vengeance of Aleria tenfold!
    "What? In Mercia? the coconut is tropical!"
    Editor of the Athenian chronicle- a respectable newspaper based on ROP v2.2

Poll added to this update!

you have till 00:00 7th June GMT to vote senators

Danel of Tingis takes the floor

"I would say US that the best course of action would be to keep a small force in Africa in case of any attack from the Rebels. Take Messana and sit with a sizeable army on the straight. Meanwhile be taking rich settlements in Spain to fund the Italian War. Need I say it that Romans cannot be allowed to set foot on Carthage-owned islands, sink their ships!"
    All Hail the King!

Interested In Forming Up A Totally New Type Of
    Immersive Online Democracy Game?
    Head On Over To Here. And Reply To The Thread, We Have Big Plans.

The Kingdom Needs You & Everyone You Know!

ServiusTheGreat's Avatar Semisalis

*ServiusTheGreat takes the floor *
    "its seems i hold the tie breaking vote, oh what to do what to do"
    "first of all war with rome is mad, Decius Mus by now has defeated the greeks and is approaching southern italy.the only thing we can do is take sicilly before the romans and gain strength and more powerful armies"
    "i promise you senators war will come in the fullness of time but let us be patient"
    Everybody want to be a Cat, Because a Cats the only Cat who knows where its at

Finnaly a Senetor that has the same opinion as I do.

Senetors, let us not waste time. We must secure Sicily before the Romans gain a foothold there. If we cannot do that then i suggest we place our fleet between Sicily and the Itali so the Romans cannot cross.

Again I say we must continue in Iberia and also in Numidia.

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by TM Is Back View Post
    Finnaly a Senetor that has the same opinion as I do.

Senetors, let us not waste time. We must secure Sicily before the Romans gain a foothold there. If we cannot do that then i suggest we place our fleet between Sicily and the Itali so the Romans cannot cross.

Again I say we must continue in Iberia and also in Numidia.
    Uh, Sicily and Italy are connected by a land bridge BTW.

I say take Sicily if Pyrrhus's army is defeated and Tarentum taken. Otherwise, strike at Rome's Northern Cities with an army or help out Tarentum to hurt Rome.

Zymran's Avatar Ordinarius

Scutarii speaks sense. Sicily cannot be safe as long as Rome's armies are abroad in southern Italy. The Tarentine Greeks need aid!
    Terror of the Steppes: a Kypchak AAR
    Check out my tutorial: how to change one faction into another HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Scutarii View Post
    Uh, Sicily and Italy are connected by a land bridge BTW.

I say take Sicily if Pyrrhus's army is defeated and Tarentum taken. Otherwise, strike at Rome's Northern Cities with an army or help out Tarentum to hurt Rome.
    Hmmm... i thought that even with the land bridge, when you place a fleet their the cannot cross.

We are currently tied on the vote - we need more votes

Balikedes's Avatar Time to Rock

Senators, I've finally made it back from my vacation in Hadrumentum...aaaah.

Voted to advance on Rome...they started it!
    Patron of Suppanut, relentless work, check it out.
    XGM Command - A Sub-Mod of the Extended Greek Mod and now included in Diadochi: Total War

HardSun on XBoxLive - Destiny and other stuff

ServiusTheGreat's Avatar Semisalis

oh damn im a fool i didnt read the whole report and voted on the wrong topic hehehe i retract my vote to betray our allies, the romans started this war so i say we finish it TOOO ROOMMMEE. i will not rest until decius mus lies dead in the ashes of the senate house and the roman people are scattered to the wind
    Everybody want to be a Cat, Because a Cats the only Cat who knows where its at

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

As outsider I would suggest: be bold, gather all you got and siege Rome itself.
    Without its head the roman tapeworm will be much less of a threat.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast