Thread: The Eagle Standard Vol. VI Issue VIII

Default The Eagle Standard Vol. VI Issue VIII

Hello all and welcome to another edition of the Eagle Standard!

We have a huge issue this month and hope to keep it that way in the proceeding months. I might as well interject here to mention that the Eagle Standard will publish every month on the last Monday of each month. There is no excuse to not tune in regularly.

As for this month's content, there are four forum reports to peruse brought to you by some old hands. Calvin discusses the merits of the most recent RTW mods out; zznɟ ǝɥʇ brings us the exciting world of M2TW faction symbols; there’s some new screens to check out in the ETW section; but most auspiciously we have a new writer, Tweety who has contributed an AAR forum report form the M2TW section. Speaking of AARs, Prince of Macedon and zznɟ ǝɥʇ have been very kind to contribute some of theirs for a pleasant read through the world of online battles and Makedon respectively. The Picture of the Week section is filled with, shucks, pictures as well as PotW news and the first Video of the Week winner- a must see in my estimation.

I’d like to give a big nod to the ES staff and our contributors, [user]Prince_of_Macedon [/user] and [user]Gaius Baltar[/user] for their timely assistance and dedication.

If anyone happens to spot anything worthy of ES attention (cool mods, fancy looking websites related to the TW series, fun articles buried in the forums here, or amazing card tricks) then by all means give us a shout. Don't forget to drop [user=sapi]sapi[/user] or[user=Empress Meg] myself [/user]a PM if you're able to contribute work to the ES, even on an irregular basis; we're always in need of more reporters

Happy reading!
    Meg, Assistant editor ES
    On behalf of Sapi, Editor ES

Table of Contents
    Forum Reports

Feature Articles

PotW

Rome Total War: Eras Forum Report
    Click to view content: 

Greetings readers, it's your friendly one eyed compatriot Calvin again, here to divulge the happenings of my favourite section of the site - Total War: Eras. Now, one may wonder why it is my favourite part, and I'd have to say because it's the part that drew me first to TWC, with the mods for Rome. I find the variety of different mod communities very fun to read, each with their hard core fanboys and so on. But enough of that, let's get down to business.

A certain gem has popped up again in the Rome: Total War General Discussion forum, be it a couple months old. Saladin_2008 took it upon himself to write some Total War comic strips, and I have to say that myself and others have found them amusing. We haven't heard from him in a while, but what's there is good enough to check the thread out for anyway. Here is my personal favourite:

Another interesting addition is that of The First Triumvirate in the AAR section. It's the first ever campaign competition on the forum and is worth a look. Check it out here.

Also, a quick mention of the Rome: Total War Multiplayer Discussion forum, simply because I tried my hand for the first time this week at an online battle. I lost....very badly. So for those of you curious, or who are wondering how they can get involved, check this out. The people are friendly and there's a wealth of information there.

On the modding side of things, there have been three recent releases which is great cause for excitement, because each are completely different. First off we have Europa Barbarorum v 1.1

Now, I'll admit that I haven't played EB since version 0.7 I think it was, and I didn't play it for long because my poor old laptop wept unashamedly over the scripts that the mod incorporates. However, being voted the Favourite RTW Mod on TWC is no mean thing, so for those of you who like me haven't yet tasted of it's goodness, head on over here to try it out. Ultimate realism is what you'll get, and what is quite possibly the most thorough conversion yet for Rome.

Second, we have Rise of Persia v2.2.

I read Persian Fire by Tom Holland not too long ago, so how could I not download this mod immediately? Following on from it's previous release, there are two more completed factions - Makedon and Media. This mod is the only one that covers this timeframe - that of the time just after the fall of Assyria. It's a breath of fresh air when it comes to mods in my opinion, and has some wonderful eye candy. Head on over here for the full details and download.

Finally we have Lusteds Terra Expugnandae Gold 0.7 open beta release.

This mod tends to differ from the other two, since it focus's more on improving gameplay alone rather than realism too. Not to say that Lusted hasn't made efforts towards realism too, but for those of you who like the feel of Vanilla Rome, but want that extra oomph factor, Terra Expugnandae is definately for you. I have played his previous versions and still do from time to time. Definitely worth a look here.

Finally we come to the Mod Threads forum, which is where non hosted mods are announced and released. I'll admit I don't visit there often even though it's my job as reporter to do so, so imagine my surprise when I pop in and see that work has been continued on Prometheus Res Gestae mod which I though had died months ago. There's even been a release! Topic for that can be found here, and here's some eye candy to dribble over.

That's all from me for this issue. Thanks for reading!

Medieval 2 and Kingdoms Forum Report
    Click to view content: 

If there are any readers that avoid the M2 and Kingdoms general discussions like the plague, fear not! I have donned my Hazmat suit of Justice and waded into the chaos to bring you the few threads of glory among the weeds!

First up, we have the enlightening thread, Favourite Faction Symbol. The responses are pretty varied and there's an interesting discussion being facilitated here:
    Quote Originally Posted by eggthief View Post
    HRE
    Quote Originally Posted by L Lawliet View Post
    HRE
    Quote Originally Posted by WarMachine0505 View Post
    HRE
    Help this thread, TWC!

Let us move on, to (and I'm not being sarcastic at all) the most useful topic in the history of the forum. Have a look at honga's masterpiece: Royal Military Academy. If you're unfamiliar with honga's work, he's taken all the information you'll ever need in M2 and Kingdoms, and put it on an easily-navigable and eye-pleasing website. This is all you could ever hope for with and and all of your M2 needs, peroid. Every unit, every mercenary, and every faction's information is there, from the generic overviews to the minute details. He's even expanded the site to include the mods Broken Crescent, Stainless Steel, and Deus lo Vult.

Visit his site here: http://totalwar.honga.net/versions.php! Don't forget to rate and comment on your favorite units!

In another thread (Which Faction gave you the best play-through?), Kennylz asks us not what faction is our favorite, but which provided the most fun game. The responses are suprising in their depth:
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_guerra View Post
    I've enjoyed my Spanish campaign most. VH/VH on the retrofit mod at 0.50 speed. Really enjoyable. I sent my princess to open trades with various countries, then when her charm was up, I made a marriage alliance with France and just consolidated my position in the Iberian peninsula, usingly Jinetes, Mailed Knights and those Algumarhrsblahblah fancy javelin throwers. Took over N. Africa, crusaded over to Egypt, and thats when things got really tricky. I sent in a single full army with my best troops, and the Egyptians outnumbered me insanely. I somehow managed to fight three consecutive heroic victories (Jinetes are miracle workers). When I got the Knights of Santiago and access to Sword and Buckler men, I took over the rest of Egypt and had some really rough religious wars.

I love the unit progression of Spain, because no matter how far in you are, Jinetes make such wonderful units. Spain's units are also kind of nice to look at, especially Knights of Santiago, Tercio Pikemen and Sword and Bucklers.

It's just a really wonderful campaign. Spain has a very solid unit base, very versatile, excellent position. You have so many options for expansion, the Iberian peninsula, N. Africa, France, or what have you, and later game you have access to Musketeers, Conquistadors, a nice navy, and of course, the best position to go after the Aztecs.

Whether you like hit and run skirmishing, or just old school infantry and cavalry attacks, you can use Spain. Their high mobility means you don't have to worry so much about enemy archers as you can just run them down.
    So head there and put in your 2 cents!

The Kingdoms forums is more or less dead, but if you feel like a whinge, head on to the So what are your thoughts on the new Kingdom Patch? and complain about the AI! On second thought, don't post there, maybe the topic will die. Post in the Princesses thread instead. Princesses are pretty. Usually. Except when they're a Gorgon, which evidently was a problem for the Sicilians, based on recent campaign experiences from yours truly.

That's it, folks! Go forth and multiply! ...and post in the M2 forums. Please.

Medieval 2 AAR Forum Report
    Click to view content: 

Hi, and welcome to my forum report! I am going to showcase you one exemplary AAR and give you three other AAR reports, followed by a forum overview and some news on proposed updates to the AAR forum structure!

Firstly, I present to you, Sundance Kid’s…

The Iberian Wars
    An account of my own experiences in the Iberian Conflicts of the 13th Century.

I showcase this AAR for it's pure goodness. Oh and one badass title picture, . Seriously though, this AAR is brilliant, a romp in Spain, we are shown the tale of Arias Villena (and possibly his kids) in full colour with text commentary. Packed full of gorgeous battle screenshots and juicy snippets of text, Arias troops around Southern Europe, still managing to spurt out kids prodigiously. Written very enthusiastically my pick of the week is also popular among others, and rightly so. Here is a little snippet, no information given out unnecesarilly...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I awoke groggily, my eyes barely opening. My side was agony, as was my head. In the corner of the room a physician was cleaning some utsensils, and Cristiano and my wife stood at the end of my bed, both wearing worried faces. I thought back...Qasim...the knife...my hand fell to my side. I touched lightly upon the wound; felt the thick white bandages. Pain shot through me once again. I spasmed, and Sancha rushed over, gripping my hand tightly in hers and nuzzling against my cheek.

"Arias," she whispered, choking on sobs, "don't go. Your family needs you. Your country needs you. Don't go..."

I felt my eyes closing once more, the room slipped away...

"Arias! Arias...Arias........"

And if that isn't enough to get you to buy a sombrero and toddle down then I can do nothing, but believe me, you'll be missing out on something really good.

Now, onto other highly recommended reads. Firstly...

Power Wizards...

Quest for the Holy Beer (A Teutonic AAR)

The Boozy Adventures of Franke von Holstein and his valiant knights

Immensely funny, although on hold until July because of the author's exams.

Secondly...
    Akolythos' AAR, Of The Kiss of Oblivion and What Followed:
    This AAR is not based on a faction, or a single conquest, or a chapter in the history of empire – but rather the legacy of a man who has come to define what I love about this game and alternative history in general. Istvan. I will take this bloodthirsty badass who sadly in most people's games sits in his castle for a hundred turns, give him the hand of Anna Komnenos and put him at the head of an Imperial army. What you read or ignore at your choosing is what follows, and my attempts to document it in a palatable manner. Enjoy.

I'll be playing with Stainless Steel 6.0, with some of my own tweaks of course.

ISSSTVAAAAAAN

And last, but not least I give you the popular veteran humourous AAR-
    Laconians...
    Kievan Rus': Try hard, comedians, kings and soldiers.

And I give you an excerpt from this exemplary humourous AAR, and there is much more inside!
    Messanger: Lord, news has reached us the the Muslim Fatimids of Egypt have conquered Jerusalem:
    Vsevolod: Say what! Fat men from Egyot have cornered Jerkey sellers.
    Messanger: No, the Fatimids have conquered Jerusalem.
    Vsevolod: Well, I guess I better get off my a** and do something. Advisor, muster the army, we are sailing to Sinope.

So having summarised the pick of the bunch I now move onto an issue that you can follow in this thread. Basically the idea is that over the summer we will have a revamped AAR board structure, with all our juicy stories packed into one forum. Also, we are proposing regular competitions such as an AAR of the Week/Month, join in the debate and help decide the future of AARs on TWC.

Empire: Total War Forum Report
    Click to view content: 

My first thought when I began to write this forum summary was along the lines of: Thank the High Heavens, I have new pictures to post!

That about sums up the biggest impact in the Empire Total War land of joy thanks to new land battle screenies. No suspense here folks, just the link. The thread is a long one yes, but don’t worry those who hate diving through a mess of pesky words, the prime post has all the pictures you need. (And the ones I will be taking to bolster my forum reports, no more ships for at least another issue- yay!)

The discussion following this first post involves the exactitude of the uniforms, much head scratching on why units are shown in the formations they appear and some cool tidbits from the CA posters. I’ll let you look through the thread to find them but the one on page 2 impressed me.

There are some people who find the land shots not to their historical tastes, if you find yourself in the same boat then never fear thjere's a thread made just for this unhappy circumstance. What is wrong with the battle screens is... *insert your gripe here*. While most people seem pleased with seeing something new from Empire, there's not anything wrong with critically discussing the WiP images.

If the new screenies are not enough, check out sud commander’s thread. By translation, he gives a good account of what was said in an Empire preview in Italian magazine. If it is anything new or worthwhile is up to anyone’s judgment, but the thread has become popular as people keenly await the release of the game.

Oh, Knight of cydonia found an Empire: Total War Video Interview and passed it on. While it may not give any new info it does, in the thread starter's words, give us "something to watch". It's basically another rundown of combat on the seas, a much paraded feature of Empire.

And since I’m on the subject of that glorious new feature, the TWC community finds itself in a deep debate over what might happen when ships collide? There have been some cool images of what happens when ships engaged in proper line battles and though it might rarely have happened historically in this time period, how does CA plan to deal with the mechanics of naval movement? Will ships bounce off one another? will we see the idlers bunting off? Will the ships merely glide gracefully out of harm’s way? or will we see a ship smashes into myriad splinters and its crew pulverized into a bloody mass of ruined meat? Discuss.

And with the final death of the gloriously rendered vessel above, I shall be away. Check out the ETW section folks, it is getting livelier as the months move on and it'll only get better (or more insane depending on whose side you're on) as we get closer to the release!

An Online Battle with the Prince of Macedon
    Click to view content: 

Vanilla Rome online battle report from Prince of Macedon.
    INTRO: LEADING THE THRACIANS INTO BATTLE
    Whenever I fight online, I always pick my faction immediately. There are two reasons why I do this:
    1) I almost always use Macedon anyway (hence my name). 2) Most players online (especially clanmembers) will not pick a faction until you have. So, by picking my faction first, I avoid all of the pre-battle drama of an online match. So for this particular battle, I decided to use the Thracians online.

Thrace is an interesting fusion of Hellenistic and Barbarian cultures. But because all of their units are rather sub-par, you have to resort to a high-quantity gameplan with them. This plan calls for the mass-deployment of crap-units with multiple upgrades. And in order to wield this cumbersome army online, you have to be much more organized and systematic than with other factions.

So anyway, my opponent (Achilles) opted for the Seleucids. The battle for Alexander's scraps was about to begin!

Online Battle #997: Thrace vs the Seleucids

(Leading the Thracians into battle)

The first thing I did was re-assess my army, and then cross-reference it with my opponent's. My army was composed of 5 Phalanx Pikemen, 6 Archers, 2 Falxmen and 3 Greek Cavalry. Again, I had lots of low-quality troops, but I had an organizational method for wielding this type of crap-army. Protecting my archers was absolutely essential so I tucked these missile-men away between my heavy infantry and cavalry.

After a quick look at my opponent's army, I saw the potential of his force.

(Achilles' Seleucid Rush Army)

He had 6 Cataphracts and 6 Silver Shield Legionaries. This was basically a rush army. If he could close the distance within sword-range of my troops, then my archer threat would become non-factors in the battle. He deployed half of his Cataphracts behind his Legionaries, and he positioned the rest of his cavalry force opposite my far right.

With that in mind, I quickly shifted my archers to my right with the intent of shooting some horses down (if they decided to proceed down that flank).

(Shifting my archers to the right)

Once my archers were re-deployed to the right, I started my advance. My opponent sat back for a minute as he was busy analyzing my threat. After a minute of pondering, my opponent finally made his move. He started with a general advance towards my army, and then shifted the 3 Cataphracts (near my right) even further to the right. With that bit of movement,I was expecting a far-reaching hook with those horses. You can never assume that everything will proceed as you predict, but you can always prepare.

I prepared by keeping my army in formation. The only thing I really had to fear was the quality of my troops. Were they as determined as their commander? We'd soon find out.

My opponent's cavalry and infantry came streaming down. As his infantry came within missile range, I showered them with arrows. But even the heaviest shower of arrows was negligible against the front side of a legionary soldier. It's possible that my archers might've scraped 5 or so kills.

Once Achilles got close enough with his army, he sent his rear Cataphracts charging into the tiny gaps that separate two different pike units. This experimental charge failed miserably on my right flank. But on my left, the wedge formation of the Cataphracts somehow broke through my pikes.

(Cataphracts break through my front)

The aggressive Cataphract thrust opened up a hole on my left flank, and the horses proceeded to deal some damage to my archers who were dumbstruck by this cavalry intrusion. Just behind the cavalry came a flow of imitation Legionaries. Half of his infantry force charged into my heavily-weakened left flank like a giant fist.

(Seleucid legionaries confront my phalangites)

The rest of his infantry were pinned by my sarissas. With the aid of Zeus, my Phalanx Pikemen (in conjunction with the archers) managed to repulse this Cataphract raid.

On the extreme right, Achilles' 3 squadrons of Cataphracts had disappeared from my camera view. When I rotated my camera, I saw those particular horses doing exactly what I predicted at the beginning: they came hooking in from my right. But even with that foresight, there was little I could do about it. My pikes were busy fighting legionaries when I heard those Cataphracts stomping.

(Achilles' Cataphract Wing gallops around for a rear charge on my right flank)

In one huge crash came 3 squadrons of Cataphracts at full-strength into the rear of my Phalanx Pikemen. And so began the real battle...

I tried to turn my pikemen in the direction of the incoming Cataphracts but this movement was difficult since my guys were already engaged with some legionaries. My right flank was in serious jeopardy.

Once Achilles had committed all of his horses to the attack, I decided that now was the time to deploy my own reserves.

While the Cataphracts were mowing down my Pikes from behind (on the right flank), I threw one band of Falxmen into the mix.

(I detached a Falxmen unit to slow down the Cataphract assault on the right)

The naked Falxmen came in screaming & waving their swords around like madmen. Whenever the Falxmen swung their blades, a Seleucid horsemen fell. It must've been a terrifying day to be a Seleucid horsemen!

At the same time of my Falxmen attack, I threw in my entire force Greek Cavalry against the Cataphracts. What started off as a promising attack on my right flank turned into a mouse trap for his Cataphracts. His armored horses were virtually ripped apart in less than a minute by the combination of Greek Cavalry and Falxmen.

Over on my left flank, the threat of the legionaries had yet to be answered. But I re-balanced the situation in that sector by throwing in a reserve of Falxmen into the flanks of the Legionaries who were previously winning against my Phalanx Pikemen.

(On the left flank, another detachment of Falxmen assault the legionaries from behind)

At the moment of their impact, the Falxmen did indeed reverse the situation back into my favor. But before the Falxmen could finish off the Legionaries, two hostile squadrons of Cataphracts (who had previously retreated) returned for a rear-charge into my barbarian unit.

(Achilles counters my Falxmen on the left flank with a Cataphract charge)

The situation had swung back in favor of the Seleucids on the left flank. The gods seemed to be changing favors at the drop of a hat.

Although the gods of battle might've been confused about which side to favor, I certainly had speed as my ally. As the threat on the right flank had evaporated, I used my victorious reserves of Greek Cavalry and Falxmen as my weapon of restoration.

(My Greek Cavalry counter-charge on the Left Flank)

Without hesitation, I shifted my combat power from the right all the way over to the left. The Cataphracts, who were menacing my left, now faced certain envelopment from my ad hoc pincer movement. The Cataphracts also had the option of running away. My opponent chose the last option.

Unfortunately, when a unit is as heavily armored as a Cataphract, they cannot hope to escape a force of Greek Cavalry who weren't encumbered by such luxuries.

My Greek Cavalry chased the Cataphracts down like fugitives.

(Every unit has a purpose. Even the Greek Cavalry)

When the battle was over, Achilles and I wished each other "GG." "GG" is the proper way to end every online battle.

Makedon AAR: Rise of Persia Mod
    Click to view content: 

my Makedon AAR (rise of persia MOD) (REAL MAKEDON, NOT FYROM!!)

Menandros: Hi, I am Menandros, purveyor of mockery, sarcasm, and purposely crap writing. I hope you leik this story about my campaign. I am a man of Makedon. I fight for my country against the eveil Tarasians. They are Greeks like us but we are better Greeks so I hope we will win. I will ask my captain.
    Timagoras: Hi, I am cpatain Timagoras. I am leading a army to Thessale, but the orange Greeks blocked us off from helping our capital, because the Athenaioiai have attacked it. If I win we will live, if I lose we will lose the campaing. I hope we win too. If we win we will go to fight more and take all of what really belongs to MAKEDON!!

The battle is starting and I am nervouse because I am a captian and if I lose we die. Plus they have better troops like hoplites because they cheat and I don't no how to get good troops. (maybe BUG?? my troops poor )

The orange Greeks have a dolphin flag becuz they are gay! We have a horse standing on turd or something, doe snt matter coz MAKEDON (NOT FYROM) rules! I think of my beatiful wife and my young boy, Alexandre, I prey to the Gods I see them again. Maybe if we win this battle I can kiss her. Maybe if I die I can kiss her and hug my boy like in Gladiator in the afterlife. But not yet. Not yet.

Our men stand in lines, proud and firm like good soldiers. But they are boys, and are too young. I am sad for them. They hav not felt yet the woman's touch.

The organe Greeks have good horses, too good. They have shields and helmets and everything.

I send my men forwrd, yelling "CHARGE!" and they charge. But the enemy arrows come and shoot many of them. Blood explodes and the men cry in pain. We need to attack before the arrows kill everyon.

My troops go up and throw there speres but the orange Greeks are really tuff and only a few die.

I shout out "CHARGE!" again and the great Makedokians run, but there speres are upside down. :hmmm: They hit the enemy hoplites hard and men fight like Spartans (but Makedon hypaspists ar better))

My cavalry goes around the back to outflank! If I can scare the hoplites we can win the battle!

But instead my troops run away! I yell for them to reform the lines and blow the horn of gondor but nothing.. they are afrarid.

I am saddened by the amount of killed. I cry as I ride to refrom my men to try to attack again. I charge into some enemy javelin men and they are killed by my furie. I yell "FOR GREATER MAKEDON!" as I kill them.

But my men are still running and I need to rescue them, so I pray as I ride towards the enemy and some brave Makedon soldiers turn and fight.

I regroup my men and charge again, at the orange Greek general. I have lost the battle, but mabye i can kill him in revenge. But his hoplites are tuff and my horses are bad against spears.

Suddenly it is only me left, and I am surrounded. The enemy paused for a seconds, and I look to the sky to see a eagle and I think of my wife and son. They are beautiful, and I will see them in Ephysia. I die, quickly and sadly. My counrty is doomed..

THE END

PS Rise of Persia is a fantastic mod, and the few bugs I mentioned were ironed out. I love playing it and suggest you give it a try. Please don't get offended if I insulted you, your ethnicity, your nation, or your mother.

Picture Of The Week Roundup and News
    Click to view content: 

Picture of the Week 92 Winner
    Worm with
    Legion Inspection:

A mini-despriction by Worm on winning PotW 92:

This pic is from the begining of one of the best battles from my favorite mod Roma Surrectum. The battle was between Rome and Carthage on Hard as battle difficulty. I acutally lost the battle but it was still a great battle.

I came up with the idea for the pic after i saw Alexander in the movie with the same name holding a speech and inspecting his troops before the battle. So in the begining of my battle i made two lines of Legioneries and let my general walk between them so i could take some nice shots.
    Picture of the Week 93 Winner
    Toboe with
    E P I C A L

Picture of the Week 94 Winner
    Toboe with
    Winter Tales

Picture of the Week 95 Winner
    Toboe with
    Gloomy days

PotW news-
    Picture of the Week 97 Submissions are taking place now. The voting for PotW 96 is also taking place now. Vote and submit possible PotW winners at your pleasure.

Medals for PotW winners have been finalized and are shown below.
    The design winner is yealthecruel

Toboe was the first bronze medal winner for his PotW 94 submission.

Finally for those of you who disdain the use of image editing tools for your screenshots (or don’t know how to use them!) there is a separate contest being run by [user]Garnier[/user] in the PotW forum for unedited screenshots only. Check that out if you feel the need for a more natural approach to TW images. It is run alongside the standard PotW polling and TWC members are able to submit images in both contests during the same week. UESW 14 is underway now.

Video Of The Week Roundup
    Click to view content: 

The Video of the Week winner is as per Gaius Baltar:
    D|Need takes the crown as the initial VotW winner! Congratulations. Lets all give a hearty thanks to all the contestants for their hard work.
    The video features footage from Broken Crescent.

The rest of the first VotW submissions can be viewed in this link.

The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

Default Re: The Eagle Standard Vol. VI Issue VIII

~

RESTORING ROME - CHAPTER II: TRAGEDY OF THE KOMNENOI
    bitte sehr
    SCHRΦDINGER'S CAT - A VERY SPECIAL FELINE

Redcoat69's Avatar Campidoctor

awsome

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

Excellent issue! It was a joy to read the Fuzz's report on my beloved Macedonians (using a modded version of R:TW).

Nice job to Calvin for reporting on the R:TW area.

Also, I recently purchased a graphics card capable of handling MTW2. So perhaps I'll be writing online AARs for MTW2 some day.

After looking at the screenshots of Empires, I know I'll have to do some major upgrading (perhaps a new computer altogether) if I have any hopes of playing that monster.

Thank you for letting me contribute to this issue.
    Last edited by Prince_of_Macedon; May 26, 2008 at 09:18 PM.
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

Miles

I am totally stunned by the superb Thracian battle by the Prince, both for the feat and for the telling. Sign me up as a minion for life.

masterbaker's Avatar Decanus

Not bad indeed

Harry Lime's Avatar Not a ToS violation
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

Another great edition of the ES. My personal favourites were the feature articles by the Prince of Macedon & zznɟ ǝɥʇ but every section was very enjoyable. Thanks to all that contributed their hard work this month.
    Proud Patron of derdrakken, dave scarface, J@mes & irishron
    Indulging in the insight & intelligence of imb39

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

Fuzz's AAR = best evar.

Great Job everyone!!!!

Wow I'm honored that TFT was mentioned...

The Eagle Standard is great, ive read every issue. Keep them coming.
    Dvor Cavalry
    The best cavalry in the game.

Great work, keep it up!

**RS Dev Team***Reciprocal Repper!* RIP Calvin- you will be missed

This is the first issue for me 2 read (I've only been here for about a month) and I like it

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Nice reading

I guess I missed this, good stuff although had you posted a video with that online battle Prince? Because nothing is showing int he spoiler? I even refreshed the page no luck.

But as for the POW I love this one!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    I guess I missed this, good stuff although had you posted a video with that online battle Prince? Because nothing is showing int he spoiler? I even refreshed the page no luck.
    No, I didn't make a video for it. Where do you see the link at?

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

I don't see a link, I tried opening your first spoiler tag and nothing is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    I don't see a link, I tried opening your first spoiler tag and nothing is there.
    There isn't supposed to be a link.

Basically, the battle report was supposed to be inside that "Hide" feature. There's nothing inside because it's all outside.

Go, Foot!
    Son of PW